BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW 2002 on Leno's Garage 5/1/17

05-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #23
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Beautiful, Less is more approach. It still looks beautiful because the design is so subtle. No Crazy front/rear end. The interior is simple, and has the basic functions. No HUD, back up camera, etc. And what really annoys me is, having a exhaust note come through your audio system. REALLY. BMW needs to look at the video OP posted. Bring back the " Ultimate Driving Machine."
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #24
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
But thats the thing...I want to hear Leno's opinion.

I watch Matt Farah every day, but I'd rather hear Leno's opinion given their experiences and shear variety of cars Leno has owned and driven by comparison.
Leno is just different. I think he can find an acute appreciation for everything. His garage is the most insane thing I have ever seen. He has so much random stuff that is all very specific to his interests. What Leno enjoys the most is connecting to enthusiasts and discussing the passion behind the projects. Leno is absolutely the person to listen to about history and classics, where farah is more intune with new models, performance, mods, etc. They just different.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17315.00
      05-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #25
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Leno is just different. I think he can find an acute appreciation for everything. His garage is the most insane thing I have ever seen. He has so much random stuff that is all very specific to his interests. What Leno enjoys the most is connecting to enthusiasts and discussing the passion behind the projects. Leno is absolutely the person to listen to about history and classics, where farah is more intune with new models, performance, mods, etc. They just different.
Leno is awesome

True enthusiast with good taste and class......clearly not a snob though

His show was also a refreshing alternative to the late night nonsense/drama that existed and has doubled down since.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #26
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
But that in summary is why I would like him to share more. I like the geekiness, and would love more expression or detail.

Leno....more James May please, less Hammond and Clarkson!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #27
fbsm
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GFX View Post
But that in summary is why I would like him to share more. I like the geekiness, and would love more expression or detail.

Leno....more James May please, less Hammond and Clarkson!

Ewww.....May is a spineless noodle who is almost always on the losing/failing end of everything...thats not what Leno needs
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #28
3GFX
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsm View Post
Ewww.....May is a spineless noodle who is almost always on the losing/failing end of everything...thats not what Leno needs
Noodle maybe, but his more "calm" demeanor is closer to Leno than Clarkson or Hammond. Really I just wish Leno would be more technical on camera with his thoughts that's all. I'm sure off camera he looks over every inch and has plenty of interesting thoughts going around in his head.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 01:10 PM   #29
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsm View Post
Leno is awesome

True enthusiast with good taste and class......clearly not a snob though

His show was also a refreshing alternative to the late night nonsense/drama that existed and has doubled down since.
Pretty much. There are so many shows that just quote specs and focus on head-to-head performance, which is awesome and super interesting but we can only have so many shows like that.

I would love to see more stuff of Leno doing deep dives into his collection and talking about various cars in his collection and why he has them.

After I was on his show, people always asked " what is your favorite car in his collection?" and the truth is, I cant pick one. I was impressed more with the sheer variety of cars in his collection. Everything there for a very specific and personal reason to him and it was super interesting to talk to him about these. His motorcycle collection is even larger than his car collection and is absolutely mind blowing.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 07:50 AM   #30
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Great little car. I prefer the round tail lights but if the square were stock that year than so be it. The Alpina wheels look good this size too. Sounded great. The guy had his BMW CCA hat on too, proper BMW guy!

Leno is great, knows his stuff and always seems to have the tech knowledge. The interviews seem honest.

The M2 badge, irrespective of any other reasons, looked odd due to the differences in the silver! Agree just make it a sleeper 2002.
      05-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #31
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Even a lowly M42 swap would be very cool in a 2002. Love these cars.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #32
Furionpl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1

That BMW 2002 is simply beautifull.
Leno is a lucky guy. (with a lot of cash)
Appreciate 0