BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Moving my BMW from Dubai to The US

08-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #23
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
Any reputable customs broker can help you with this in the USA.. shop around.. its TIB (Temporary import under bond).. vehicle must be exported within one year.

You will not pay duties/taxes, just customs clearance fees and of course the surety bond. Keep in mind, since you are new importer don't be surprised if container gets flagged for x-ray exam or intensive exam .. x-ray is only $200 while intensive exam can easily run you $2K.. and these exams are extremely common with new importers, same would apply when you export.

This is why i advised from the beginning not to waste your money, sell the car and move on... anytime you buy a new car and drive off the lot you're immediately loosing money..
unfortunately, selling and buying wasn't a viable option for me given the fact I might be going back in a year or so. so I didn't want to sell, buy here, and end up with the same issue in a year or so.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #24
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Sell it and get new/used one here.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #25
hanafimahmoud
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Sell it and get new/used one here.
He problem with the selling part. I have had the car of sale for 9 months. For the last 4 months, I took the price down around 3000 USD. Still not a single potential buyer.

If you look at the used market over there, car listings haven't changed for the last year. It's dead used market now, specially now as it's summer time, should pick up again around October
Appreciate 0