BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My 5-Door M135i...Arrived!

11-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #45
BENGA
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

love it
      11-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #46
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Wow. Congrats mate. What a fine sporty car you have.

I'm seriously thinking of trading in my feb 12 F30 335i for a 5door M135i in EB plus the autobox.

How is the sound in the interior(tyrenoise/traffic etc)? I'm not talking about the engine note off course.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #47
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

@TMP:Could you please post some more pictures of your car?

I ordered the same like yours and I just want to see it 'in the flash' even more.

Many pics of 3door EB M135is around the net , but I'm looking for 5 door EB M135i pictures.

Thanks mate.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Wow. Congrats mate. What a fine sporty car you have.

I'm seriously thinking of trading in my feb 12 F30 335i for a 5door M135i in EB plus the autobox.

How is the sound in the interior(tyrenoise/traffic etc)? I'm not talking about the engine note off course.

Cheers
Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
@TMP:Could you please post some more pictures of your car?

I ordered the same like yours and I just want to see it 'in the flash' even more.

Many pics of 3door EB M135is around the net , but I'm looking for 5 door EB M135i pictures.

Thanks mate.

Cheers
Robin
Sorry mate, i missed this. I think i read yor thread about your F30 335i - its a bit of a wonky one yeah?

The interior sounds is very good for a Hatch back, refined enough - and about the same as my E90 330d. Problem is we do have a 5 Series as well, so does feel noisy compared to that.

Not sure i have any more pics (as its winter ...except for the new one below...
      11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #49
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Winter boots fitted on Friday, and by the looks of the forecast for this week, just in time!

11-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #50
Shrader
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renaultsport

Im on the fence about 3 door / 5 door, do you get enough space to get into the back ( i do have a lad and his seat to go in )

The only thing I'm very keen to know is traction , how the DCT on off really effects the car. I believe that the Ediff system is only active when the DCT is off. Id appreciate any comments to the real world traction of the 135 ive read all the reviews but nothing beats people who have got the car for real.

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #51
Jpannell18
Rep
Drives: 1 seriers f21 sport hatchback

how exact are BMW on estimated delivery times?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #52
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 / E46M3

Re delivery times. I've ordered 2 new BMWs I. The last 2 years and each time the cars arrived c.2 weeks prior to the original delivery estimate. The right way for me!!!

Re traction. Not tested mine out to anything like yet. In fact had it in Eco pro most of the time as had the GF in the car and she's scared of the speed!!! At the moment. However I did go into a bend a little quick on the way home and it gripped amazingly well. No slip.

Does anyone know what this ediff is? Not heard about it. When does it work etc?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #53
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

The e-diff is just a regular open diff, but the car uses the ABS brakes to slow down spinning wheels individually. Since it usually is the inner wheel that wants to break traction, the braking will also take place on the inside. The resulting torque from the rear wheels will be unbalanced in a way that tries to rotate the car into the corner. The side effect is that it reduces understeer under power out of corners. It is quite noticeable on my 116i, and I would assume it is even more so on the M135i, which I haven't driven.

My experience from ice driving is fairly limited so far, but the overall traction seems to be the same in traction mode and DSC off. It is better than a car with open differential, but not quite as good as a car with a real limited slip differential.

In slippery conditions, the car is faster in DSC off mode than traction mode, as the car cuts in rather frequently with various braking to keep the car stable. The throttle response is however better in Sport+ mode, so that might be the fastest choice on dry tarmac. I'll have to test this more scientifically next summer.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #54
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrader View Post
Im on the fence about 3 door / 5 door, do you get enough space to get into the back ( i do have a lad and his seat to go in )

The only thing I'm very keen to know is traction , how the DCT on off really effects the car. I believe that the Ediff system is only active when the DCT is off. Id appreciate any comments to the real world traction of the 135 ive read all the reviews but nothing beats people who have got the car for real.

i would say space in the rear is ok, just a bit smaller than my e90 330d. So perfect for bunging the kids in the back, or mates! i

Traction is out of this world. A lot to do with the super sports no doubt, but you can see in the Chris Harris video how well it powers out of corners / controlled drifts. Chris always goes on about LSD, but he did say he didn't miss it much!
      11-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #55
Shrader
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Renaultsport

its interesting as despite a lot of people going on about no LSD so waste of time everything ive seen ( harris vid) and read suggests that the setup of the 135 is V good indeed. Does the TC hold back on the revs or does it let the car carry on throttle but just brake which ever wheel is slipping? if so then this is good enough for me , Ive read a lot in the us forums about the TC on the 335's and how it cuts power which is rubbish. Sorry for the questions this will be my first BMW move !!!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #56
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
its interesting as despite a lot of people going on about no LSD so waste of time everything ive seen ( harris vid) and read suggests that the setup of the 135 is V good indeed. Does the TC hold back on the revs or does it let the car carry on throttle but just brake which ever wheel is slipping? if so then this is good enough for me , Ive read a lot in the us forums about the TC on the 335's and how it cuts power which is rubbish. Sorry for the questions this will be my first BMW move !!!
I can only talk for the F20 116i, but I assume the M135i works the same way.
It basically depends on which mode you are in.

DSC Off: Free throttle, only brakes spinning wheel, but engine running comfort mapping.

Traction Mode: Cut throttle when the car is sliding, engine running comfort mapping.

Sport+: Cut throttle when the car is sliding, engine running sport mapping.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #57
vdvpj
LifeOfPJ
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F31

Garage List
2015 BMW 318i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 116d  [0.00]
2007 116i  [0.00]
Very nice M135i! I would love to have one myself, maybe in a few years (still in university now).

It sounds better than I expected actually.
      12-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #58
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The thing with a LSD, is it helps in the last 10% of driving. As Harris found, even he didn't miss it that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvandevelde View Post
Very nice M135i! I would love to have one myself, maybe in a few years (still in university now).

It sounds better than I expected actually.
Cheers buddy, i only had a 1.6 Ford at uni!