BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OMG road rage karma

02-03-2022, 03:35 PM   #45
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Don't say things like this then. What that truck did was the cause of the accident and he could have involved innocent people by trying to be a vigilante controlling someone else's speed. If he doesn't do any of that, the Accord passes and everyone goes about their day.
Say what again? I don't need to repeat myself...and you're wrong about the truck causing the accident, Accord did it all by himself. The truck PO'd him for sure, but Accord could've controlled himself but didn't since he was raging already. How about taking responsibility for the Accord (or yourself in past events perhaps?) and realizing that the Accord may have *caused* the truck to rage and react that way? The event speaks for itself: the Accord crashed all by himself and almost took out the right-lane vehicle. Ridiculous to make a BIG leap and say otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
IIRC, the law states that regardless of your speed, if you are in the passing lane and another vehicle wants to pass, you must speed up or slow down and let them pass. Intentionally blocking someone if the first place would be illegal, and then speeding up to block them from passing would further the issue.

IMO the truck is to blame as much as the car. But if you're the type of person that uses your car to force people to slow down, or to be where you want them to be on the highway, then I guess you wouldn't see it that way.

I feel like if this was done to you, you might have a different opinion.

Sedan_Clan : any insight?
Eh, wrong assumption. Here's me: I don't drive like the Accord at all. Ever. If I was the truck, I'd speed up and move right asap to get out of the way. I don't want some bum crashing into my car...but I wouldn't be the truck because I'd be in the right-lane anyway unless the Accord caught me doing my passing at the wrong moment.

Anyway...if ppl don't even bother to STAY RIGHT and drive properly, they DON'T have a leg to stand on here, period. Doubtful many ppl practise PROPER lane etiquette given the majority of responses here, so no wonder some ppl feel ragers flying in the PASSing lane is totally justified smh. Can't believe some ppl are so unreasonable these days to try to argue over stupid pts when it should be b/w. Educate yourself pls.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 03:40 PM   #46
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The commentary is killer lmao
what a video lol

dat wat u get!

Hong konger is one of the accents well within my wheelhouse. I also do a good indian and englishman.
Appreciate 1
minn1914061.50
      02-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure why some ppl are placing the blame on the truck, guess they rage up if they see someone blocking the PASSing lane too?
IIRC, the law states that regardless of your speed, if you are in the passing lane and another vehicle wants to pass, you must speed up or slow down and let them pass. Intentionally blocking someone if the first place would be illegal, and then speeding up to block them from passing would further the issue.

IMO the truck is to blame as much as the car. But if you're the type of person that uses your car to force people to slow down, or to be where you want them to be on the highway, then I guess you wouldn't see it that way.

I feel like if this was done to you, you might have a different opinion.

Sedan_Clan : any insight?
ANYBODY blaming the truck for that accident is being purposely obtuse and likely does not understand traffic laws/right of way. The Accord driver is at fault 100%. Not only was the driver following too closely/tailgating, the driver also made a flagrant unsafe lane change, was traveling too fast for the conditions AND illegally passed on the right shoulder. All of those reckless driving conditions caused that traffic collision, not the vehicle speed of the truck in the +1 lane.
Appreciate 3
minn1914061.50
chowser512032.50
      02-03-2022, 03:44 PM   #48
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
ANYBODY blaming the truck for that accident is being purposely obtuse. The Accord driver is at fault 100%. Not only was the driver following too closely/tailgating, the driver also made a flagrant unsafe lane change, was traveling too fast for the conditions AND illegally passed on the right shoulder.
THANK YOU!!!

All the rest of you thinking truck is solely to blame, bunch of IDIOTS...and get a life and also head back to driving school. Damn frustrating talking to RTs. JFC.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 03:46 PM   #49
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
ANYBODY blaming the truck for that accident is being purposely obtuse and likely does not understand traffic laws/right of way. The Accord driver is at fault 100%. Not only was the driver following too closely/tailgating, the driver also made a flagrant unsafe lane change, was traveling too fast for the conditions AND illegally passed on the right shoulder. All of those reckless driving conditions caused that traffic collision, not the vehicle speed of the truck in the +1 lane.
I am so surprised that you say this, I mean, honestly.

I agree that the Accord driver is mostly to blame, but I don't see the truck driver as without fault.

If the truck driver had gotten out of the way the accident wouldn't have happened.
If the truck driver would not have sped up when the Accord driver did then the accident would not have happened.

These two facts are proof that they are somewhat to blame IMO.

I'm obviously not a lawyer, but what the guy in the truck did was not right.
Appreciate 6
Sedan_Clan25156.00
Esteban44062.00
shiftdnb376.50
minn1914061.50
Dino GT35134.50
antgenn319.00
      02-03-2022, 03:47 PM   #50
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
what a video lol

dat wat u get!

Hong konger is one of the accents well within my wheelhouse. I also do a good indian and englishman.
Funny accent for sure. The little "you suck!!!" at the end from his passenger sounded Italian LOL.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 03:48 PM   #51
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
You know, for a Canadian you sure do understand us Americans.
I like you guys! Most of you anyways. One of our Canadian military guys found the video and so of course it got posted in our signal group chat and the bunch of us were laughing. I'm not military, but have close contacts there / people I consider friends.

I think its something about your inherent love of freedom that I like so much, might have something to do with how your country was formed, dunno, just spitballing here.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11466.50
      02-03-2022, 03:49 PM   #52
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I agree that the Accord driver is mostly to blame, but I don't see the truck driver as without fault.

If the truck driver had gotten out of the way the accident wouldn't have happened.
If the truck driver would not have sped up when the Accord driver did then the accident would not have happened.

I've worked the road a long time. The truck IS NOT at fault despite how you feel. The truck driver was not obligated to move. The Accord driver crashed because of their reckless driving behavior. There is no such thing as "mostly" at fault. You're either at fault or you're not.

Let's look at it another way. The truck seemingly brake checked the Accord because the driver of the Accord was riding his bumper, which is already a vehicle code violation. The Accord driver committed a number of violations he didn't need to commit, most obvious being the flagrant, abrupt and unsafe lane change, speeding and the unsafe passing on the right, which is the action that caused the traffic collision. The truck had nothing to do with that.
Appreciate 3
///MPhatic13917.50
minn1914061.50
      02-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #53
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
I've worked the road a long time. The truck IS NOT at fault despite how you feel. The truck driver was not obligated to move. The Accord driver crashed because of their reckless driving behavior. There is no such thing as "mostly" at fault. You're either at fault or you're not.
I believe you 100%, it's your job to know these things. I guess I have been told incorrectly in the past that if you're in the left lane and someone wants to pass that you must move. This is good to know, thanks for that!

I do feel like if this went to court the lawyers would find some fault with the truck driver for his obviously reckless blocking of the other driver.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25156.00
Dino GT35134.50
      02-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #54
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:

If you're not a lawyer, then don't mistake your opinion for fact. These are not facts. Are you saying because the truck brake checked/sped up & blocked, anyone in the Accord's situation would automatically and *immediately* crash? I put a Betty White-type there and BOOM she'll crash too? Cmon, don't be ridiculous. The Accord had many choices, he decided to choose the worst ones.

I'm sure Sedan was being dramatic w the "100%" but mostly to blame as I've always asserted is w the Accord. Ofc truck has some blame too for handling it in an aggravating manner, but Accord was the author of his own demise here.

EDIT: Sedan wasn't being dramatic, Accord *is* 100% to blame. Good to know.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25156.00
      02-03-2022, 03:57 PM   #55
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
If you're not a lawyer, then don't mistake your opinion for fact.
Hey man, I'm just calling it like I see it, no need to get all up in my face about it. You see it your way, I see it mine (but we both see it slipping away?).
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2022, 03:58 PM   #56
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I believe you 100%, it's your job to know these things. I guess I have been told incorrectly in the past that if you're in the left lane and someone wants to pass that you must move. This is good to know, thanks for that!

I do feel like if this went to court the lawyers would find some fault with the truck driver for his obviously reckless blocking of the other driver.

See my edit above.

Quote:

Quote:

If you're not a lawyer, then don't mistake your opinion for fact. These are not facts. Are you saying because the truck brake checked/sped up & blocked, anyone in the Accord's situation would automatically and *immediately* crash? I put a Betty White-type there and BOOM she'll crash too? Cmon, don't be ridiculous. The Accord had many choices, he decided to choose the worst ones.

I'm sure Sedan was being dramatic w the "100%" but mostly to blame as I've always asserted is w the Accord. Ofc truck has some blame too for handling it in an aggravating manner, but Accord was the author of his own demise here.
I wasn't being dramatic at all. It was 100% the actions of the Accord driver that caused the traffic collision. If I were responding to that scene it is the driver of the Accord I would've placed at fault and cited. His ego got him into that situation.
Appreciate 2
///MPhatic13917.50
      02-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #57
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey man, I'm just calling it like I see it, no need to get all up in my face about it. You see it your way, I see it mine (but we both see it slipping away?).
LOL, tx man for the de-escalate; love that song haha. For sure you wouldn't act like the truck dude.

Just friendly reminder to be careful w facts vs opinions lest somebody anal comes after you lol. Peace.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13917.50
      02-03-2022, 04:03 PM   #58
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Bullshit! Both should be charged with wreckless driving. Anyone that says the truck was in the right here shouldn't be on the road. Anyone saying the Accord was in the right here shouldn't be on the road. Two wrongs could have involved a lot of people here and simply saying the truck wasn't at fault is moronic.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25156.00
M5Rick60589.50
Dino GT35134.50
      02-03-2022, 04:04 PM   #59
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
LOL, tx man for the de-escalate; love that song haha. For sure you wouldn't act like the truck dude.

Just friendly reminder to be careful w facts vs opinions lest somebody anal comes after you lol. Peace.
"Restraint is the better part of valor." -Shakespeare
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #60
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:

The reverse is also true. Had the Accord just stayed behind the truck none of this would of happened.

The truck guy (or gal?) isn’t blameless but didn’t cause the accident IMO. The actions of the Accord driver clearly did. Which is why he ended up on his roof I believe.
Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13917.50
      02-03-2022, 04:10 PM   #61
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

obvs the accord is 100 at fault for the cause of the auto accident.

but the truck can be cited for failure to keep right, a rarely enforced traffic citation
Appreciate 2
minn1914061.50
Dino GT35134.50
      02-03-2022, 04:13 PM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Bullshit! Both should be charged with wreckless driving. Anyone that says the truck was in the right here shouldn't be on the road. Anyone saying the Accord was in the right here shouldn't be on the road. Two wrongs could have involved a lot of people here and simply saying the truck wasn't at fault is moronic.
I think the keyword here is LEGALLY. I don’t doubt the honda was 100% at fault LEGALLY, but the truck driver was 100% just as much of a douche as the honda. Luckily for the truck drive being a douche is not illegal in and of itself.

I mean I’m going to go out on a limb and say those fucks who call me every fucking day to let me know about my vehicle warranty expiring are not doing anything illegal otherwise they would have been stopped years ago. Just because they are doing things 100% legally does not make it "right".
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25156.00
Dino GT35134.50
antgenn319.00
      02-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #63
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Sedan_Clan
I'm curious, can you get the truck for anything? Leaving the scene...but technically he didn't crash his vehicle. Brake-checking, other dangerous moves? Left-lane hogging?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25156.00
      02-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #64
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
You make a very loud case.

There is a distinction between "legal" and "best approach". The brake check is possibly illegal, but I'm sure the driver would say he saw something in front of him...and therefore it isn't illegal.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25156.00
      02-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #65
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

From google, I know, dangerous, but...

"Most states do not have laws specifically banning brake checking. Instead, they prohibit all acts of reckless driving. ... The brake checker could receive a traffic citation or even criminal charges depending on the severity and circumstances of the incident."

"In all 50 states, it is illegal to drive in the left-hand lane with certain exceptions. Generally, those exceptions are when a driver is passing or overtaking a vehicle or making a turn. Some states additionally require that a driver must go to the right-hand lane if they are moving slower than the flow of traffic."
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:34 PM   #66
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You make a very loud case.

There is a distinction between "legal" and "best approach". The brake check is possibly illegal, but I'm sure the driver would say he saw something in front of him...and therefore it isn't illegal.
Video proof shows there was nothing in front of him to brake check multiple times. He proceeds to speed up when getting passed and he leaves the scene of the accident. Also from reading he wasn't even supposed to be on that highway with the truck.

We all see the Accord in the wrong here, anyone making excuses for this truck should seriously get off the road you are more of a danger to others than someone speeding.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60589.50