BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > M135i XDRIVE waiting for me at the dealer

09-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

M135i XDRIVE waiting for me at the dealer

Dealer called me today to say that got a beautiful M135i XDRIVE and he wants me to take it home!
Sincerely I was not thinking to buy a hatch as I'm more of a coupe lover but the idea is starting to grow on me. I've watched many incredibly positive reviews about the M135 but I'm yet to read or see anything about the X version? What do you guys think of it? Anyone here has one?
      09-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
AAddict
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
Dealer called me today to say that got a beautiful M135i XDRIVE and he wants me to take it home!
Sincerely I was not thinking to buy a hatch as I'm more of a coupe lover but the idea is starting to grow on me. I've watched many incredibly positive reviews about the M135 but I'm yet to read or see anything about the X version? What do you guys think of it? Anyone here has one?
Unless you need the extra winter weather stability I would stick with the rear wheel drive model.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
raffoul232
Private
Rep
Drives: m135i xdrive

Well I own an xdrive but have never driven an s drive m135i. On the other hand I have driven a 335i and well all you get is just better traction during rain and well a faster acceleration 0-100km/h that's all I can say. But no matter x or s drive go for it, it's an amazing drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232 View Post
Well I own an xdrive but have never driven an s drive m135i. On the other hand I have driven a 335i and well all you get is just better traction during rain and well a faster acceleration 0-100km/h that's all I can say. But no matter x or s drive go for it, it's an amazing drive.
✋Hey Raf, you're in Lebanon! I can see you got the M135 XDRIVE too, but what do you meant by "had never driven an s drive m135?
      09-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr
Quote:
✋Hey Raf, you're in Lebanon! I can see you got the M135 XDRIVE too, but what do you meant by "had never driven an s drive m135?
Haha no way didn't realize you where from lebanon.
Well as you may know the m135i comes to our country only as an xdrive. The s-drive (rear wheel drive) and manual don't come to the country and I have no idea why. You'd def join an exclusive club though I heard there are only 3 m134i's on the road (white one in broumana, black one in rabieh if not mistaken, and mine the blue one). I also loved from a coupe (scirocco) to this and honestly it isnt that big and quite comfortable if you have long distances to do/being stuck in traffic haha. i am currently not in lebanon will be back by the end of the month though but I hope all is well there?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #6
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Haha no way didn't realize you where from lebanon.
Well as you may know the m135i comes to our country only as an xdrive. The s-drive (rear wheel drive) and manual don't come to the country and I have no idea why. You'd def join an exclusive club though I heard there are only 3 m134i's on the road (white one in broumana, black one in rabieh if not mistaken, and mine the blue one). I also loved from a coupe (scirocco) to this and honestly it isnt that big and quite comfortable if you have long distances to do/being stuck in traffic haha. i am currently not in lebanon will be back by the end of the month though but I hope all is well there?
All is very well here...and will walkways be no matter what :-)
Let me know when you get here to take some proper pics of your car.
Going to se "my" hot-hatch today I guess... Will see...
      09-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Share some pics too if you've seen it
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #8
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Went to the dealer on Thursday only to find that the car was sold and delivered a couple of hours before me getting there! Will have to wait until the next one come in hopefull it's gonna be an Alpine White :-)
      09-07-2013, 02:41 AM   #9
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
Went to the dealer on Thursday only to find that the car was sold and delivered a couple of hours before me getting there! Will have to wait until the next one come in hopefull it's gonna be an Alpine White :-)
Sorry to hear that man. But like they say "All things good come to those who wait".
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #10
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ahhh that sucks. Whatever good things happen to those who wait. What color was it the one that got sold. Also are they getting them as packages or are you able to pick your options?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
satrenidk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Share some pics too if you've seen it
      09-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Ahhh that sucks. Whatever good things happen to those who wait. What color was it the one that got sold. Also are they getting them as packages or are you able to pick your options?
Same color as yours, the cars they have in display comes with some packages already ordered or chosen by the dealer... All. Know is that the 135M is selling like pancakes! :-)
      09-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #13
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Aghhh when I ordered it everything was optional. Hate it how they do it in lebanon. Same thing happened when i got the scirocco. I'm shocked though that they are selling a lot cause its definitely not the cheapest hatchback. Hopefully we can get a nice m135i group going though.
Btw off topic did the a45 amg get to lebanon? I went and asked the dealer before I traveled told me it would cost 100k/110k$, which is insane for a v4. Also in the past 2 months of ownership I havnt seen any m135 on the road.
Ohh FYI get ready because you'll have a lot of Gti/r trying to annoy you, but I doubt they'll be able to see the m's taillights hahaha
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
HasanK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232
Aghhh when I ordered it everything was optional. Hate it how they do it in lebanon. Same thing happened when i got the scirocco. I'm shocked though that they are selling a lot cause its definitely not the cheapest hatchback. Hopefully we can get a nice m135i group going though.
Btw off topic did the a45 amg get to lebanon? I went and asked the dealer before I traveled told me it would cost 100k/110k$, which is insane for a v4. Also in the past 2 months of ownership I havnt seen any m135 on the road.
Ohh FYI get ready because you'll have a lot of Gti/r trying to annoy you, but I doubt they'll be able to see the m's taillights hahaha
What you said about the GTI/R is true. I had a GTI take a go at me while I was still breaking in, he lost. Haha.

I've also had some Hyundai Velosters have a go. Some people just don't understand.
      09-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasanK View Post
What you said about the GTI/R is true. I had a GTI take a go at me while I was still breaking in, he lost. Haha.

I've also had some Hyundai Velosters have a go. Some people just don't understand.
Don't worry. A Ford F150 truck wanted to race me recently. I shouted the guy from open window "I have no chance against you buddy" and avoided the farce
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

M135i xDrive is a very capable car. Sport auto just did a comparison between the it and the A45, with the A45 winning narrowly. I can't read German but if you are interested in the numbers, here they are:

0-100km 4.9
0-200km 18.8
Hockenheim 1.15.3

Regular M135i (manual)

0-100km 4.9
0-200km 18.1 (RWD loses less HP hence better acceleration at higher speed as expected)
Hockenheim 1.15.7

I have the E-edition and I think Sport Auto made a typo because here is what they had for xDrive's in gear acceleration

80-120km
4/5/6/7/8 gear
1.2/2.2/2.8/3.4/4.5

Something is seriously off there.......
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #17
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
M135i xDrive is a very capable car. Sport auto just did a comparison between the it and the A45, with the A45 winning narrowly. I can't read German but if you are interested in the numbers, here they are:

0-100km 4.9
0-200km 18.8
Hockenheim 1.15.3

Regular M135i (manual)

0-100km 4.9
0-200km 18.1 (RWD loses less HP hence better acceleration at higher speed as expected)
Hockenheim 1.15.7

I have the E-edition and I think Sport Auto made a typo because here is what they had for xDrive's in gear acceleration

80-120km
4/5/6/7/8 gear
1.2/2.2/2.8/3.4/4.5

Something is seriously off there.......
      09-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #18
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Don't be so disappointed as packages ordered by the dealer come with a price ;-)
The M135 is already getting close to 100K, 90Ks to be precise and this is already an insane amount of money for a hatch no matter how hot it is...
In USA with this amount of money you get 2 hatches, a 135M and an A-45
      09-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #19
raffoul232
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Don't be so disappointed as packages ordered by the dealer come with a price ;-)
The M135 is already getting close to 100K, 90Ks to be precise and this is already an insane amount of money for a hatch no matter how hot it is...
In USA with this amount of money you get 2 hatches, a 135M and an A-45
I've got a better one for you I went to the ferrari dealer in nyc, and well the California starts at 125000 yet in lebanon it starts at 325000. Oh and for a bigger heart attack the ff which is the most expensive was 325000 with quite some options, yet god bless out country starting at 525000. That's insane and it sucks for us.
Appreciate 0