BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iDrive and CD not working

11-17-2016, 03:43 AM   #1
ojt
Noob.
Italy
Rep
Drives: F20 114i (06/2014)

iDrive and CD not working

Hi,

I hope this isn't a duplicate issue, I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

So basically my 2014 F20 iDrive just stopped working, and also CD is not working. It doesn't eject the CD, nor play it nor anything, and iDrive screen is stuck with the initial "BMW" black/orange image.

I checked the fuses as best I could (weren't able to open up the front fuse box lid under the hood.. any pointers on that?) but couldn't find any blown ones, yet.

Considering my driving - daily but very short distances - I thought it might be the battery depleting and the car is disabling less important functionalities at first. Could be far fetched but can anyone confirm whether that could be the issue or not.

Other than CD and iDrive, and radio turning itself off from time to time, there are no issues and no warning lights on the dash.

Anyone had this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #2
Ben_M135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M135i

I would try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to reset everything in the system... Not an expert, but that is what I would try. If you drive short trips and the battery is low the car will disable the stop/start first. If this has been happening 100% of each stop then it indicates the battery is low.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 08:40 AM   #3
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Here you are: I Drive Startup Problem.

Regarding low battery, stop/start should stop interfering quite prematurely (at the battery charge level detected about 75% I recall, unless it's Brake Energy Regeneration threshold in fact , it can be found on the Internet: mind the official naming of "Auto Start Stop") and there's quite a list of other reasons for that (my "favourite" is the engine isn't at operating temperature - "drive moderately"). AFAIK (reportedly), if the battery level is detected dangerously low a verbal warning should pop up besides cutting things off to save the power.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #4
ojt
Noob.
Italy
Rep
Drives: F20 114i (06/2014)

Oh boy, didn't need that right now..

Thanks for helping out.
Appreciate 0