BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Snapped at my SA

08-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #45
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

The first thing a good SA or CA should do is hand you his/her business card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      08-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #46
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I mean I get it. I think in this case it's all about delivery.

1. I'm sorry, but later this afternoon doesn't work for me. I'm disappointed, could you give me a more precise answer. (You owe nothing)

2. What the shit with this afternoon BS? Give me a real answer that doesn't literally span 6 hours. Your response is bad and you should feel bad! (You probably owe an apology)

If scenario 2 was used, you probably should apologize. But at the end of the day it's all how you feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #47
mapexvenus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I mean I get it. I think in this case it's all about delivery.

1. I'm sorry, but later this afternoon doesn't work for me. I'm disappointed, could you give me a more precise answer. (You owe nothing)

2. What the shit with this afternoon BS? Give me a real answer that doesn't literally span 6 hours. Your response is bad and you should feel bad! (You probably owe an apology)

If scenario 2 was used, you probably should apologize. But at the end of the day it's all how you feel.
It was neither 1 or 2. It was this: "That sounds like a boilerplate response. I need something more specific."
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 12:01 PM   #48
mapexvenus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
The first thing a good SA or CA should do is hand you his/her business card.

Never happened. Everytime I try and reach him, it goes to the receptionist and when she transfers to him, he never answers. I did that 7 times yesterday. No return calls when I left a VM either.

Anyway, my car is with the dealership that installed the Dinan now and that SA seems easier to work with. I only need to meet SA1 to take delivery and return my loaner.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #49
F30inthe6ix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 BMW 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapexvenus View Post
So this happened: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1293501

I was frustrated with the fact that my $80k+ car stalled, then at BMW Assist for keeping me on hold for 20 minutes and then roadside assistance.

Anyway, I made it to the dealership and the SA spoke to me very lethargically and didn't really seem to appreciate the situation I was in. Every time I asked him about when I would hear back, he said 'later this afternoon'. I snapped and told him that I didn't want his boilerplate responses.

Now, about an hour later, I feel bad. I have been trying to call him and apologize but he's been unavailable. Maybe I'll buy him a $25 gift card to something. My car breaking down was not his fault.
Your course of actions seem reasonable. Don't eat yourself up over it.

Try and express yourself more thoroughly next time you speak with him and let him know that you were slightly on edge given that your car had just broken down and you were worried about how the situation was being handled (which by the way, is not unreasonable at all). I'm sure he will appreciate it.

Regardless, hopefully your car gets fixed up and comes back as good as new!
      08-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #50
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
It was neither 1 or 2. It was this: "That sounds like a boilerplate response. I need something more specific."
I think you're fine personally. I don't know how sensitive your SA is, but that sounds like an OK to response to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #51
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

my first SA was an idiot who clearly just showed up to work to do the minimum tho I didn't noticed for the first couple of services because I was new to the brand, once I realized I made my next appointment with a different SA.....what a difference this guy is awesome! If I drop off my car for service I always get at least a call a day for updates and after going over 50k and being without warranty he got my car fixed for free still 3 times already, new water pump first time, new thermostat second time and the third time at 58k miles replaced my battery for free as well. Treat your favorite SA with respect and they will take care of you when you need it the most and by the way I never bought him anything until those 3 times I was out of warranty and even those times I brought him just a bottle of wine.
      08-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #52
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

I don't envy my SA's job. He's in the office 10-12 hours a day, and probably handles 20-30 clients a day...all of whom are on the edge of being pissed about something if their car isn't ready on time.

He's always been awesome to me, and if I have my car at the dealer around the holidays I absolutely go out of my way to get him something. It's usually cigars, since alcohol is risky if you don't know someone's past history. He still mentions it every time I'm there, and I don't have to worry about anyone farting in my car.
      08-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #53
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
I second buying the guy lunch or a gift card. You never want to burn a bridge.

I backed out of buying a car last minute and felt bad - sent my CA a gift card as a thank you for his effort.

It certainly wont hurt.

Also, try to make contact F2F - be a man if he is local.
wow ... its his job ... i dont get paid extra for doing my job, even when people don't buy things

crazy world we live in here people
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #54
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
wow ... its his job ... i dont get paid extra for doing my job, even when people don't buy things

crazy world we live in here people
Yeah, it is a crazy (and sad) world we live in when "later this afternoon" is an unacceptable response and offends the customer.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
Arcades8162.00
      08-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #55
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Yeah, it is a crazy (and sad) world we live in when "later this afternoon" is an unacceptable response and offends the customer.
You guys seriously can't see how this answer isn't acceptable in this scenario? Most people with cars like these have very busy schedules and everybody at BMW should know this. It isn't minimum wage McDonalds employees buying these cars. At minimum the SA should know his audience and not give such a flippant answer.

Things the SA could've said:

Let me check our schedule and I'll let you know in a minute. Please enjoy a complimentary refreshment in our waiting room and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry sir it is extremely busy today and I'll find out and let you know as soon as possible.

Sorry your brand new M car has an issue, I'll find out when I can get it looked at and call you immediately when I know.

Something besides giving the guy the Heisman brush off. They are in the customer service industry and need to act accordingly.

You pretty much have to ax murder somebody at my work to get fired. There are basically two things that will do it though and this is one of them. I work in a service industry and would be fired pretty quickly if I treated customers like this. And I've been there 16 years. It all comes down to how much of a priority it is for each company. And for mine it is one of the highest period as set forth by our owner. Sometimes it really sucks, but the answer is always clear to us. If you don't like it go find a job where you don't have customer interaction.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #56
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Oh yeah, be sure to give all 10s on the survey.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #57
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You guys seriously can't see how this answer isn't acceptable in this scenario? Most people with cars like these have very busy schedules and everybody at BMW should know this. It isn't minimum wage McDonalds employees buying these cars. At minimum the SA should know his audience and not give such a flippant answer.

Things the SA could've said:

Let me check our schedule and I'll let you know in a minute. Please enjoy a complimentary refreshment in our waiting room and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. (later this afternoon)

I'm sorry sir it is extremely busy today and I'll find out and let you know as soon as possible. (later this afternoon)

Sorry your brand new M car has an issue, I'll find out when I can get it looked at and call you immediately when I know. (later this afternoon)

I disagree, but you have your opinion and I have mine.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #58
///3dkn
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [8.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
No matter what kind of shitty gift you give him, I'm sure it's too late. He already told the techs to fart in your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #59
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
You have to look at the whole history of his communication with his CA. There's a pattern of him blowing him off, not returning calls, etc. So when he says later this afternoon, that's not acceptable. It's not acceptable anyway, but given the pattern here in this case, he has every right to be pissed.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #60
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

BMW service isn't what I expected it to be...
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 11:30 PM   #61
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Yall Soft As Hell.
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      08-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #62
mapexvenus
Private
Rep

So here is how it all rounded up.

SA 2 called me at 7:30 AM (as promised) to tell me that my car was on its way back to Dealer 1. He thanked me for my patience, asked me if I had any questions and told me I could reach him on his cell phone any time I wanted.

Car arrived at dealer 1 on time. I met SA1 (who this post is about). He handed me my car keys grinned and pointed me to my car in the lot. Didn't walk me to my car, didn't ask me if I had any questions, didn't even know what repairs were done to it - I had to tell him.

Anyway, I am over it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #63
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
no ... i was referring to the cat that said he backed-out of purchasing a vehicle and felt bad, so he bought the CA a gift card .... lol
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #64
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
So here is how it all rounded up.

SA 2 called me at 7:30 AM (as promised) to tell me that my car was on its way back to Dealer 1. He thanked me for my patience, asked me if I had any questions and told me I could reach him on his cell phone any time I wanted.

Car arrived at dealer 1 on time. I met SA1 (who this post is about). He handed me my car keys grinned and pointed me to my car in the lot. Didn't walk me to my car, didn't ask me if I had any questions, didn't even know what repairs were done to it - I had to tell him.

Anyway, I am over it.
wat was wrong
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #65
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
10/30/17

i do my best to keep my car clean right before dropping the car at service shop.
Yesterday I drop it off to get new tires install, a guy walks around snapping pics, taking tire tread measuremnts..I go sit by my SA..I greet him and do small talk. I get shuttle service back to my office at 730am. Around 11am I get call that the car is almost done, tire mounted and balance and fill with nitrogen. wheel align is next. I get shuttle service back to service shop. As my car is gettin pulled up to me i notice my tow hook license plate is missing. I ask the guy where is my license plate, he say oh its on passenger side. I said to him why is it there..so he reaches over and hands me license plate with bracket broken off. I ask who broke it? he said I dont know..i check the bumper..it was all scratched up. Now im upset that the car was goin to be handed over with broken tow hook and scratched up bumper. My SA ask me to bring car back in, he said i will get it fixed and pay for new tow hook. My SA ask who wash the car.. nobody said anything.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #66
Mouse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejonsson90 View Post
Is this a joke? The guy who is paid to provide you with customer service? You want to buy him a gift because you were unhappy with his service and you let him know?

I appreciate your sympathy but far too often people here forget who the customer is in the owner - SA relationship.
Agreed. I forget that myself sometimes.

Ninja edit: Just realized how old this thread was. Doesn't change how I feel tho. lol
Appreciate 0