BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Hero: TX Dude Pays Speeding Ticket in Pennies

06-02-2016, 07:46 AM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelObsession View Post
You pussies are mad because you do not have the balls to do this. This lady is part of the system that is milking untold millions, possible billions of dollars from the taxpayers annually. In my town of 45,000 people, one cop alone wrote over 18,000 tickets in 2015. The tickets equaled roughly 3.7 million dollars. This was one officer alone in a town of less than 50,000 people!
Your taxes pay that woman's salary. Doesn't that make you part of the "system" as well? The guy is a fucking asshole taking it out on her.

Also, leaving paper all over the floor should net him a littering fine. Dude is a total prick.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2016, 08:04 AM   #24
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: S65M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Your taxes pay that woman's salary. Doesn't that make you part of the "system" as well? The guy is a fucking asshole taking it out on her.

Also, leaving paper all over the floor should net him a littering fine. Dude is a total prick.
I bet you are part of "The System"
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:11 AM   #25
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I bet you would not have the wear-with-all to do it, much less, even be able to paint the buckets. Now, post another pussy comment.
Hey, don't turn it around on me. You made the comment... Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise you're a pussy, too.
      06-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #26
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
So it is ok to break the law if you are in a rural area? This may be a news flash to you, they have something called radar, it works in urban and rural areas'. SMH

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smh
Working with law enforcement, I know how limited their resources are. They simply don't have the ability to patrol everywhere all the time and catch everybody breaking the law. So they put their assets where the risk and hazards are the highest, where the public is likely endangered. I know people spend hundreds, if not more, on radar detectors, and when I was young, I didn't get how this all worked, but now I do and I haven't gotten a ticket in probably 15 years. It's not about radar detectors, it's about common sense.

Last edited by RM7; 06-02-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #27
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Why don't you freaking follow the rules in densely populated areas?

They are not milking anyone. People are really so stupid that they'll speed in urban/residential areas. I see them do it all the time.

I've driven plenty fast and I have fun, but I see stupid people all the time, speeding in places where they are going to get caught. Police don't just target people for fun, they do it in places where there are accidents, where the hazards are higher, where people are endangering others. Douchebags that roll through stopsigns in residential areas. Ones that speed through neighborhoods where kids are playing, etc. The idiot weaving through traffic 30mph faster than everyone else on the way to work, etc. I have no sympathy for these idiots.
So far, all the tickets Ive gotten in the last 5 years have been on empty highways/rural roads late at night. Most cops arent sitting in areas where hazards are higher, they are sitting in places that are easy to catch speeders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Your numbers are hard to believe so I did the math. Turns out this prolific cop must write a speeding ticket every 6.4 minutes. I doubt that's possible.

You may have a bad cop writing bogus tickets, but certainly not one every 6.4 minutes every working hour of every working day.
Youd be amazed how quickly cops can write tickets. I was doing a road project and we had a cop that would sit in our area every day, M-F for 8-10hrs a day. He would pull over tons of people, with his all time record of 104 in one day. Hed pull someone over, write the ticket quick, turn around and pull someone else over, and on and on.
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2016, 09:39 AM   #28
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
So far, all the tickets Ive gotten in the last 5 years have been on empty highways/rural roads late at night. Most cops arent sitting in areas where hazards are higher, they are sitting in places that are easy to catch speeders.

Youd be amazed how quickly cops can write tickets. I was doing a road project and we had a cop that would sit in our area every day, M-F for 8-10hrs a day. He would pull over tons of people, with his all time record of 104 in one day. Hed pull someone over, write the ticket quick, turn around and pull someone else over, and on and on.
This is exactly correct, and do not forget fines are doubled in "work zones".
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #29
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Hey, don't turn it around on me. You made the comment... Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise you're a pussy, too.
Pussy comment complete!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #30
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

What a dick.

Also, they can refuse to accept the pennies as payment.

Make the dick pick them up himself.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp

Quote:
Up until the late 19th century, pennies and nickels weren't legal tender at all. The Coinage Acts of 1873 and 1879 made them legal tender for debts up to 25 cents only, while the other fractional coins (dimes, quarters, and half dollars) were legal tender for amounts up to $10. This remained the law until the Coinage Act of 1965 specified that all U.S. coins are legal tender in any amount. However, even in cases where legal tender has been agreed to as a form of payment, private businesses are still free to specify which forms of legal tender they will accept. If a shop doesn't want to take any currency larger than $20 bills, or they don't want to take pennies at all, or they want to be paid in nothing but dimes, they're entitled to do so (but, as mentioned earlier, they should specify their payment policies before entering into transactions with buyers). Businesses are free to accept or reject pennies as they see fit; no law specifies that pennies cease to be considered legal tender when proffered in quantities over a particular amount.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #31
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
What a dick.

Make the dick pick them up himself.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennies.asp
That applies to Private Businesses. I could be wrong, but usually Government doesnt fall under the Private Sector.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #32
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
I bet you are part of "The System"
Stop deflecting. We're all a part of it. Doesn't change the fact that this woman did nothing to this guy and he acted like an asshole.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #33
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Most cops arent sitting in areas where hazards are higher, they are sitting in places that are easy to catch speeders.
Fully agree, it's pretty random and doesn't seem to have much with enforcing the law in high risk areas at all (which I would be all for, for the record). For the most part this is revenue generating activity for the municipalities. Number of times I've seen the traps on the two lane city roads with speed limit of 60km/hr, where police would be at the bottom of the hill just "collecting". And let's not forget the other issue, speed limits on North American highways are just ridiculous low and very old. Modern cars are more than capable going safely above 65 mph. so most people speed at some point anyway.

Quote:
What a dick.
Agree, not cool, he got caught, needs to man up pay properly, and move on.

Not sure about businesses, but in Canada, banks won't touch larger quantity of coins, even $1 and $2 ones, unless they are packaged/wrapped.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #34
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
That applies to Private Businesses. I could be wrong, but usually Government doesnt fall under the Private Sector.
The US really needs a law like we have in Canada.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...52/page-1.html

Quote:
Limitation

(2) A payment in coins referred to in subsection (1) is a legal tender for no more than the following amounts for the following denominations of coins:

(a) forty dollars if the denomination is two dollars or greater but does not exceed ten dollars;

(b) twenty-five dollars if the denomination is one dollar;

(c) ten dollars if the denomination is ten cents or greater but less than one dollar;

(d) five dollars if the denomination is five cents; and

(e) twenty-five cents if the denomination is one cent.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #35
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Stop deflecting. We're all a part of it. Doesn't change the fact that this woman did nothing to this guy and he acted like an asshole.
My apologies that some of this has been needlessly shocking for you all ...

Last edited by GrussGott; 06-02-2016 at 10:24 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #36
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The US really needs a law like we have in Canada.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...52/page-1.html
Laws will make it all better! LOL!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #37
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
You pussies are mad because you do not have the balls to do this. This lady is part of the system that is milking untold millions, possible billions of dollars from the taxpayers annually. In my town of 45,000 people, one cop alone wrote over 18,000 tickets in 2015. The tickets equaled roughly 3.7 million dollars. This was one officer alone in a town of less than 50,000 people!
95% of tickets written are just done for extra tax revenue. Nothing more.
Appreciate 4
      06-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #38
larrysing
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport, Nav/Blinds

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Do we know what he is protesting? Was it a speed trap? Does he reject the idea that the state can control his speed? Is he mad at the town?

And the big question: why does he have/how did he get so many pennies?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #39
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysing View Post
And the big question: why does he have/how did he get so many pennies?
You can order them from your bank.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #40
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

The whole time I was watching this, I was thinking of Damian Lillard's "Dropping Dimes" commercial lmao.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #41
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
It seems we have a mathematical wizard on M3Post. You do not understand how some things work. Not only did he write that amount of tickets, he sucked up a mountain of overtime hours doing it. You see they not only plunder the every day Joe going about their business, but they also find another way of stealing the tax dollar (state and federal) through overtime. You do understand that the federal government gives money (tax dollars) to the states to keep your ass in line, don't you?

What is this officer's name? If he's working double time all year he still has to write a ticket every 12 minutes. That is an impressive feat. Tell us the town please so we can stay away.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #42
RoundelObsession
Banned
United_States
Rep

For all you Girly men.

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:01 AM   #43
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

He gets caught speeding and decides to pay in pennies with some woman who had nothing to do with him breaking the law and he's a hero?

He's not a hero, but rather a dipshit asshole.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2016, 11:03 AM   #44
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
No, I'm just man enough to accept personal responsibility when I get caught doing something wrong.

Something a lot of people on here seem too childish to do. Not surprising seeing how entitled people are.
Appreciate 0