BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

07-29-2016, 10:30 AM   #529
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehb18
Just spoke to my port connect.. Parts are 2 days out from the port everyone hang tight
Nice work! This info is probably the catalyst for an update. The diffs arrive safely and unharmed then update is given!

Big money no whammies! Big money no whammies!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 11:11 AM   #530
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
hang in there brotha - I feel like official communication is coming soon! It will be all forgotten once you mash the right pedal
Thanks man....I'm hoping so, really like the M4. Guys at Fall Line Motorsports are going to put a bunch of goodies on it when I get it.. Can't wait.
Appreciate 1
drexplode1779.00
      07-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #531
Mikehb18
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 335i

I'm waiting for my azurite black f80 m3 with full Mpe and many other features. I currently work for Bmw and I'm sorry guys but please try to forgive your CA's because there really is no answers and Bmw gives us very little. Coming from a CA/Bmw genius. I am in the same boat ordered my car February 29th and it's still not here so you can understand my frustration.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #532
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Well congrats, I think...

lol, thx.

im betting that car gets here before the blue one is fixed... so hopefully that happens..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:03 PM   #533
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll start at the bottom and work my way as needed. I have a SLEW of issues and not just with this Differential debacle.
I don't know what your issues were exactly, but if I can offer a bit of advice I would suggest you to think about two things. What issues are you really concerned about, and what is your ideal outcome?

It's a common misconception, but if you want any kind of meaningful resolution it's best to pick one or two big ticket items and fight for those, as opposed to listing every single minor issue and annoyance you may have had along the way. If you wouldn't bring attention to an issue on its own, it's a good sign that it probably doesn't matter. Firing off a long list of complaints will just make you appear disgruntled and unappeasable.

Imagine you were in a position to assist someone and you received the following two emails.

Email one...shortened for the sake of readability.
We arrived at the Welt, and even though we were on time the delivery process was delayed by 20min. Not a big deal, as my wife and I didn't have time to have our morning coffee yet so we decided to relax in the lounge for a bit. Unfortunately for us the coffee in the lounge was cold, and the attendant didn't have any idea on when more might be available...<snip>...even after all this, it was even more of a disappointment to learn that I would not be able to drive my new M4 away due to a differential issue, which disrupted many of the plans I had for our trip.
Email two...
We arrived on the Welt, and it was a great disappointment to learn that I would not be able to drive my new M4 away due to a differential issue, which disrupted many of the plans I had for our trip.
Comparing the two. Was the delay annoying? Would you have liked to enjoy a hot cup of coffee, sure. But what you really care about is the fact the car wasn't available, but instead of just saying that you've asked the recipient to expend a fair amount of energy listening and responding to things that don't really matter.

Just my .02.
My issue was that another customer who was on the affected list took delivery of his M4 right in front of me. They complained to BMW and either BMW fixed there car over the weekend (delivery was this past Tuesday) or they let him take the car anyway. Either way that's complete BULLSHIT! I wasn't gonna get the forum riled up with this situation but I'm getting pissed the more I think about it. So there you go. Would you complain/bitch/write an angry email? Ask for compensation??? Something?? I think the answer is YES
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #534
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
My issue was that another customer who was on the affected list took delivery of his M4 right in front of me. They complained to BMW and either BMW fixed there car over the weekend (delivery was this past Tuesday) or they let him take the car anyway. Either way that's complete BULLSHIT! I wasn't gonna get the forum riled up with this situation but I'm getting pissed the more I think about it. So there you go. Would you complain/bitch/write an angry email? Ask for compensation??? Something?? I think the answer is YES
You have every right to be pissed, and if I was in your shoes I'd feel the same way. I wasn't advising against writing an email to voice your displeasure with the situation...I was simply suggesting you pick your battles and not necessarily lay out a 'SLEW' of issues that would otherwise distract the recipient from focusing on your core issue.

My car. Not available for delivery. ED trip ruined? Very upset.
      07-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #535
Mikehb18
Rep

Just was updated of the problem. There was on some cars a vibrating noise due to the differentials not being securely fastened during the manufacturing process some cars suffered more damage then others and will require More parts. Many of the Vpc employees will need specific classes to be able to complete the finally repair process.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #536
M3CLESS
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW/SO M3

i hate speculation... instead of worrying everytime someone posts an update, ill just wait for a bmw bulletin... pointless
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 05:07 PM   #537
5against8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80. 3 pedals.

My CA had nothing today except to confirm (to the best of his knowledge) that cars will be held at the VPC and repairs will be completed there.

Good news for me, the sales manager has agreed to guarantee their original trade-in offer on my current car regardless of how many additional miles I drive, and to effectively warranty the car against any maintenance/repairs that result from the delay in delivery (my X3 is now completely out of warranty/maintenance). Doesn't help my car get here any faster but the peace of mind is nice.

Really feeling for those of you whose ED was/will be affected by this though. Sending good vibes
      07-29-2016, 05:23 PM   #538
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

My car has been at the VPC and then the Performance Center now for 35 days. No updates on my car today. The wait continues..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 07:02 PM   #539
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Called Genius today. Things are moving, my estimated delivery date to my dealership is now August 6. My car is at Baltimore VPC waiting for new differential. It arrived there July 18.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #540
psylovibe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Mine was scheduled for delivery pick up at my dealer on 7/21 and my CA just told me that my car is scheduled for dealer delivery on 8/18 from vpc...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #541
Mikehb18
Rep

Will all be getting are cars mid to end of September just because it says delivery on dealer speed doesn't mean it's true just an estimate
Appreciate 1
JDubz69.00
      07-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #542
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehb18
Will all be getting are cars mid to end of September just because it says delivery on dealer speed doesn't mean it's true just an estimate
Third time my delivery date has been changed but third time the charm right!
      07-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #543
sjpons
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 F80 M3 (ED)

Re-delivery estimations

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylovibe View Post
Mine was scheduled for delivery pick up at my dealer on 7/21 and my CA just told me that my car is scheduled for dealer delivery on 8/18 from vpc...
Does that mean they have a solution in place and they're fixing these on a set timeline?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 02:55 AM   #544
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper
Quote:
You have every right to be pissed, and if I was in your shoes I'd feel the same way. I wasn't advising against writing an email to voice your displeasure with the situation...I was simply suggesting you pick your battles and not necessarily lay out a 'SLEW' of issues that would otherwise distract the recipient from focusing on your core issue.

My car. Not available for delivery. ED trip ruined? Very upset.
I think I'm gonna vote with my wallet on our next car purchases. We love ED and this wasn't how I expected our Dual pickup to go. We are loving our trip as it not just about the cars. Maybe Audi S/RS or Mercedes AMG ED in 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 05:33 AM   #545
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Made the mistake of test driving a CTS V yesterday. Has me on the fence.

Damn that thing is fast, smooth, great drive and ride. Much more room than the M3 - and much faster. Have to make an agonizing decision now.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #546
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Anyone has had the work done until now?? My dealer said ti would max need 15 days
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #547
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz View Post

Damn that thing is fast, smooth, great drive and ride. Much more room than the M3 - and much faster. Have to make an agonizing decision now.

the devil is at work here..

i already jumped ship. but still with bmw lol
Appreciate 1
JDubz69.00
      07-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #548
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

I am in the uk and mine is still at the factory and has been built (5500) for 3 weeks, they are now saying delivery on the 15th of August but this is changing weekly.. It should have been July 30th
      07-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #549
psylovibe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpons View Post
Does that mean they have a solution in place and they're fixing these on a set timeline?
I believe so. Originally a genius told me that my car was to be fixed at the dealer but it has now changed that vpc will only release the car until it is fixed there which is a huge relief for me.

time will tell...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #550
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz View Post

And ugly as hell..
Appreciate 0