BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Driving pet peeves

06-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #67
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
That's one of the reasons I'm glad I ordered the power sun shade on my rear window. There was recently a left-lane hog on the freeway in a Honda who wasn't going to move, so I moved into the right lane... and he sped up, trying to prevent me from passing.

When I got around, he started flipping me off and flashing his lights at me. I think it really pissed him off when I ignored him... and he saw the shade come up and block my view of him.
So a Honda driver thought he could outrun your car?

Speaking of that kind of stuff, it sucks when I'm in the slow Jetta & I need to get around, but I know I'd get beat
However, when I'm in the Miata & people think it's just another Miata & I can't get around em. Oops, wrong!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:37 AM   #68
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakyDog View Post
All these other people in cars on my ROADS!

King Steve wants to go for a drive, now get off my road peasants.

Steve
Haaaaa, to funny.

I will add....”move bitch get out da way!” (Ludacris voice)
My biggest pet peeve is a moving road block. Ppl who are driving the same mph next to each other and you can’t pass them...ughhhh. Then I start thinking it’s on purpose to screw over us faster drivers. So annoying

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 06-22-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #69
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Haaaaa, to funny.

I will add....”move bitch get out da way!” (Ludicrous voice)
My biggest pet peeve is a moving road block. Ppl who are driving the same mph next to each other and you can’t pass them...ughhhh. Then I start thinking it’s on purpose to screw over us faster drivers. So annoying
I agree. And when you finally get past them they give you a finger or a nasty look.
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #70
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Driving pet peeves...all other humans on the road.
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00
      06-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #71
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Yup, I posted that a few posts back. Happens to me every single day, I cannot understand the mind set of people who do that, like WTF. Not only that but they then pass the car going like 1 or 2mph faster than them.
Sorry I missed it.
I've actually had an 18 wheeler cut over in front of me with my BMW 330 so late that I actually had the ABS come on! That is with my Stoptech 355mm BBK, in the total dry weather! I never hit ABS with that car even on Rcomps on the track. I was beyond furious. If I hadn't had my BMW, I would have rear ended him. What a DB.
Oh, yeah, maybe 1 or 2 mph faster at the most. Then THEY get annoyed when you're on their ass till they move over again.

Quote:
Just as bad, though.... are the ones who are moving quicker in the left lane, so you pull into the right to let them pass... and they won't ****ing do it. As soon as they get just off the left rear corner of the car, they start pacing you, so you won't be able to pass the slower car or truck up ahead.

That's when I just nail it and move back into the left lane, in front of them, to pass the slower traffic.
A quick downshift and I blow bye them. I don't even give them a chance to pace me. Not worth the aggravation.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #72
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystermykee View Post
Aside from the illegal things like texting/talking on phone...

I HATE HATE (so much so I've thought about getting a small whiteboard to write "YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY") people who have no clue what to do at unprotected turn intersections.

Idiot 1: Approaches intersection and wants to make a right turn but yields to those coming from the opposite direction wanting to make a left

Idiot 2: Approaches intersection wanting to make a left turn but does not yield to those making a right. This situation is even worse when the intersection is big and the opposite end of the intersection has two lanes allowing for right turns.

If I had a beater car I would just continue making my right while those making a left from the opposite direction...
That's because y'all are too dumb for roundabouts, 4 way stops are fucking stupid.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 12:58 PM   #73
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (Sold) @downf0rce

Do we have: braking on the interstate when no one in front of you is braking?

I believe this one of the biggest causes of traffic. Obviously there are other legitimate reasons to brake, but so many people in traffic jams are braking when the person in front is not. Its ludicrous. I want a tail light that's on when no brakes are applied stating "BRAKING UNNECESSARY," then when I hit the brake, then "UN" goes dark. If you see unnecessary, you shouldn't have to brake.
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #74
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by afisherunc View Post
Do we have: braking on the interstate when no one in front of you is braking?

I believe this one of the biggest causes of traffic. Obviously there are other legitimate reasons to brake, but so many people in traffic jams are braking when the person in front is not. Its ludicrous. I want a tail light that's on when no brakes are applied stating "BRAKING UNNECESSARY," then when I hit the brake, then "UN" goes dark. If you see unnecessary, you shouldn't have to brake.

BILLION times this .... an absolute epidemic, so many people brake for absolutely ZERO fuckign reason.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #75
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
To paraphrase E-40, you gotta hate Captain Speed Limit.

"And my motto is f**k a ho and hit the throttle."

Quote:
That's one of the situations where lane splitting on a motorcycle comes in really handy. There were a couple of morons who were doing that on Highway 101 in Mendocino County, in a section where there's a passing lane for about two miles, then two lane highway for more than ten miles following.

They were doing about five miles an hour under the speed limit and there was a long line of cars behind them. I was on my Yamaha R1, so I split the lanes, moved in front of the road hog in the left lane, and motioned him into the right lane.

He complied... and many of the drivers who had been stuck behind him honked their horns and gave me a thumbs up as they passed.
Appreciate 1
Dagamus_NM1639.50
      06-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #76
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
BILLION times this .... an absolute epidemic, so many people brake for absolutely ZERO fuckign reason.
Especially when they see a white car coming up behind them at a decent speed. Seems everyone thinks you're a cop and can't tell headlights or the type of car from their mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #77
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haaaaa, to funny.

I agree but the offense is not limited to non BMW drivers. Today I was driving on a 4 lane road (2 each direction) with a speed limit of 50 mph. A BMW in front of me, in the left lane, kept pace with the car in the right lane for about three miles before he turned off.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #78
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I agree but the offense is not limited to non BMW drivers. Today I was driving on a 4 lane road (2 each direction) with a speed limit of 50 mph. A BMW in front of me, in the left lane, kept pace with the car in the right lane for about three miles before he turned off.
Remember the old joke: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? All the pricks are on the outside of a porcupine.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #79
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Remember the old joke: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? All the pricks are on the outside of a porcupine.
that's not true. I looked it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #80
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Here's another one.

Asshole tail gaiting you on the highway in the left lane, riding the line so he makes sure you see him in your side mirror BUT everyone is going 80+ and it's packed with cars. No where to go dude!

Sure I could change lanes but everyone is driving the same speed.

Why does he insist on riding my ass and it's packed? Hate that!

So what do I do??? Drive a little slower... PLUS the bastard is driving a Camry!!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #81
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
That's how you identify the badge chasing poseurs who have been ruining the brand built off enthusiasts like us.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 05:02 AM   #82
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Any and all HONDAS, worst drivers ....... period
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2018, 08:06 AM   #83
Timujin
Major
Rep
Drives: GMC Sierra

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
HID bulbs in non-projector housings!!! Blinding coming at you or behind you (I point my rear view mirrors back at them). ASSHOLES buy a car that comes with proper HID/LED headlights. Do not put HID bulbs in your fog light housings and use your fog lights when it isn't foggy! LED light bars! FUUUUUUG YOU!!!

Z. All of the aforementioned stuff.
s021199.00
      06-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #84
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I know this is an old thread but I feel compelled to add to the list:

Pulling up to an intersection where there is room for a person turning left (across both lanes of traffic) and one turning right (crossing only one lane of traffic). An SUV pulls up to turn left and I am trying to turn right and the SUV goes so far forward that I cannot see if anyone is coming from my left because of this humongous inconsiderate person. So I have to wait until he decides that it is safe to pull out across both lanes of traffic. No reason for him to pull that far forward.
Appreciate 2
      06-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #85
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
I know this is an old thread but I feel compelled to add to the list:

Pulling up to an intersection where there is room for a person turning left (across both lanes of traffic) and one turning right (crossing only one lane of traffic). An SUV pulls up to turn left and I am trying to turn right and the SUV goes so far forward that I cannot see if anyone is coming from my left because of this humongous inconsiderate person. So I have to wait until he decides that it is safe to pull out across both lanes of traffic. No reason for him to pull that far forward.
Yes, this happens to me ALL the time trying to leave my work parking lot. So frustrating
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #86
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Aside from pretty much everything mentioned in this thread, trucks that haul rocks and people from countries that don't make them secure their load in the back up their pickup truck are tops for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #87
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Along with the ones posts( didn’t read the whole thread). A couple years ago we were in Cabo and we took a bus trip to Lapaz to snorkel with the whale sharks.
I was amazed on how disciplined the natives were. In the about the four hour ride ride there and back everyone moved out of the left lane when traffic came up on them, they all know how to navigate a roundabout smoothly and I noticed there are many, many four way stops without lights. Not one time did i see a driver jump out of turn or sit there with their thumb up their ass not knowing what to do. USA drivers screw all these things up all the friggin time. Sad.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 06-06-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2019, 04:23 PM   #88
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Aside from pretty much everything mentioned in this thread, trucks that haul rocks and people from countries that don't make them secure their load in the back up their pickup truck are tops for me.
I have the perfect solution to this that i will enact when you guys make me President.

If anything falls out of your truck bed, the law will be that you shall be hit in the face with it once.
Appreciate 0