BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Why do you feel lucky to live in Merica?

06-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #89
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
The Canadair CRJ is the most used regional jet in the US/Europe, they're built in Canada by Bombardier.

The same way flying on a Boeing doesnt make you an American, flying on a Canadair CRJ (Canadair Regional Jet) doesn't make you a Canadian.

God, I HATE those things! "Regional" my ass, airlines use them for EVERYTHING! Let me tell you something US Air (American now), United, etc., Pennsylvania is not in the same REGION as South Texas!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #90
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

To bring us back on topic, why do I feel lucky to live in 'Merica?

I can drive my jacked up pickup with straight pipes down the road, mud tires roaring, to the closest gas station and pick up a 24 pack of cold beer, then drive back to the Reservoir, park my truck, get out my rod & reel, crack a cold one, and enjoy all the freedoms this country has to offer. (disclaimer: I live in the deep south and see this all the time)

Sure we may be 17 trillion dollars in debt, we may have a crappy healthcare system, but when it comes down to it, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Then I can go get what's called ice (Have people in Britain ever heard of this concept of frozen water to make your drink cold??) to cool down my 64oz big gulp with unlimited free refills. Seriously. Free refills. Emphasis on FREE.

Want to go skiing? We got that. Want to go to the beach? We got that too. Want to live in a 90+ degree climate? We got that. Want to live in the frozen tundra? Got that too.
      06-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #91
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmsport View Post
I can drive my jacked up pickup with straight pipes down the road
Sadly you can't do that everywhere in the US. That's a great way to fail emissions testing in northern VA. Funny enough though, you can have them anywhere outside the northern VA area since they don't require bi-annual emissions testing.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #92
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Sadly you can't do that everywhere in the US. That's a great way to fail emissions testing in northern VA. Funny enough though, you can have them anywhere outside the northern VA area since they don't require bi-annual emissions testing.
We'll have NONE of that Shiite in Cali!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 05:48 AM   #93
lincvert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmsport View Post
I can drive my jacked up pickup with straight pipes down the road
Pre emissions diesel pickups are exempt from emissions testing even in northern Virginia... Ask me how I know ... 4" turbo back straight pipe on my 97 dodge.

It is a little too loud so I'm adding back a muffler to eliminate 2k rpm drone.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #94
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincvert View Post
Pre emissions diesel pickups are exempt from emissions testing even in northern Virginia... Ask me how I know ... 4" turbo back straight pipe on my 97 dodge.

It is a little too loud so I'm adding back a muffler to eliminate 2k rpm drone.
This is 'Merica son, no such thing as too loud.

Here in MS we don't have to undergo emissions tests or get inspection stickers any more. Time to get 0% window tint and cut my catalytic converters out.