BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > need help from England F20 Owner_retrofit 6WA

12-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
zev
Rep
Drives: 118i

need help from England F20 Owner_retrofit 6WA

Hi, I am from Shanghai, China. I have a 118i, with no expanded cluster.

I retrofitted NBT, and I am try to retrofit the expanded cluster (6WA). I brought a used expanded cluster from England, about the same manufactured date as my vehicle. I erased the odometer and the Vin in the kombi, the Kombi now works fine expect it can not display Chinese character. and once I connected the kombi, the NBT became English, and I have 'Chinese' to select but English UI remains. once I disconnected the cluster, the NBT become to Chinse UI. So it is the cluster force the NBT to display English since the cluster dose not support Chinese.

So can I ask those who have a F20 with 6WA, can your cluster display Chinese properly?
If yes, pls tell me your I-Step of your vehicle (or the production date), I will try to upgrade the cluster SW. if no, I think I have to buy a new cluster from a local dealer then...

the used F10 cluster works fine in a Chinese vehicle. I think either the F20 cluster is not full language supported or the cluster Firmware is too old...

thanks!
Attached Images

Last edited by zev; 12-29-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
JordW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 125d

I am performing the NBT retrofit at some point in time - thought it would be good having the extended instrument cluster - was it easy to get it to work?
Appreciate 0