BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > sportline welcome lights white/cold white

07-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

sportline welcome lights white/cold white

Sorta related to the interior light thread but I think worthy of branching off to another as this is about options and welcome lighting not map lights!

According to:

clicky

my 116d Sport (UK spec) should have something called

"Welcome lighting, front and rear - switchable White/Cold White LED" (bottom row of the Interior Equipment section) but I can't see any option to change the colour of the welcome lighting in the iDrive settings.

I did find some SMD LEDs on my venture inside the interior light clusters, I'm wondering if mine are broken because I can't seem to get them to come on, even when I unlock the doors but do not open them
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Koalway Kid
Koalway Kid 69
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 120D Sport (f20)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma View Post
Sorta related to the interior light thread but I think worthy of branching off to another as this is about options and welcome lighting not map lights!

According to:

clicky

"Welcome lighting, front and rear - switchable White/Cold White LED" (bottom row of the Interior Equipment section) but I can't see any option to change the colour of the welcome lighting in the iDrive settings.

I did find some SMD LEDs on my venture inside the interior light clusters, I'm wondering if mine are broken because I can't seem to get them to come on, even when I unlock the doors but do not open them
I drive "settings" "lights" "welcome lights" you also need light switch on auto or low beam setting... Page 83 in manual,

to change colour of interior "settings" "lights" "ambient" page 88 in manual
120D Sport (F20) Bk Sapphire/Coral Red/Piano trim/Sport Seats/18” 385 wheels/ Sport 8 speed step auto/Park Assist/Internet/Office/3D Nav/DAB radio/ Harmon Kardon/M Sport suspension/Anthracite headlining/ Driver comfort package/Interior comfort package/ Visibility package/Sun protection package/BMW Pro Media package/Variable m sport steering/PDC
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

thanks its weird how the LEDs and the bulbs come on at the same time though when I set it to Ambient Sport colour scheme

surely if the LEDs are on, the bulbs should stay off?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 12:52 AM   #4
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcomma View Post

According to:

clicky

I can't find the setting to change them from white to cold white either??
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0