BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > BMW the ultimate troll

12-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #89
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
The GT3 will be a good car for ya, it requires no skills, not only it has torque vectoring, the rear wheels change toe in a turn to help with your lines. Lol

Maybe the next one will be autonomous and lap the track for ya.

The E36 M3 on TCKlines, lightweight wheels, sticky tires would be more of a driver's car in my humble opinion.

The GT3 does sound amazing tho and puts down some amazing times, I'll give you that.
I think Honda did something like that with their Prelude. ...Another drive train layout that needs handling assistance.
      12-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #90
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I think Honda did something like that with their Prelude. ...Another drive train layout that needs handling assistance.
That was a terrible implementation and most enthusiasts ended up disabling or bypassing it as it made the car handle worse. The Prelude was often Honda's top platform for testing state of the art handling applications - often with bad results.

Here is a brief synapse of what ATTS is and what it does. under straight line acceleration the system operates like an open diff meaning that only one wheel will spin on a slick surface (eg.. like ice), also at the track it only spin one tire just like an open diff. There for ATTS is not an lsd. ATTS is located on the left axle, it is essentailly a smaller tranmission, it hydraulically activates gears in the unit to route the power.When you are traveling at speed and you corner there are senors measuring the cornering force, speed, and throttle input and can send as much as 80% torque to the outside wheel when cornering. There is a standalone unit that controls the ATTS unit itself, it is also connected to the ECU. So if there is any imminent danger to the ATTS it will tell the ECU to cut power.

The previous gen Prelude (92-96) had a 4WS model which had 4 wheel steering. Another thing that often broke and made handling weird. This is 20 years before the 4 wheel steering in the Porsche GT3... lol

Same as most 90s Japanese systems... the HICAS system in the 90s GT-Rs was such a system that most people just removed because it made the car handling unpredictable.

Last edited by Z K; 12-29-2016 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
CANGRKE70813.50
      12-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #91
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

It was a joke.
      12-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #92
angelr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 aw/ir m coupe, 2013 S4

300 zx also had hicas which most would ditch. Then there were cars built with "passive" rear steering, in other words shitty, overly compliant bushes that deflected a shit ton.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #93
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
The GT3 will be a good car for ya, it requires no skills, not only it has torque vectoring, the rear wheels change toe in a turn to help with your lines. Lol

Maybe the next one will be autonomous and lap the track for ya.

The E36 M3 on TCKlines, lightweight wheels, sticky tires would be more of a driver's car in my humble opinion.

The GT3 does sound amazing tho and puts down some amazing times, I'll give you that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetFame View Post
These last few posts have been very humoring!
Yea, Anglo is on a roll!

He has now gone to personal attacks and assumptions about my driving abilities.

Mr Tonka Thanks for the review - surprised there were so many issues with that thing. Paying Porsche tax and then having issues seems a bit scary. Also, be careful saying you want a GT3 because that means you cannot drive. #racerlogic
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      12-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #94
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

It's safe to say that we're all preferring a civic type R over an M4. Anything but a fucking M4 actually. Wife loves the idea of an M4 but 1) she's a woman and 2) she has horrible taste since she chose me. Despite the fact that even a senior female orangutan can drive a 911, the 991.cs will rape an M4 and even give the M4gts a good run for its godly Special M powers that only 1-2 gts owners can figure out.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #95
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Yea, Anglo is on a roll!

He has now gone to personal attacks and assumptions about my driving abilities.

Mr Tonka Thanks for the review - surprised there were so many issues with that thing. Paying Porsche tax and then having issues seems a bit scary. Also, be careful saying you want a GT3 because that means you cannot drive. #racerlogic
Honestly, i think the draw to the GT3 is the race aspect of it. As in, for me, the most exciting thing about Porsches are watching them go around a race track. Kind of like a boy racer crush. I'm sure it's a blast to drive, full assist or none. I personally lean towards no assist type driving, all mechanical and aero. But i will most certainly enjoy driving a 918 or other technically advanced vehicles. I haven't driven the current M3/4 but all past M3s i've had were fantastic to drive. I would prefer any of them over the GTS4. The very best part of driving the 911 was walking up to it.

I'm quite certain my 911 experience would be much different if it weren't 4wd and were manual transmission. The 4wd system and PDK were maddening. I've driven a Boxster several times and that is most definitely one of the best handling, best steering feel, directly connected to the road driving experiences i've had.
PoorLurker1136.50
      12-29-2016, 08:50 PM   #96
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
It's safe to say that we're all preferring a civic type R over an M4. Anything but a fucking M4 actually. Wife loves the idea of an M4 but 1) she's a woman and 2) she has horrible taste since she chose me. Despite the fact that even a senior female orangutan can drive a 911, the 991.cs will rape an M4 and even give the M4gts a good run for its godly Special M powers that only 1-2 gts owners can figure out.
Says the guy with a glorified 135i with the E9X M3 suspension. Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 09:45 PM   #97
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm really sorry you feel that way about the 1M. Really shows how much you know about anything and aligns well to the "I'd rather get an M4 than a 991s" mentality you have going on. You're deep throating ss's dick so much it's starting to poke your brain kid. I wished you had a faster or better driver's car for us to even discuss but I'm sorry that you drive an M4. I'm honestly surprised that this username you're using is still active. Honestly, how many times have you been banned now and how many usernames are you still on?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:05 PM   #98
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Quote:
I'm really sorry you feel that way about the 1M. Really shows how much you know about anything and aligns well to the "I'd rather get an M4 than a 991s" mentality you have going on. You're deep throating ss's dick so much it's starting to poke your brain kid. I wished you had a faster or better driver's car for us to even discuss but I'm sorry that you drive an M4. I'm honestly surprised that this username you're using is still active. Honestly, how many times have you been banned now and how many usernames are you still on?
Paging Mr.SugarSkulls - can we get some dick removal up in here please? Put it back in your pants.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #99
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do you realize the M4 is a true M car with an M engine and M suspension designed for its chassis?

Your little porker is not a real M car and it's ugly.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:28 PM   #100
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Do you realize the M4 is a true M car with an M engine and M suspension designed for its chassis?

Your little porker is not a real M car and it's ugly.
Nope, didn't realize that at all about the M4. Never knew it was even respected in any way like that. Even the gts is a head scratcher to me. I'm sure it's a great dd if that's what you're referring to with all the "real" M talk. Always fun chatting with an M4 fanboi. Hey can you give me a heads up with your next user name or your other current ones? How much trouble do you have to go thru just to maintain an account here?

For a girl that has a 3650lb to call any other sports car a porker is exactly the amount you know.

Last edited by Nkc; 12-29-2016 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #101
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope, didn't realize that at all about the M4. Never knew it was even respected in any way like that. Even the gts is a head scratcher to me. I'm sure it's a great dd if that's what you're referring to with all the "real" M talk. Always fun chatting with an M4 fanboi. Hey can you give me a heads up with your next user name or your other current ones? How much trouble do you have to go thru just to maintain an account here?
I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet with your constant homophobic comments about other members sucking dicks.

That's probably bc you act like a girl, you attack people and then run to the mods and play the victim.

Hahahaha
This is my only account, sweetheart.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #102
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet with your constant homophobic comments about other members sucking dicks.

That's probably bc you act like a girl, you attack people and then run to the mods and play the victim.

Hahahaha
This is my only account, sweetheart.
Sorry to break your heart but I don't even know who the mods are. Not the type that likes to suck dick. I can barely keep up with all the names you keep logging in with, how the hell can I have the time to even rat on a chick like you. Plus, I kinda prefer having you around. You contribute with your insane amount of chick pics. Creepy as fuck but can't complain.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 12:18 AM   #103
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Whoa this last page has me very confused.

I thought NKC was a girl and Anglo was a dude!

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 05:54 AM   #104
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Hey, play nice pls.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:09 AM   #105
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post

The previous gen Prelude (92-96) had a 4WS model which had 4 wheel steering. Another thing that often broke and made handling weird. This is 20 years before the 4 wheel steering in the Porsche GT3... lol
Agree, had a friend with a 4th gen 4WS. Always in the shop, but he could park like no other.

I'm not going to lie, I have a soft spot for 4th gen Preludes as it was the first car I bought with my own money. It was a ton of fun to modify (tastefully) and track.
Appreciate 0