BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Your worst experience with friends, acquaintances, or family members

06-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #67
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Am I bothered by it? Yes I am, though where you two very close in your youth? The way I look at life is why bother trying to change someone to care/love you or your loved ones when they don't even try/love in return? Its been maybe 15 months since I've last heard of her and I just continue on with my days as before. My son doesn't even ask about her so he isn't the one missing out. Are you close to your father at least?
no. I always was closer to father.. but its like the veil of acting comes off and her true feelings show with age
most painful thing I can think of..
just happened recently

i don't know how to deal with it.. just keep a level head, things maybe sort themselves out with time
nothing is perfect
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 04:09 PM   #68
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Yeah I can see that. More like a psychological issue than anything. But still, holy walls of text Batman!
I typed this same fucking thing earlier, but I deleted it and didn't post it because no matter what, he types a fucking novel for EVERYTHING.

Not that it's bad, I'm just not going to sit here and read that shit. I feel bad for the guy, but holy little lamb. No wonder he's had so many problems, he needs a real person to talk to.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #69
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Asian parents from what i've heard are the best from the parenting standpoint, today's kids are too sensitive. Lol

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #70
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Do your posts have to be so long so often Nef? Sometimes I want to read them but don't because of those walls of text (especially on a phone).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I typed this same fucking thing earlier, but I deleted it and didn't post it because no matter what, he types a fucking novel for EVERYTHING.

Not that it's bad, I'm just not going to sit here and read that shit. I feel bad for the guy, but holy little lamb. No wonder he's had so many problems, he needs a real person to talk to.
For one, I did make sure to include a TLDR summary at the top and specifically mentioned that it's hard to condense for this post. Second, that's just how I am, and despite a real effort to change it, I'm not that great at determining what is so wildly superfluous as to leave out, and what is so critical that if I leave it out, it changes the tone of the whole post... Like If I just straight out summarized it "I had the hots for a girl and she started to as well herself, but my mom tried to come between us and I called the cops on my own mother," I'd sound like an asshole.

Besides, I'm the type that reads Wikipedia articles out of pure boredom, so reading longer posts doesn't bother me... If this was a conversation, it'd be eked out in less than 5 minutes. But if I have went overboard, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Seems like she gets her kicks for making u feel bad.
Grandparents are part of the web..
U mentioned various diagnosies, but I didn't hear narcissist
Well, it kinda ties into histrionic, but now that you said it, lots of narcissistic attributes do fit her to a T... I was just remembering what my dad told me about her 5 years ago, and since he passed on and the doctor's note is in storage, I was going off memory.
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 06-13-2015 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 06:49 AM   #71
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
For one, I did make sure to include a TLDR summary at the top and specifically mentioned that it's hard to condense for this post. Second, that's just how I am, and despite a real effort to change it, I'm not that great at determining what is so wildly superfluous as to leave out, and what is so critical that if I leave it out, it changes the tone of the whole post... Like If I just straight out summarized it "I had the hots for a girl and she started to as well herself, but my mom tried to come between us and I called the cops on my own mother," I'd sound like an asshole.

Besides, I'm the type that reads Wikipedia articles out of pure boredom, so reading longer posts doesn't bother me... If this was a conversation, it'd be eked out in less than 5 minutes. But if I have went overboard, my bad.
Look, like I said, it's not a bad thing, but...., there's only a handful of people that want to read an 80 page essay that is almost all of your posts (not your "situation" in specific). It's okay to be a straight shooter and explain things with necessary information and still get your point across.

And you know..., sometimes in life, it's better to just give straight answers or comments, because when you start to divulge too much information, people tend to stop listening, since it starts to get redundant. This goes for work or relationships.
Appreciate 0