BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Photo Comparison: F20 versus E87 1-series Hatchback

06-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

And I joked about how bad the old 1 series looked...

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #24
confusion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I don't think this monstrosity can ever get used to be seen around. It is butt ugly, plain and simple. The front is a horrifying mess, the dent under the kidney grill makes the car look it has crashed on something and so is the side profiling, the headlights are huge and wide apart, the outline of which is a horrible combination of straight lines and curves, the grill is small and there is too much space between it and the headlights. The asymmetric headlamps are ugly, the bumpers are a mess. The rear is unbelievably mediocre and uninteresting. I never thought E87 was a looker but now it looks like an Aston Martin in comparison. Total disaster in my opinion and it hurts to think this thing will be around for the next 6-7 years :-(
Could not agree more. And I have always thought my e82's headlights are ugly... damn.

What a shame.
Appreciate 0