BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Andy Priaulx 2015 BMW efforts in IMSA, BTCC, ELMS

01-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Andy Priaulx 2015 BMW efforts in IMSA, BTCC, ELMS

In addition to his time with Turner Motorsport this year as seen here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1075752

He will also be driving for WSR BMW in this 125i M-Sport in the BTCC, the British Touring Car Championship. As you're already aware he is a former WTCC champion so this marks a great return for him. You know he was also in the DTM so touring cars are not foreign to him. He also drove last season for BMW Team RLL. I guess this means a lot more of the pond-hopping to fit in all the events. He's also going to be driving for BMW team Marc VDS in the ELMS so yeah, lots of traveling

"I have the most amazing 2015 racing season ahead of me. I can't wait to return to the BTCC with my long term partner IHG." said Priaulx.

Official Press release from BMW Motorsport:

Andy Priaulx returns to BTCC in 2015.Andy Priaulx has a busy year ahead of him with a season in the British Touring Car Championship in a BMW with reigning champions West Surrey Racing now confirmed as his third programme for 2015.

The BMW works driver has not raced in the series since 2002 and can’t wait to get back competing on some of his favourite UK circuits again in a car backed by his long time sponsor under the IHG Rewards Club loyalty brand.

For Priaulx 2015 will be an action packed season with this prestigious programme added to his duties as a BMW works driver in the European Le Mans Series with BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, and four endurance races in North America in the United SportsCar Championship with Turner Motorsport, which is also backed by IHG.

His comment was: "I have the most amazing 2015 racing season ahead of me. I can’t wait to return to the BTCC with my long term partner IHG. In the BTCC the BMW 125i M Sport has already proved to be the car to beat in this ultra competitive series and, after 13 years racing with the brand, I am really confident about what to expect in that championship. Dick Bennetts' West Surrey Racing team has an incredible string of successes to its name, including the 2014 BTCC title, and I can’t wait to work with all the guys there. I also want to say a big thank you to BMW Motorsport for providing me with such a varied programme this year. Not many drivers get such chances and it makes me proud to do all these series in such amazing cars.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 03-23-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Andy Priaulx MBE said: “I am very excited about 2015. To have the opportunity to race again in the UK with my long-term partners IHG, alongside race and test programmes in America and Europe, is going to be a lot of fun. The BTCC is one of the strongest touring car championships in Europe and unfinished business for me. I am looking forward to joining West Surrey Racing in their Championship winning BMW 125i M Sport and working with Dick Bennetts, whose engineering success speaks for itself.”

Adrian White, Director Brand Partnerships IHG, said: “IHG are the Official Hotel Partner of the BTCC and have supported both Andy Priaulx and BMW UK since 2007. The opportunity to work more closely with all three together to promote the IHG® Rewards Club loyalty programme was too good to miss. We anticipate another competitive race series with Andy in 2015 but look forward to seeing him, and WSR, back on the top step of the podium very soon.”

Dick Bennetts, WSR Team Principal, said: “What can one say… to have Andy Priaulx and IHG join WSR for the BTCC in 2015 is a real privilege. I have known Andy for many years, so to have him – a three time World Touring Car Champion – in one of our BMW 125i’s is fantastic news, not only for WSR but the BTCC as well. We are also looking forward to working with IHG and help them promote the IHG® Rewards Club loyalty programme, with Andy’s car. Having already signed Sam Tordoff, with a third driver hopefully announced in the next week or so, everyone at WSR is really looking forward to another exciting season in the BTCC.”

Peter Walker, General Manager – Partnerships & Sports Marketing – BMW UK, said: “I am delighted triple World Touring Car Champion Andy Priaulx will be competing again in the BTCC in a BMW with the 2014 Championship winning team West Surrey Racing, sponsored by one of our key partners, InterContinental Hotels Group.”

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Marc VDS to Take on 2015 ELMS With BMW Z4 GTE and Andy Priaulx

MW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will compete in the European Le Mans Series in 2015, with a BMW Z4 GTE. One driver has been confirmed for the program: BMW Motorsport’s triple world-champion, Guernseyman Andy Priaulx.

The Belgian team will be the first to race the BMW Z4 GTE in Europe, showing their strong and continuing relationship with BMW Motorsport. The two parties will work closely together to ensure the best possible results. The pedigree is good, as Marc VDS took on the final round of the 2014 ELMS season and won the GTC class, while the GTE version of BMW’s Z4 has shown race-winning pace in America.

The ELMS features five four hour, multi class races – two of these classes are for GT cars. Marc VDS will be stepping into GTE, for the fastest GT racing cars. The team must field at least one silver and one bronze driver alongside platinum rated Priaulx – no drivers have yet been confirmed, while the team search for the perfect fit.

Priaulx is one of the most successful British racing drivers in history. He has won the World Touring Car Championship three times, and the European championship before that. He has raced in DTM as well as several GT racing series as a BMW Motorsport works driver. His success was recognised by the British monarchy in 2008, when he was awarded the prestigious Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE).

Bas Leinders, Team Principal
“This is one of the most exciting programs we’ve ever taken on as a team. Racing the GTE is a new challenge, and one we’re all thrilled about. Technically, the car might look similar to the GT3, but it’s a wholly different beast. To get Andy Priaulx on board is also fantastic – I know him from my early racing days in the UK, so I know he’s a great racer. He spent last year driving this car so he knows it well, and that will be very important. We know that the ELMS is a strong championship, with an excellent level of competition – it’s not going to be an easy year!”

Marc van der Straten, Team Owner
“I’m really pleased to take a new step with BMW Motorsport. We’ve worked strongly with them in the last few years and it was only natural we moved our relationship forwards. It’s an exciting time for me and for the Marc VDS family, and to have BMW’s top GT car racing under our name is a real honour. I look forward to seeing what this team can achieve with this program.”

Andy Priaulx, Driver
"This is a nice program, it’s going to be an enjoyable team. I’m really looking forward to doing these five races with Marc VDS, and hopefully we could have a championship to our name – that would be lovely. I’ve really enjoyed the racing in GT – there’s no easy stint. I really like the long distance races – they’re great, and all the ELMS races are four hours so that’s a nice length to share with other drivers, you can get into a nice rhythm. Let’s not forget that there are some brilliant tracks – which I know really well – on next year’s calendar. I’m really looking forward to it.”

2015 European Le Mans Series Calendar:

23/24 March
Official Test - Circuit Paul Ricard, France

10/11 April
4 Hours of Silverstone, Great Britain

16/17 May
4 Hours of Imola, Italy

11/12 July
4 Hours of Red Bull Ring, Austria

5/6 September
4 Hours of Paul Ricard, France

17/18 October
4 Hours of Estoril, Portugal
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Testing today and tomorrow for this guy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Testing today and tomorrow for this guy
Where? Glad you asked:
Thruxton Motorsport Center. If you're in the area here's the schedule

Wednesday 18 February
Session 1 13:00-13:25 - Ginetta Junior
Session 2 13:30-14:25 - Closed Wheel
Session 3 14:30-14:55 - Open Wheel
Session 4 15:00-15:25 - Ginetta Junior
Session 5 15:30-16:25 - Closed Wheel
Session 6 16:30-16:55 - Open Wheel

Thursday 19 February
Session 1 09:00-09:55 - Closed Wheel
Session 2 10:00-10:55 - Open Wheel
Session 3 11:00-11:55 - Closed Wheel
Session 4 12:00-12:55 - Open Wheel
Session 5 13:00-13:55 - Closed Wheel
Session 6 14:00-14:55 - Open Wheel
Session 7 15:00-15:55 - Closed Wheel
Session 8 16:00-16:55 - Open Wheel

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Test day 2
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Test day 2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Awesome pics, thanks for posting 954. Andy sure did a nice job with the E90 in WTCC, gotta say that was a much better looking race car than this 1er.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

and another 1'er testing, driven by Sam Tordoff who's in his first year with West Surrey Racing (WSR)

Last edited by 954Stealth; 02-20-2015 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Marc VDS car
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Awesome pics, thanks for posting 954. Andy sure did a nice job with the E90 in WTCC, gotta say that was a much better looking race car than this 1er.
No prob! Yeah this isn't the best designed BMW by far but I think WSR will do quite well with it
Appreciate 0