BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > A/C Sound and Steering Problems

09-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
Slyly
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F20 1.16

A/C Sound and Steering Problems

Hello all,

For an unknown reason (tho i guess it is the damn service) i started to struggle with the problems in my F20.

Recently, i have noticed that when the A/C is on the engine sounds louder (like an old truck conveyor belt drive) between 1.500-3.000 rpm.

Has anyone else noticed the same issue?

I will try and make a video of it.

The car has 18.000km on it and it started right after its 1st service (11.500km). I told it to the guy during the delivery and they said "yes i hear but can not do anything".

Additionally, i am struggling with steering wheel problems.

It was shaking from day 1 (shaking between 80-120km/h) but now it is not correcting itself after a right turn and it constantly pulls the car to the right. Which means i can not lift my hands of the steering even just for one second. I applied to the service for warranty and they indicated their ill-will and said we are not willing to change the steering box and the steering arms in warranty. They have said i have fallen into a hole and this bend my steering arms and it damaged the steering box (which they can not answer if how it did not harm any of the undercarriage).

So i have sent a mail to Germany BMW and awaiting their answer (which i hope will be positive). Any helpful advise regarding any or both of the issues would be extremely welcome.

Thank you for your time in reading and answering.

Have a good day.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:48 AM   #2
PSG James
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F20 2013

Hi, You should've gone to the dealer if you had a vibration since day 1.
I had same issue like yours, (since day 1 as well) so I went back to the dealer right away. the problem was the run flat tire. My dealer replaced with a new set of tire and problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:51 AM   #3
Slyly
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolz View Post
I had same issue like yours, (since day 1 as well) the problem was the run flat tire. My dealer replaced with a new set of tire and problem solved.
I went to the dealer.

They did not even "check" the car. They said it is the RFT (did not even have the car in the service station).

In 400 km's i have gone to the dealer again with an exhaust sound. They have taken the car into the service station but did not write the "steering" issue to the service papers.

Unfortunately, our crooked BMW authorized dealer is not as concerned about the cars as Belgium

Last edited by Slyly; 09-16-2015 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: corrected a word
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
PSG James
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F20 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyly
Quote:
I had same issue like yours, (since day 1 as well) the problem was the run flat tire. My dealer replaced with a new set of tire and problem solved.
I went to the dealer.

They did not even "check" the car. They said it is the RFT (did not even have the car in the service station).

In 400 km's i have gone to the dealer again with an exhaust sound. They have taken the car into the service station but did not write the "steering" issue to the service papers.

Unfortunately, our crook BMW authorized dealer is not as concerned about the cars as Belgium
Oh god. The dealers are so unprofessional nowadays.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:59 AM   #5
Slyly
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Oh god. The dealers are so unprofessional nowadays.
Yes unfortunately.

I have written the issue to BMW Germany. Hope they are professional.

By the way, the sound from AC seems to be from the compressor unit of AC.

Will have it documented at service. Hopefully, this time they will do it properly.

Oh and additonally, the first service i have taken the car to (also was the dealership that i have bought), as i have told previously, have told me it was the RFT and suggested me to "drive it this way". When i insisted on a wheel alignment and balancing since the vehicles are carried on top of trucks, he said "well i am not taking the car in for the wheel alignment and balancing until 2.000km's. It would give the car time to get used to the conditions. The distributor of BMW in my country (Turkey) has tested my car for 3 days (during its 12.000km service. I am working in a busy environment so can not always go to the service. Besides, they have told me that since the car still has warranty anything that will break will be replaced from warranty so it would not make a difference if i would take the car in now or 10 days later. It was even their suggestion to take the car in during its 12.000km service) and they said "the car has no problem".

Afterwards, a new service (which is authorized by the distibutor) has found my issue. And now i am the one to struggle with BMW because of some random lunatic not caring for the Brand.

Last edited by Slyly; 09-16-2015 at 04:05 AM..
Appreciate 0