BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Auto wipers

07-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #45
FakePockets
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnyjoz View Post
Well the ignition turns off anyway when you lock the car, and the music stops then, so I don't really see the problem.
Unfortunately, you look like a twat getting out of your car with the music blaring
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #46
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

I've not done it, but if you search here, there's been a couple of people who have managed to get out of the car, with it still running, and lock it!

Edit: see this thread

Last edited by ttimbo; 07-07-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #47
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Well the ignition turns off anyway when you lock the car, and the music stops then, so I don't really see the problem.
It is okay to live with it, but there don't seem to be any advantages. The old style key ignition was more intuitive, and so was the old blinker stalk. I guess the new solutions without tactile feedback are cheaper, but I think the old style was better.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #48
Ronnyjoz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 125d M Sport, Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakePockets View Post
Unfortunately, you look like a twat
You're right, I do. How did you know that?

Surely you don't have to restart the engine though. I can turn the ignition off by pressing the Start/Stop button a second time after the engine is off. Admittedly this is a bit weird but I find it quite liberating not having to take the key out of my pocket.

And as for the whole being-able-to-walk-away-from-the-car while-the-engine's-running thing, what were they thinking?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #49
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Surely you don't have to restart the engine though. I can turn the ignition off by pressing the Start/Stop button a second time after the engine is off.
That was of course the intention, but you have to remember to release the clutch pedal first. That is what I failed to do a couple of times, so instead of killing the music, the engine fired back up.
Appreciate 0