BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinctin (full trailer)

03-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinctin (full trailer)

Who's the cute blonde?

So glad they dumped Shia LaBouf or whatever his name is for Mark "The Man" Wahlberg.
THIS is what going the movies is all about people!

03-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

That looks awesome! can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

on the fence...but will def see it...
      06-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Went to see the movie last night. My thoughts? It sucked, hard. There was plenty of explosions and action scenes which are typical of a Michael Bay's movie. However, I felt that the plot and acting left a lot to be desired. Also, there were so many lame/cheesy moments in the movie. I wish I had waited until it comes out dvd, and I normally like Transformers movies.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

it's always the cute thing to hate awesome movies....

I've never hated any Transformer movie ever made.....

**waiting on TMNT**
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

It's a shame that this movie has gotten more exposure than a genuinely good 2014 action/thriller film like Edge of Tomorrow. You look at edge of tomorrow and your first impression may be "it's a god damned tom cruise action movie how good can this possibly be?" It's surprisingly good and it's way better than Transformers. I don't particularly like Tom Cruise (although I don't particularly have the irrational hatred towards him that many others do) but Edge of Tomorrow was legitimately entertaining for numerous reasons.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

The book is pretty awesome too. Check out "All You Need is Kill" if you have time. Was recommended by another member on my "recommend me a book" thread. Short and very jam packed with action.

I'm still quite choked about them killing off Megan Fox. Just not the same afterwards.

and TX, no bold letters this time? I'm disappointed.
      06-29-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

they need to give this transformers shit a rest.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
It's a shame that this movie has gotten more exposure than a genuinely good 2014 action/thriller film like Edge of Tomorrow. You look at edge of tomorrow and your first impression may be "it's a god damned tom cruise action movie how good can this possibly be?" It's surprisingly good and it's way better than Transformers. I don't particularly like Tom Cruise (although I don't particularly have the irrational hatred towards him that many others do) but Edge of Tomorrow was legitimately entertaining for numerous reasons.
I need to go watch Edge of Tomorrow. The preview didn't wow me but someone at work said it was very good. I'm intrigued now. I'll go watch it when I get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #10
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
The book is pretty awesome too. Check out "All You Need is Kill" if you have time. Was recommended by another member on my "recommend me a book" thread. Short and very jam packed with action.

I'm still quite choked about them killing off Megan Fox. Just not the same afterwards.

My apologies!

I no longer go to see ANY Blockbuster (the only time I may even go) the very first weekend. Too hectic and far too many teens and tweens yapping. I will go this Tuesday.
I'm stoked! I don't care WHAT anybody says, Michael Bay is my ninja! If I want a lame, subtle drama-soaked film I may catch it on cable. Give me Big Blockbusters FULL of Special Effects!!!
By the way... Edge of Tomorrow was foking awesome! And Tom Cruise is the MF man as well. He may not be Tom Hanks, but no one does action like the dude! And he's damn near 50 so major kudos just for that!
      06-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Went to see the movie last night. My thoughts? It sucked, hard. There was plenty of explosions and action scenes which are typical of a Michael Bay's movie. However, I felt that the plot and acting left a lot to be desired. Also, there were so many lame/cheesy moments in the movie. I wish I had waited until it comes out dvd, and I normally like Transformers movies.
+1 I watched it yesterday. And that cute blondes boyfriend was such a waste of a character.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Another opinion....

Quote:
Transformers: Age of Extinction - 9/10 - I thought all of the movies were all pretty good, and each one got slightly better. At this point they've reached the technological apex. Still the same type of action and CGI. Great move on changing up the whole cast. Mark took the role to another level. The Dinobots rocked. Great new autobots.GO See!
      06-29-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I saw it in IMAX 3D last night and loved it. There was so much action that the plot kind of became diluted, but who cares. I love action!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #14
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post

That was me!!! Glad you enjoyed it, Edge of Tomorrow wasn't half bad either.

I saw Transformers friday, I liked all the other ones but this one failed to impress me. Similar if not more boring plot than the others, horrible punch lines, nice CG, acting was meh, except Stanley Tucci did a great job. The eye candy in this film was weird...this girl is '17' but lets "sexualize" her. Also her acting was spot on with her performance in The Last Airbender (read bad).
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
^Cosigned. I really liked EoT.
I'm going to wait for the Bluray to see Transformers 4.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
schoy
Major
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

+1 for Edge of Tomorrow. Wife and I went to a midnight showing (one of a few times that we're able to go to the movies, i.e. when the grandparents are in town and the kids are sleeping). She had low expectations and expected to sleep through the movie (she has slept through every late-night movie we've ever gone to). This is the first time she stayed absolutely riveted the entire movie. Aside from the first 10 minutes or so (plot set-up, mediocre acting), the action ramps up exponentially, and -- believe it or not -- the acting gets exponentially better as well.

EDIT: SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I'm now wondering if the better acting as the movie progressed has to do with the script, given that the actors have to replay many of the same scenes over and over again. The first time around, they're given simplistic, rigid lines to frame the situation (and make it easy for the audience to remember). As they go through the same scene over and over again, their lines (and hence their acting) become more nuanced. One of those movies I'd definitely watch again.

Last edited by schoy; 06-30-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
they need to give this transformers shit a rest.
theres speculation on another transformers movie about where they initially started in space and its just all robot interaction and no humans. and its going to show the big battle between the two groups.

its a never ending franchise
Appreciate 0