BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > How long takes production of F20?

04-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Honziss
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 116d + E81 116i

How long takes production of F20?

I got serious question regarding setting of car into production, because I guess I'm treated with my dealer wrong way? What happened?

- on 6th April i visited dealer to make specs for f20 and signed purchase contract. I wasn't sure about the color and some option part (cos he didn't know that), but i was assured that the production takes 3 months and he gave me time till the end of April to change color and add some options

- on 13th April (week later) i got call from him, that car will go into production sooner (he told 2-3 weeks), so if I want, we have to change specs today. So i visited him within 1 hour, we changed specs and color, he made new contract

- yesterday i got a call from him again, that the car is already produced (3 day after!), but not with the changes we made. Now he force me to take the car as it is...

My question is, is it normal that the car is produced 10 weeks sooner then expected? Does dealer have info about actual status of the car and expected closing terms for changes?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honziss View Post
My question is, is it normal that the car is produced 10 weeks sooner then expected? Does dealer have info about actual status of the car and expected closing terms for changes?
He did a very poor job by giving you wrong information and setting you under unneccesary stress. And his own research is catastrofic. You should demand a compensation.
Just my point of view.
      04-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Honziss
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed View Post
He did a very poor job by giving you wrong information and setting you under unneccesary stress. And his own research is catastrofic. You should demand a compensation.
Just my point of view.
I told him that I'm able to think about some compensation for such information mess, but he said no, he's still keeping telling me that I could be lucky to get new car sooner...

I guess I'll give him one more day to think about it and then I'll strictly demand the car in new specs - that I have contract for.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I guess I'll give him one more day to think about it and then I'll strictly demand the car in new specs - that I have contract for.
As long as you have a contract including your new specs you have a VERY good case!
Show him who's got the money
      04-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #5
ReadingFC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116ED

I would stand firm on the contract that you have. The dealer would been able to check the status of any vehicle in production by using the IVS 'Comm' number.

Each vehicle is allocated a build week which your dealer would have known.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honziss
I got serious question regarding setting of car into production, because I guess I'm treated with my dealer wrong way? What happened?

- on 6th April i visited dealer to make specs for f20 and signed purchase contract. I wasn't sure about the color and some option part (cos he didn't know that), but i was assured that the production takes 3 months and he gave me time till the end of April to change color and add some options

- on 13th April (week later) i got call from him, that car will go into production sooner (he told 2-3 weeks), so if I want, we have to change specs today. So i visited him within 1 hour, we changed specs and color, he made new contract

- yesterday i got a call from him again, that the car is already produced (3 day after!), but not with the changes we made. Now he force me to take the car as it is...

What seems to have happened to me is that someone has decided not to buy their F20, you came along asking for a new one, and after you signed your contract, he found this car, similar spec to what you wanted, and gave you that- you don't have to buy it at all- if your contract states features and options they do t deliver, don't give them.a penny and ring trading standards!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #7
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeech View Post
What seems to have happened to me is that someone has decided not to buy their F20, you came along asking for a new one, and after you signed your contract, he found this car, similar spec to what you wanted, and gave you that- you don't have to buy it at all- if your contract states features and options they do t deliver, don't give them.a penny and ring trading standards!
Agree, that's what I think aswell.
sounds like really bad service, crap dealer =/ thank god you got the signed contract with the right specs. You defenitely got the upper hand. Be firm, tell them you want what you ordered and wont't agree on anything else.

perhaps have a word with the manger at the place, tell him what happened and what his sales-man is up to =/
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Honziss
Private
Rep

No progress

Just to inform you how it's going on.....few telephone calls with salles guy, but not any progress. He accepted, that this problem is because of wrong comunication between him and bmw, but he couldn't offer compensation or set new car into production, because he's not able to sell 1er with so many options to the other customer.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit his boss - head of sales department.

This dealer is the biggest one in our country (they have at least 30 cars in the showroom), so to keep one extra on stock cannot be a problem. And they are keeping function of bmw importer for our country. So I assumed that such behavior is just a pure ignorance or the fail of one person.

We'll see tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just to inform you how it's going on.....few telephone calls with salles guy, but not any progress. He accepted, that this problem is because of wrong comunication between him and bmw, but he couldn't offer compensation or set new car into production, because he's not able to sell 1er with so many options to the other customer.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit his boss - head of sales department.

This dealer is the biggest one in our country (they have at least 30 cars in the showroom), so to keep one extra on stock cannot be a problem. And they are keeping function of bmw importer for our country. So I assumed that such behavior is just a pure ignorance or the fail of one person.

We'll see tomorrow...
I'm sorry, but the fact that he cannot sell this 1er with so many options to another customer is not your problem- he is trying to force it on you. Reject the sale, walk away then walk back in and order a new car. They dont have a leg to stand on!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
ReadingFC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 116ED

At the end of the day you can only take delivery and pay for what is on the contract. You stated that he amended the contract with new spec & colour and gave you a copy after deposit I presume.

I cannot see what the problem is? It is like ordering a 5 door and getting delivered a convertible it is not what you ordered simple.

p.s Marek Matejovski was a brilliant player for Reading fc
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
Honziss
Private
Rep

The war is over and I'm not the winner.

So, the case is over and it's me who's loosing. Do you want to know how they do it? Very easy:

I got a call from them today, they told me to look at both contracts. Both are issued with the same date (original, earlier date) - which, of course, I didn't notice while signing the new one (small leters in header front page) - my fault, I know.

So he kindly informed me, that he's about to fullfill the original contract and he doesn't know about any other and if I want, I can reject the overhand of the car, but the applies the general rules of sales = loosing deposit €4000,-

End of story. I'm really exited to get my first BMW...

Last edited by Honziss; 04-20-2012 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honziss
So, the case is over and it's me who's loosing. Do you want to know how they do it? Very easy:

I got a call from them today, they told me to look at both contracts. Both are issued with the same (original, earlier date) - which, of course, I didn't notice while signing the new one (small leters in header front page) - my fault, I know.

So he kindly informed me, that he's about to fullfill the original contract and he doesn't know about any other and if I want, I can reject the overhand of the car, but the applies the general rules of sales = loosing deposit €4000,-

End of story. I'm really exited to get my first BMW...
Get a lawyer!! Make sure they're not just scaring you.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep

Garage List
A new contract automatically cancels an older contract, no matter if they are closed the same date. This case should be like fast food for a lawyer. And interesting for the press.

I am extremely surprised and disappointed this is an official BMW dealer. In any other case they would at least have sweetened the pill by a discount or extra equpiment to make you happy.
But of course they normally would have given you the car you wanted and sell the other car without loosing a penny on it.

One thing is for sure. They lost you as a future customer.
      04-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superspeed
A new contract automatically cancels an older contract, no matter if they are closed the same date. This case should be like fast food for a lawyer. And interesting for the press.

I am extremely surprised and disappointed this is an official BMW dealer. In any other case they would at least have sweetened the pill by a discount or extra equpiment to make you happy.
But of course they normally would have given you the car you wanted and sell the other car without loosing a penny on it.

One thing is for sure. They lost you as a future customer.
+1 this salesman is a joke and shouldn't be wearing a BMW badge.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Honziss
Private
Rep

I'm not giving up...

I'm not giving it up. Not because my car, but because of future customers. I'll keep informing you how it's going on, after weekend...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
eezzee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F20

This is rather shocking. I would write to BMW directly and shame the dealer. Also what the salesman is saying is utter nonsense and you ought not give in to his bullying tactics. Talk the head chap at the dealer in the first instance. If he doesn't see sense, tell him you will contact BMW HQ directly to state the facts of the case. And do so. If both these don't yield satisfaction, then get a lawyer on to it and whatever you do, don't accept current car or sign anything else. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eezzee
This is rather shocking. I would write to BMW directly and shame the dealer. Also what the salesman is saying is utter nonsense and you ought not give in to his bullying tactics. Talk the head chap at the dealer in the first instance. If he doesn't see sense, tell him you will contact BMW HQ directly to state the facts of the case. And do so. If both these don't yield satisfaction, then get a lawyer on to it and whatever you do, don't accept current car or sign anything else. Good luck.
+1 the right thing to do. Very disappointed. Sort it out BMW!!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #18
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

outrageous. They should loose their rights to sell bmw, sounds like this dealer is a disgrace to the brand. I'd say you should go on, go to higher instances and see if you have any luck.

But it's sad anyway, I imagine that even if things turn out the way you want, the whole experience of buying the new car is a bit ruined =(
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #19
daviep.sco
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 2.0d SE

Slightly off topic for this thread, but on average how long does it take between order and delivery in the UK. I know my order has been sent but don't have a ddelivery date yet.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviep.sco
Slightly off topic for this thread, but on average how long does it take between order and delivery in the UK. I know my order has been sent but don't have a ddelivery date yet.

Cheers
Ordered: march 30th
Build week: may 7th
Delivery week: may 21st

All depends on when your build week is- add 3 weeks to your build week and you'll get +\- 7 days
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
eezzee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F20

Ask your dealer re factory build week slot. It will arrive to the UK 3 weeks after that, then up to your dealer to prep before delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #22
daviep.sco
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 2.0d SE

Cheers guys, going by this I ordered on the 14th April so looks like it will be start of June.
Will get back to the dealer for the factory build date. Fingers crossed the start of June as my insurance runs out on the 4th......
Appreciate 0