BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Turbo Boost Numbers and Some Other Figures....

06-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Turbo Boost Numbers and Some Other Figures....

I got the dongle like many others, but today I thought to give it one last go before I give it away. I uploaded some screen captures for reference.

I attached my phone on the dash with some suction cup, and it's probably not the most secure way of holding it down. Some numbers I find a little strange:

1) tested 2nd and 3rd full throttle coming out of toll booth on a highway. While paying attention to the speed limit, the max boost happens at 11.9 in-Hg, and that coverts to 0.4 bar of boost. I hope I am reading it right, and no wonder there have been people mentioning the M135i runs a modest boost. Do you think increasing the boost then is ultimately where modding is headed?

2) The fuel pressure is about 1000 psi idling, full throttle in neutral is about 2000 psi. It seems kinda high, but I do not have reference to other cars. about 70 bar to 140 bar equivalent, I think I am reading it wrong nevertheless.

3) The lateral G shows more than 1 G. Yes during the test I went over a mountain pass, but it is single lane with hairpins as I cannot/should not go very fast. I think the number comes from my not holding the phone down securely. These numbers are for references only I suppose. I don't know where the accelerating over 1 G comes from, maybe because I was accelerating on a steep hill....

4) I cannot pull oil temperature out still, which is a shame, but we have confirmed yet again the water temperature is well controlled at 107 or so. Yes the oil temperature can be pulled from the hidden manual, but I guess I was just trying to get a reading without doing so.

Just thought to share some data/findings for curiosity sake

Cheers~
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

When using accelerometers to measure G-forces, you always end up measuring some gravity as well, making the numbers too high. But high fuel pressure values makes sense on an engine with direct injection.
Appreciate 0