BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Non Rfts on an order?

05-13-2015, 05:59 AM   #1
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 (GO8) M Sport Pro incoming

Non Rfts on an order?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before, searched the forum but didn't see an answer!

Is it possible to request non run flats when ordering a new car (an M sport)? Is it likely to be at my expense if they will do it? Has anyone done this?!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

I'm sure they will replace them at the dealers at your cost, but from the factory I think only the M135i has them fitted with the option to change to runflats, but both are factory fitted
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #3
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ah ok! Will put the question to the dealer before signing and see what he says anyway!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 06:42 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo23 View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before, searched the forum but didn't see an answer!

Is it possible to request non run flats when ordering a new car (an M sport)? Is it likely to be at my expense if they will do it? Has anyone done this?!

Thanks
I chose to let my dealer keep the runflat wheels, and let them source aftermarket wheels with tyres of my choice at the same value.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I chose to let my dealer keep the runflat wheels, and let them source aftermarket wheels with tyres of my choice at the same value.
How did you approach the dealer to get them to do that? How did you word it to them?!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 06:53 AM   #6
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
How did you approach the dealer to get them to do that? How did you word it to them?!
I just told that I don't want runflats. I don't like the wider rear wheels that come with the M Sport package either. My dealer owns some companies that sell wheels, so I found some tyres and wheels I liked from them, and suggested to the dealer that we could make a swap. They were okay with that, since the original BMW wheels are more worth. They are however hard to sell, since very few people around here like runflats.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #7
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam
Quote:
I just told that I don't want runflats. I don't like the wider rear wheels that come with the M Sport package either. My dealer owns some companies that sell wheels, so I found some tyres and wheels I liked from them, and suggested to the dealer that we could make a swap. They were okay with that, since the original BMW wheels are more worth. They are however hard to sell, since very few people around here like runflats.
Ah I see!! I don't want run flats either, but I'm worried even if I can get them to agree to changing the tyres it will be at my cost!

My dealership has a set of M135i that they may swap, but do I want to put 463s on an non M car :
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

I doubt that is possible for your Dealer to arrange that, but you might be able to pay a % to swap over the tyres. (They always make a profit on everything).
You can fit NRF on RF rims just not the other way round, so you could just buy and fit new NRF and keep the RF tyres until you decide to sell or trade your car next time.
I am just about to replace my RF with NRF Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 125i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #9
ammo23
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20
I doubt that is possible for your Dealer to arrange that, but you might be able to pay a % to swap over the tyres. (They always make a profit on everything).
You can fit NRF on RF rims just not the other way round, so you could just buy and fit new NRF and keep the RF tyres until you decide to sell or trade your car next time.
I am just about to replace my RF with NRF Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 125i M Sport
I've just texted my sales guy to ask him exactly that! see if something of that nature could be arranged for me!
Appreciate 0