BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > What to look out for when buying 2015 1 Series?

05-15-2024, 07:11 AM   #1
feejit
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i

What to look out for when buying 2015 1 Series?

Hi everyone, I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place!

I am looking at buying a BMW Series, ideally the 2015 facelift version, automatic petrol.

What are the key things I should look out for when looking at any? I am based in Ireland too so a lot are Japanese imports and I know to look out for a German build one, for parts and insurance etc.

Any tips at all would be hugely appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2024, 09:44 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hi.

Your inquiry looks ambiguous and vague.

What's wrong with a German build? I didn't even know (or care ) they were built elsewhere. You seem to use "look out for" in a British specific sense of "search for and produce" rather than the common "beware", right?

As you should know already the car seems quite reliable, hardly any complaints/issues, on this forum at least (I don't read beyond tuning mentioned when it comes to engine troubles).

If you mean to wonder what options can be recommended, it depends on what you value. Some/many seem to only care about infotainment. M-Sport is the top version for both comfort and handling (the sport suspension can be absent, it was "removable" when ordering!). Make sure you'll have sport seats, at least, unless you are too wide to fit those. I do like the M-Sport brakes even though I don't like braking hard.
Appreciate 0