BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 Performance Upgrade

03-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #23
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F20 118i-E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyly View Post
Hello there,

@yalim7 I was willing to put the same steering with you (just the one with the bigger centre). But than thought it would be too much light while driving normal (not aggressive). Do you think there would be a way we can meet so i can see your car and decide?
Im currently a bit busy and outside the city right now but i can give you quick information about the wheel. It has three modes on it; ECO, SPORT and RACE. In eco mode it shows the average consumption, velocity and water&oil temp. in the screen. You can switch by pressing the left button. There is no shifting light in this mode even if you hit 6500 rpm. There is only a little green light appears when you get over 'economic' rpms. Then it goes off again.

In sport mode, you see water&oil temp. and g-force meters on the screen. And the shifting lights only works after the rpm you set on the settings. You can set it to any rpm you want. Mine for example is set to 6500 so i have no lights during normal driving. I only see them after 5500 rpm. Goes from green to flashing red.

In race mode, you still have the temperatures and in addition, you got 0-100 kmh time and lap times for track driving. Shifting light is the same with sport mode.

Regardless of what i wrote, the wheel works independent from the car. It doesnt turn on when you start the engine. You have to turn the wheel on by pressing two buttons at the same time. So if you dont feel like having a light in front of you, you just keep it off. And if you turn it on and drive, the screen will go off after several minutes and stay off until you press any button.

I think you wont regret if you buy the wheel. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #24
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F20 118i-E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby_Croatia View Post
Nice ride, love it!

btw the steering wheel, is there an option to turn the lights off?
Thank you bro! I think i replied your question too above
      03-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
selçukdal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Maserati GT MC Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyly View Post
Hello there,

@yalim7 I was willing to put the same steering with you (just the one with the bigger centre). But than thought it would be too much light while driving normal (not aggressive). Do you think there would be a way we can meet so i can see your car and decide?

selçukdal can you please enlighten me if how you did the downpipe (the diameter, the amount of cencors on it) and if there are any warning lights and error messages?

And i do hear (and got confirmation from people i know) that Borusan searches thru forums to see who made modifications and they can void your warranty. And no i am not crazy. But you know how bad Turkish BMW dealer/service is.

Regards
Yes there is error light and if only you tune the engine, that light will turn of.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #26
banmine
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalim7 View Post
Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and i have a 118i M Sport. Its currently fitted with K&N air filter, Eibach pro kit, 18" 135i rims and M Performance steering wheel. I'm thinking about getting M Performance brakes and Supersprint full exhaust system. What are your thoughts on those? I also want to gain some more hp. Can you guys recommend any chips or any other tuning programs? These are the photos of my F20 by the way. Thank you guys
i have the 116i with prokit springs and the m performance brakes. they are essentially the same as the m sport brakes abeit a slightly larger rotor and the rotor is dimpled/slotted. i wasnt able to get the m sport brakes from my dealer as it is only an option with the m sport kit, and i didnt get the kit. i opted for the m perf brakes to prevent potential warranty issues with my dealer.

it bites pretty well, but not quite as hard as i would have liked. i was previously using the ap racing 5570 on my previous car.
Appreciate 0