BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

12-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #243
yuguli
Rep
Drives: 125i

not a real deal. she first said it would be 56k driveaway then asked my budget when I said it was over my budget. I said I was planning to spend 50-52k. then she said she could ask the manager but that I shouldn't be very optimistic. then I said I would buy the car if they add sunroof as well to the 52k thinking that it was reduced quite easily so I can get a little bit more. then she went up to the manager and came back with a negative answer.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #244
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

They will try to talk you into the high price by suggesting that if you added one or more of those other options you suggest it can be done.
The real price of an option is about 40% of the price they will quote you.

I am surprised that you did not opt for the M Sport package.

You should consider buying the 125i M Sport with all the options in Perth
You can extend the warranty to six years with BMW during the third year of warranty
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #245
yuguli
Rep

a few features are very important to me: reversing camera, good music system, keyless entry and unfortunately i cannot pick them individually, that's why the packages. M sport package is nice but not crucial to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #246
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuguli View Post
a few features are very important to me: reversing camera, good music system, keyless entry and unfortunately i cannot pick them individually, that's why the packages. M sport package is nice but not crucial to me.

If you don't mind white, I would seriously consider the WA 125i M Sport by Kook
It is fully optioned with M performance (to buy it new, it would be somewhere north of the 68K even after discounts) and only has 2,400km on it
Have a look at Kooks, then work out what you want and what it has for the same money and you won't have to wait 4 months.
Only 'you' will know it is not brand new
I am sure that you could negotiate

Last edited by AusF20/F48; 12-17-2013 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #247
yuguli
Rep

I live in Melbourne and am not considering a used car at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #248
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Thanks for the plug, greatly appreciated It now has 2,465km's on it

2005 Le Mans Blue E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #249
TheS9
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i & HSV R8

Hi all, new member here.

Just finalised my M135i order yesterday (had an A45 AMG on order, but decided to cancel it - but more on that later).

In the end the order came out like this:-
- BMW M135i to be built February 2014
- Alpine White
- Coral Red Dakota Leather with Black Highlights
- Adaptive M Running Gear
- Advanced Parking Pack
- Premium Sound Pack
- Comfort Pack
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Interior Trim Kit
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Steering Wheel
- Brakes to be painted Gloss Red by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- Wheels to be painted Matt Black by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- 5 Year Extended Warranty
- 5 Year or 80,000 km Free Scheduled Servicing

Most likely will go for a tune (Evolve Technik) and exhaust system once the engine has some decent km's on it.

Originally had an A45 AMG on order (2 orders infact, but had very poor treatment from the first dealer), but after a huge blow out on delivery timeframe (from 6 months to 13 months), extremely poor dealer communication, poor dealership experience, and not meeting my requirement of a financial year end delivery - I pulled the plug and looked for another alternative, being the M135i.

I have extensively test-driven both the A45 and M135i, and honestly both cars are bloody brilliant. But at the end of the day I wanted the vehicle prior to financial year end (business registered), and will do a good 25,000 kms a year. The BMW is a much better car to drive daily and to live with. Also the treatment from MB Australia and their dealerships have been at best piss poor - but maybe I should have expected this with a car with so much interest. Also a fair few issues are starting to crop up for A/CLA45 owners, being all new model etc; so I rather the BMW since it is in mid-life (?) of the model (or at least been around a little while).

If people are really interested I can write up an extensive list of pro's and con's of both the A45 and M135i when comparing the two.

Either way the M135i will be delivered at the beginning of April 2014.

All up paying $80k drive away for my M135i. I had the A45 AMG ordered for $80,700 not including broker's commission with just the black wheels option.

Last edited by TheS9; 01-16-2014 at 12:48 AM.. Reason: Added price.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #250
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
It is fully optioned with M performance (to buy it new, it would be somewhere north of the 68K even after discounts) and only has 2,400km on it
Forgot to post, the car sold a couple of weeks back...

2005 Le Mans Blue E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #251
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheS9 View Post
Hi all, new member here.

Just finalised my M135i order yesterday (had an A45 AMG on order, but decided to cancel it - but more on that later).

In the end the order came out like this:-
- BMW M135i to be built February 2014
- Alpine White
- Coral Red Dakota Leather with Black Highlights
- Adaptive M Running Gear
- Advanced Parking Pack
- Premium Sound Pack
- Comfort Pack
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Interior Trim Kit
- M Performance Carbon Fibre/Alacantra Steering Wheel
- Brakes to be painted Gloss Red by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- Wheels to be painted Matt Black by BMW Body Shop (lifetime guarantee)
- 5 Year Extended Warranty
- 5 Year or 80,000 km Free Scheduled Servicing

Most likely will go for a tune (Evolve Technik) and exhaust system once the engine has some decent km's on it.

Originally had an A45 AMG on order (2 orders infact, but had very poor treatment from the first dealer), but after a huge blow out on delivery timeframe (from 6 months to 13 months), extremely poor dealer communication, poor dealership experience, and not meeting my requirement of a financial year end delivery - I pulled the plug and looked for another alternative, being the M135i.

I have extensively test-driven both the A45 and M135i, and honestly both cars are bloody brilliant. But at the end of the day I wanted the vehicle prior to financial year end (business registered), and will do a good 25,000 kms a year. The BMW is a much better car to drive daily and to live with. Also the treatment from MB Australia and their dealerships have been at best piss poor - but maybe I should have expected this with a car with so much interest. Also a fair few issues are starting to crop up for A/CLA45 owners, being all new model etc; so I rather the BMW since it is in mid-life (?) of the model (or at least been around a little while).

If people are really interested I can write up an extensive list of pro's and con's of both the A45 and M135i when comparing the two.

Either way the M135i will be delivered at the beginning of April 2014.
Congrats on the new car and welcome! Nice spec you have there.

I for one would be interested in your comparisons between the A45 and M135i. I too test drove both before ordering my M135i. Were you on that massive whirlpool forums A45 thread? I read that from time to time for a bit of fun, they're a passionate bunch :P
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:10 PM   #252
TheS9
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Indeed was on the massive whirlpool thread. Many disgruntled people with A45 orders (well certainly I was one). It worries me how many issues are starting to appear with the A/CLA45, but I guess they may have tried to rush it to the market? Or just how it is with a radical new model/engine/gearbox.

Anyways these are the pros and cons of the M135i & A45 AMG from my personal experiences of test driving both extensively. I drove the A45 AMG for around 80 minutes which included some mountain action mixed with traffic and highway driving. I drove the M135i for two 45 minute sessions, which consisted of back road/industrial park action mixed with traffic driving.

Pros of M135i:
- 8 speed ZF gearbox is amazing, and shifting with paddles for both up and down are instant. A45 7 speed DCT is reluctant on downshift until it believes it is optimal.
- The engine has so much torque from 1400 rpm, far superior to A45. Revs harder too, and sounds better in my opinion. A45 needs 2,400 + RPM before it starts to come to life, but such is to be expected of a 4 cylinder turbo.
- The ride is extremely comfortable to me, and adaptive suspension is brilliant. I have driven mostly cars with coilovers in the past, so I don't mind a firm (but compliant ride), but this is just so nice and pleasing to experience.
- Bigger boot than A45.
- Very good front seats (despite looking conservative), good support, and excellent driving position.
- Very decent steering and feedback despite being electronic. Handles very well in Sports mode. I was not allowed to enter Sports + mode.
- Been around for a while, so I'd imagine any material issues have been sorted out already by BMW.
- Proper fast acceleration from stand still without the need of launch control.
- Refreshing to have a RWD hatchback, with a good balance of driving experience/feedback and liveability (ie: not having a mechanical diff).

Cons of M135i:
- Ordinary exterior looks, especially the front. But I wouldn't say it is ugly like others. But being understated in looks will keep unwanted attention away.
- Interior feels cheap and old, despite being well built. Especially when compared to the A45.
- Has less rear leg room than A45. The middle console protrudes a lot further past back of front seats than A45. But I never was intending to have 3 in the rear (just my 13 month old son, and soon a new born).
- No way near as fast point to point.
- Does not feel as special as an AMG; not a true M car.
- To option it up close to the A45 it is EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE.
- A45 still has more features and standard items than the BMW, even when BMW optioned up.

Pros of A45:
- An AMG model with all the ingredients at a great price.
- Very forgiving car to drive close/at its limits.
- Exterior is lovely compared to BMW. But I'd imagine it will cause a lot of (unwanted) attention.
- Interior is very well appointed, oozes quality (bar that stupid screen in the middle), steering wheel and paddle shifters are very high quality.
- Front seats are exceptional and so comfortable for bucket Recaro. Driving position is excellent too.
- Bullshit quick point to point.
- Much better rear passenger space than BMW.
- I'd imagine great resale due to insane demand.
- Very well optioned as standard.
- Sounds great on high RPM upshifts and lift-offs, but the BMW engine sound is still better I believe.

Cons of A45:
- Absolutely gutless under 2,500 RPM.
- Since a brand new model, no real world testing etc to iron out problems. People already have concerns about the 7 Speed DCT, road noise, door seals, seat plastics falling out, safety features playing up etc.
- Not as daily driving friendly as BMW in terms of engine performance at low revs, and ride comfort. Ride is very firm, but still quite compliant on crap roads.
- Stupid screen affixed to middle of dash, looks nasty.
- Stupid gearbox will not accept downshifts on command, only when it believes it is optimal.

This is just a quick list from my test drives of both cars. It is not exhaustive, and is subjective to my lifestyle and driving style. I am sure the above would vary if I had them to drive around for a few weeks.

End of day the BMW is simply a better commuter and daily driver, yet can provide a bloody fast and exhilarating driving experience (despite not being as full fledged hardcore as the A45). It will be business registered, and I will easily do 25,000kms of commuting a year. If I could have the perfect scenario, I would have the M135i as my commuter, and the A45 as my weekend car. But that's life.

I ensured with my M135i order to spice up the interior with some M performance parts as I want it to feel a little special every time I get in to drive (as wanky as that sounds).

BMW dealership was a pleasant experience, while the MB dealers I dealt were pretty hopeless honestly.

But enough of my yabbering!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #253
lac.le
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

what parts did you get?

looking for a price list but can't find it.

Quote:
Indeed was on the massive whirlpool thread. Many disgruntled people with A45 orders (well certainly I was one). It worries me how many issues are starting to appear with the A/CLA45, but I guess they may have tried to rush it to the market? Or just how it is with a radical new model/engine/gearbox.

Anyways these are the pros and cons of the M135i & A45 AMG from my personal experiences of test driving both extensively. I drove the A45 AMG for around 80 minutes which included some mountain action mixed with traffic and highway driving. I drove the M135i for two 45 minute sessions, which consisted of back road/industrial park action mixed with traffic driving.

Pros of M135i:
- 8 speed ZF gearbox is amazing, and shifting with paddles for both up and down are instant. A45 7 speed DCT is reluctant on downshift until it believes it is optimal.
- The engine has so much torque from 1400 rpm, far superior to A45. Revs harder too, and sounds better in my opinion. A45 needs 2,400 + RPM before it starts to come to life, but such is to be expected of a 4 cylinder turbo.
- The ride is extremely comfortable to me, and adaptive suspension is brilliant. I have driven mostly cars with coilovers in the past, so I don't mind a firm (but compliant ride), but this is just so nice and pleasing to experience.
- Bigger boot than A45.
- Very good front seats (despite looking conservative), good support, and excellent driving position.
- Very decent steering and feedback despite being electronic. Handles very well in Sports mode. I was not allowed to enter Sports + mode.
- Been around for a while, so I'd imagine any material issues have been sorted out already by BMW.
- Proper fast acceleration from stand still without the need of launch control.
- Refreshing to have a RWD hatchback, with a good balance of driving experience/feedback and liveability (ie: not having a mechanical diff).

Cons of M135i:
- Ordinary exterior looks, especially the front. But I wouldn't say it is ugly like others. But being understated in looks will keep unwanted attention away.
- Interior feels cheap and old, despite being well built. Especially when compared to the A45.
- Has less rear leg room than A45. The middle console protrudes a lot further past back of front seats than A45. But I never was intending to have 3 in the rear (just my 13 month old son, and soon a new born).
- No way near as fast point to point.
- Does not feel as special as an AMG; not a true M car.
- To option it up close to the A45 it is EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE.
- A45 still has more features and standard items than the BMW, even when BMW optioned up.

Pros of A45:
- An AMG model with all the ingredients at a great price.
- Very forgiving car to drive close/at its limits.
- Exterior is lovely compared to BMW. But I'd imagine it will cause a lot of (unwanted) attention.
- Interior is very well appointed, oozes quality (bar that stupid screen in the middle), steering wheel and paddle shifters are very high quality.
- Front seats are exceptional and so comfortable for bucket Recaro. Driving position is excellent too.
- Bullshit quick point to point.
- Much better rear passenger space than BMW.
- I'd imagine great resale due to insane demand.
- Very well optioned as standard.
- Sounds great on high RPM upshifts and lift-offs, but the BMW engine sound is still better I believe.

Cons of A45:
- Absolutely gutless under 2,500 RPM.
- Since a brand new model, no real world testing etc to iron out problems. People already have concerns about the 7 Speed DCT, road noise, door seals, seat plastics falling out, safety features playing up etc.
- Not as daily driving friendly as BMW in terms of engine performance at low revs, and ride comfort. Ride is very firm, but still quite compliant on crap roads.
- Stupid screen affixed to middle of dash, looks nasty.
- Stupid gearbox will not accept downshifts on command, only when it believes it is optimal.

This is just a quick list from my test drives of both cars. It is not exhaustive, and is subjective to my lifestyle and driving style. I am sure the above would vary if I had them to drive around for a few weeks.

End of day the BMW is simply a better commuter and daily driver, yet can provide a bloody fast and exhilarating driving experience (despite not being as full fledged hardcore as the A45). It will be business registered, and I will easily do 25,000kms of commuting a year. If I could have the perfect scenario, I would have the M135i as my commuter, and the A45 as my weekend car. But that's life.

I ensured with my M135i order to spice up the interior with some M performance parts as I want it to feel a little special every time I get in to drive (as wanky as that sounds).

BMW dealership was a pleasant experience, while the MB dealers I dealt were pretty hopeless honestly.

But enough of my yabbering!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #254
TheS9
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

M Performance Wheel

http://accessories.bmw.com/internet_...&absoluteNav=1

M Performance Interior Trim

BMW Dealer will give you the prices on the items. Can always attain them from online international sellers for a fair bit cheaper. But you will need to fit them yourself, or get BMW to do so.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #255
lac.le
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Steering wheel looks cool. Do you find its a worthy upgrade from stock?

Edit: just realised you haven't got it yet.

Quote:
M Performance Wheel

M Performance Interior Trim

BMW Dealer will give you the prices on the items. Can always attain them from online international sellers for a fair bit cheaper. But you will need to fit them yourself, or get BMW to do so.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 06:24 AM   #256
samboy37
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 lci m3 mw/black/black/mpe

Great post re changing from an a45. I did exactly the same for many of the same reasons though had not test driven it. Thought the seats were just going to be too uncomfortable as a daily commute.
Up to nearly 2000 Ks with eb m135i and love it. Always take the long way home. Would like a bit more noise at normal commuting revs though. Anyone done an exhaust upgrade. Costs??, thoughts etc?? Warranty implications???
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #257
TheS9
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Personally I would look at the Milltek Cat-Back System for a bit of extra noise, and would be nice when topped off with a tune!

Here is a link to this system in Australia. Can also get in ceramic black exhaust tips.

http://www.evolve-technik.com/collec...aust-f20-m135i

And a comprehensive youtube test video of this system. (Ignore title, the uploader states it is a cat-back system only in the comments)

And link to our local tune as well. (235kw to 282kw, 450nm to 576nm!!)

http://www.evolve-technik.com/collec...-box-f20-m135i

I don't think a cat-back exhaust system will have any warranty implications (other then BMW not covering any faults with the new exhaust system); especially if retaining the OEM downpipe and cat. But the tune most likely would.

But once I take delivery of the M135i and add some decent km's, I might add the cat-back exhaust system and tune... I had these plates for the A45, but will now go on the M135i... It will want the extra power boost!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #258
lac.le
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

I've been watching a bit of car care videos and Ammo NYC gets some good reviews. Only problem is, they're in New York. You guys interested in getting anything from there? Split the postage.

http://www.ammonyc.com/product-category/formulas/
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 07:04 AM   #259
samboy37
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 lci m3 mw/black/black/mpe

If you have a full circle finance deal and put a miltek exhaust on would you have to replace it with a factory one when your period expires
Has anyone fitted one and are they happy with it

Has had anyone had the warranty discussion as anyone I have dealt with through bmw have been very cagey
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #260
genez
Registered
Rep

Hey guys, anyone purchased one lately? Are the dealers still offering the same level of discount as mentioned earlier in this thread or can a better price be had for the car now?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #261
Kiwi
Captain
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M Sports Convertible

In New Zealand BMW offered 116i M Sport's including 9k worth of extras on top and 3k below basic 116i price to existing BMW owners as well 5 years warranty.

I'm collecting mine next Wednesday.
      08-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #262
genez
Registered
Rep

Should probably clarify that I'm looking at getting an m135i specifically.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #263
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by genez View Post
Should probably clarify that I'm looking at getting an m135i specifically.
I'd have thought that with the M235i, A45, new Golf R all appearing on the market recently, you'd have even more room to move on price with an M135i especially for one in stock.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0