BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 1 Series GT Hits the Ring (Video)

09-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #23
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Active Tourer answers customer demands for extra space and flexibility within the compact segment.
It is not a performance car but the ring is not just used to measure performance and beat lap times.

The aim is to offer customers in that chosen segment something which has a more BMW dynamic outline to disguise the normality you normally expect in this segment with manufacturers conforming to a typical one-box concept. Although Ford and it S- Max shows the way for a more sportier choice on what is available currently for customers.

Customers in this segment intend to have growing families , but many can't or won't conform to an SUV . Active tourer will offer sheer driving pleasure , sporty dynamics in a sportier BMW dynamic shape.

The key is to distinguish the new FWD BMW family from the all-new MINI family in every way possible.
Attached Images

09-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #24
Eichler1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 conv

Look! It's a BMW GTI...

... except it's not nearly as good looking as VW's hot hatch and its D-pillar is even bigger, creating a massive blond spot I'd hate to deal with in traffic.

BTW, maybe it's fast, but maybe I could drive my former DD, a 1991 Honda Civic Si hatch even faster under those conditions. The Civic was far lighter and cornered flatter than that weird looking thing that will surely disgrace the BMW line.

BMW should SERIOUSLY consider creating a Scion-like line for these downmarket ugly ducklings.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #25
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichler1 View Post
and its D-pillar is even bigger, creating a massive blond spot I'd hate to deal with in traffic.
Personally I like brunettes, but it wouldn't take much to get me to a massive blond spot if such a thing existed!
Appreciate 0