E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My BMW got wrecked. How much less is it worth?

07-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
boilerdan33
Adrenaline Junkie Extrordinaire
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i Steptronic ZSP

My BMW got wrecked. How much less is it worth?

I bought a 2008 BMW 335i sedan. It had 5K miles and when I bought it last year, the KBB was $41K. I got it for $32.5K because it had been damaged prior to it's life as demo. It had 5K miles. I figured that the damage was the reason I got it cheap. Since then, my niece rear-ended someone and did $6K in damage to the front end. I'm sure both of the accidents will show up on a CARFAX, even though the total of the repairs were the front bumper, bumper cover, fender, headlight and hood.

The car looks perfect. My bodyshop did a great job.

My MIL had a stroke and I had a kid. I don't want to, but I think I'm going to have to sell it.

My question is, how much less is the vehicle worth becasue of it's repair history? Is there some sort of standard percentage? I'm positive that it's not a Salvage title. The current KBB is about $30K. If I can't get at least 24 or 25K I'm going to keep it. It has the sport package, and a few other options. The MSRP was $44.5K

Opinions?

Thanks,
1. Hot 2.Sane 3.Single -Pick Two
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
FLA 335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i (SOLD) !!!!!

please understand i am not trying to flame, just an opinion.

well for sure due to the impact/damage it is worth less. Also it was a demo so the individual who purchases it may also take the wear and tear that a demo faces into consideration. Fact that there was 6k of damage doesnt sound catastrophic (headlights/intercooler/transmission cooler) alone are $$$$$...

i would venture to say that there are 2007's going for about 22-26k right now, 2008 for about 24-29k and some 2009's for 30k+. now factor in mileage/diminished value due to accident i would say your's very well might go for 20-26k... ballpark...

you never now, if you have very low mileage and also CPO / maintenance package / well equipped maybe 25k+... ??

congrats on having a child, hope the monther in law is okay and wish you the best of luck!