BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Cadillac CTS-V Priced from $84k USD

04-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #45
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Nothing to really write home about:
sometimes i wish Cadillac would just cut the BS and install one of these in the center dash!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Going to digress from the interior discussion on the CTS as I'm not trying to convince anyone. Honestly pretty disappointed with the F30 interior as well for whatever that's worth. The complaints come from someone that is ~80% there to buying one of their cars, but until the cockpit is a nice place to be, it will never happen. It's a small first world crisis and a total dealbreaker for me. I hope you understand my disappointment better.

How did the E30 cruise control stalk work? I love the stalk on my E82, but some complain that it gets in the way. I understand that.
I'm glad to here that the Caddy is at least under consideration for driving dynamics.

The E30 stalk was on the right side of the column below the washer stalk, so you never confused it with the blinker stalk. Push forward = set speed or increase speed setting. Pull back = set slower speed. Push down = turn off. Push up = resume set speed.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #47
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I'm glad to here that the Caddy is at least under consideration for driving dynamics.

The E30 stalk was on the right side of the column below the washer stalk, so you never confused it with the blinker stalk. Push forward = set speed or increase speed setting. Pull back = set slower speed. Push down = turn off. Push up = resume set speed.
Ah, so basically the same thing, but on the better side of the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
sometimes i wish Cadillac would just cut the BS and install one of these in the center dash!!!
      04-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #48
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
And then there's the buttons. There's 18 buttons on the steering wheel alone. EIGHTEEN.

Then we look at the doors. There's a button for unlock, and then another one for lock.
The window lock button is 4 times bigger than it needs to be.

I can't even figure out what the 4 buttons are on the door by the mirrors. They certainly aren't for mirror control, that's on the door arm rest above the window buttons.

Shall we look at the console display? How big does the volume button need to be? Then all the individual function buttons for the rest of it. Shouldn't that all be housed in the touch screen interface?

The parking brake is backlit in blue, rather than the white like the rest of it. Also placed oddly, lower left of the steering wheel, rather than over with the drivetrain controls and gear selector on the console.

Then there's the light/indicator and wiper sticks that look like they were transplanted straight from a 1993 Ford Taurus.

You will definitely not like the new bling 7 Series then, with touch and gesture screen.

I prefer gloss black than cheap plastic. At least then solid plastic like Lexus.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #49
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
What a sad "enthusiast" forum this has become. Arguing about how pretty your interiors are :/

This car is about actually driving. It's far lighter than any of the Germans.

2016 CTS-V: 4,145 lbs.
2015 M5: 4,354 lbs. (4,387 auto)
2015 M6 Sedan: 4,430 lbs.
2015 E63 AMG: 4,387 lbs.
2015 E63 AMG S : 4,431 lbs.
2015 RS7: 4,475 lbs.

Has way more power than any of them, and now far cheaper than any of them.

With a legit top-notch chassis to back up those numbers.

While I like the ATS-V, the new CTS-V is much more impressive compared to its competition.

Is the 2016 CTS-V: 4,145 lbs, confirmed the official base weight?

The CTS-V sport base is coming in at 3966 (Car and Driver),3971 (Motor trend). If it is, that's pretty good at 4,145.

The pricing is legit with discounts I bet you can get one in the 70s. I need to find someone that works for GM to see the Friends/Family Discount Plan
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #50
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Is the 2016 CTS-V: 4,145 lbs, confirmed the official base weight?

The CTS-V sport base is coming in at 3966 (Car and Driver),3971 (Motor trend). If it is, that's pretty good at 4,145.

The pricing is legit with discounts I bet you can get one in the 70s. I need to find someone that works for GM to see the Friends/Family Discount Plan
Yes, that's the official weight.

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/e...222-cts-v.html
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:11 PM   #51
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
You will definitely not like the new bling 7 Series then, with touch and gesture screen.

I prefer gloss black than cheap plastic. At least then solid plastic like Lexus.
Well you get both with Cadillac. Cheap Gloss Plastic
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:15 PM   #52
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
Yeah that pretty good.. Just a matter of how well the CTS-v will be able to put it down...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #53
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

LOL........I drive BMW and my shit don't stink elitist attitude is laughable. Are you guys badge worshipers or automotive enthusiasts. I have owned multiple BMW's from 7 series down to 3 series and let me tell you BMW interiors are nothing to write home about either. They are ok and fine but nothing special.

The caddy interior looks improved and is not as bad as some people here are pretending. Stop being such dash strokers and just plan domestic car brand haters.....for no good reasons....only for the sake of it.... cause it has been inherited and runs in the family. My daddy hated it my grand daddy hated it and so I hate it too.......oh and a domestic car once ran over my grand mommy's cat.....so it makes it total crap of a car cause it runs over cats :roll eyes:.

Seriously come on :roll eyes:
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 04-30-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #54
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
LOL........I drive BMW and my shit don't stink elitist attitude is laughable. Are you guys badge worshipers or automotive enthusiasts. I have owned multiple BMW's from 7 series down to 3 series and let me tell you BMW interiors are nothing to write home about either. They are ok and fine but nothing special.

The caddy interior looks improved and is not as bad as some people here are pretending. Stop being such dash strokers and just plan domestic car brand haters.....for no good reasons....only for the sake of it.... cause it has been inherited and runs in the family. My daddy hated it my grand daddy hated it and so I hate it too.......oh and a domestic car once ran over my grand mommy's cat.....so it makes it total crap of a car cause it runs over cats :roll eyes:.

Seriously come on :roll eyes:
Good point

How many of you have driven the new CTS-V..it's currently being launched..

I'm going to keep an open mind..
      05-01-2015, 01:17 AM   #55
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
Good point

How many of you have driven the new CTS-V..it's currently being launched..

I'm going to keep an open mind..
I drove the last gen a few times.. Great car from a dynamic standpoint.. But I couldn't deal with the interior.

I agree, I think the new CTS-V and ATS-V are great cars. Do I think they are better than the current crop, too early to tell.

But GM is winning the on paper HP war. Because we all know Z Germans like to underrate motors.

An I did look at getting a CTS-V Sport or C7 Z51.. So, I ain't elitist Kayani_1

lol

Last edited by DocWeatherington; 05-02-2015 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2015, 05:33 AM   #56
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah, so basically the same thing, but on the better side of the steering wheel.

Well it has less functions than the newer stalk controls so to me it is more intuitive to use. For instance the E90 stalk requires it to be push in (towards the column) to resume speed, which makes no sense. And the off function is doubled up, meaning you can push the stalk up or down to turn off the cruise. The F30 does away with the stalk altogether, ugh.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 05:38 AM   #57
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I drove the last gen a few times.. Great car from a dynamic standpoint.. But I couldn't deal with the interior.

I agree, I think the new CTS-V and ATS-V are great cars. Do I think they are better than the current crop, too early to tell.

But GM is winning the on paper HP war. Because we all know Z Germans like to underrate motors.

An I did look at getting a CTS-V Sport or C7 Z51.. So, I ain't elitist Kayani_1 lol
In 2006 I couldn't deal with the engine not having a dipstick, but I had to over look it to consider buying my car. It's not like the Cady's interiors lack function. All interiors are different, it doesn't mean the car is worthless of consideration. If the interior hindered driving the car fast and not getting enjoyment out of the drive, then maybe that's an issue. But having spent considerable time and excellent road running behind the wheel of an ATS, I can attest the interior does not take away from the driving experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 06:21 AM   #58
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Well it has less functions than the newer stalk controls so to me it is more intuitive to use. For instance the E90 stalk requires it to be push in (towards the column) to resume speed, which makes no sense. And the off function is doubled up, meaning you can push the stalk up or down to turn off the cruise. The F30 does away with the stalk altogether, ugh.
Weird. My stalk is pull towards to set or decrease speed. Push away to set or increase speed, button or up to resume, and down to cancel.

I assume there are coding options for it as well, so that may be the difference. I never explored it in full on the software side.

05-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #59
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Maybe I'm missing something but... where Cadillac are using plastic, what are BMW using? Milled aluminum? Sterling silver? Solid gold?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #60
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but... where Cadillac are using plastic, what are BMW using? Milled aluminum? Sterling silver? Solid gold?
You do understand that there are different densities, thicknesses, and finishes to any material, right? Then there's what we call "plastic." There are numerous chemicals that fall under that term, all of them have differing physical properties.
      05-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #61
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
You do understand that there are different densities, thicknesses, and finishes to any material, right? Then there's what we call "plastic." There are numerous chemicals that fall under that term, all of them have differing physical properties.
Ahhh... I see now. It's not about the use of plastic, rather it's the plastic QUALITY. You guys who are able to properly judge said quality through your computer monitors are a talented bunch.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #62
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep

Quote:
Ahhh... I see now. It's not about the use of plastic, rather it's the plastic QUALITY. You guys who are able to properly judge said quality through your computer monitors are a talented bunch.
No one said it was only about materials quality. Stop cherry picking your arguments.
      05-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #63
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:

An I did look at getting a CTS-V Sport or C7 Z51.. So, I ain't elitist Kayani_1 lol

Agreed the interior is horrible IMO. To me the interior is very important because I don't drive on the outside of a car. Its plain and simple these cars have to excite you. If you just wanted raw performance we would buy older race prepped cars. A sports car these days isn't like before we want our and eat it two. Luckily these days we can.

I don't think we are the only ones that feel this way. I tend to believe the ATS-V sales wont come close to the M3/M4 or C63 AMG. Heck I bet Lexus sells more RCF's.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #64
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Agreed the interior is horrible IMO. To me the interior is very important because I don't drive on the outside of a car. Its plain and simple these cars have to excite you. If you just wanted raw performance we would buy older race prepped cars. A sports car these days isn't like before we want our and eat it two. Luckily these days we can.

I don't think we are the only ones that feel this way. I tend to believe the ATS-V sales wont come close to the M3/M4 or C63 AMG. Heck I bet Lexus sells more RCF's.
Be great to see how it drives though..if it puts a smile on my face I'll even buy one.
      05-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #65
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I took three plastics manufacturing courses in college, and manuafactured plastic parts early in my career, so I know a bit about plastics. I've been in both modern BMWs and Cadillacs (ATS and CTS), there's really no decernable difference in the quality of materials used. It's a matter of styling preference. As someone said earlier, when a American car matches or beats a BMW in performance, it turns to the "quality" of the interior.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #66
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I took three plastics manufacturing courses in college, and manuafactured plastic parts early in my career, so I know a bit about plastics. I've been in both modern BMWs and Cadillacs (ATS and CTS), there's really no decernable difference in the quality of materials used. It's a matter of styling preference. As someone said earlier, when a American car matches or beats a BMW in performance, it turns to the "quality" of the interior.
That and just the overall layout and what you prefer is 100% subjective.

I like the relative minimalist layout of BMW interiors, always have. Others hate it since they think it looks dull or plain. A lot of people have been hating on Caddie interiors though, not just on here but in general and the CUE system is pretty much universally hated (much like iDrive was in it's early days).
Appreciate 0