BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Service Question

03-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #23
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i F20 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by frashed View Post
I'm willing to bet the cost here for the service plan would be well over $1000 AUD.

In regards to warranty; here's what the ACCC has to say:

In short - you won't void the warranty as long as you're using genuine and/or genuine spec parts.

Edit: The Express Warranty part threw me off. Perhaps do a Google search on the differences between Statutory and Express Warranties and see if you can make sense of it
Thanks, thats very helpful!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i F20 M-Sport

I called the service and asked about the costs. She told me the first service is just a diagnostics and costs around $200.
Thats just silly, cause charging $200 to plug in a computer diagnostics is easy, i have one at home.
SHould i just take it to a guy that I know that will charge me like $60 for the same?

Also they would give me a loan service car, is that going to cost me any extras or is it a free service?
Appreciate 0