BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > VIDEO GUIDE - Installing and Hardwiring a Dashcam - NO BATTERY WARNINGS OR CUTOFF

04-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #1
Boosted Autos
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

VIDEO GUIDE - Installing and Hardwiring a Dashcam - NO BATTERY WARNINGS OR CUTOFF

Installing a dashcam can seem rather daunting, but it's actually a relatively straight forward DIY project if you take your time.

Modern cars, especially European cars have features which monitor battery load when the car is off and can either cut power, or throw error messages when a dashcam is hard wired in parking mode, in this video I'll show you how to work around this.

You'll also learn how to conceal all the wiring neatly so nothing is visible inside the cabin.

The car in the video is a BMW M240i, but the process is the same for all current BMWs.

Appreciate 0