BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > LED eyebrow light finally fixed (I hope so)

12-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

LED eyebrow light finally fixed (I hope so)

Hi All
Apologies, I have been out of touch with the forum. I have been OS for some time with work in Africa and missing my fix of forum chats.

Before I left, I posted the saga of my BMW
dealer offered to do a free software upgrade on my 125i (visit 1)

After a few days a weird problem arose.
The eyebrow LED strip light over the top of the Xenon lights on the drivers side stopped working.

(visit 2) I took it back the next day. They looked at it and advised that it was the Headlight assembly and organised a new one.

(visit 3) BMW Replaced Headlight and all was well, until I got home and realised that the strip light was not working again.

(visit 4) Contacted dealer and took it back the next day. They looked at it again and advised that it was the Headlight control module located behind the assembly. They organised a new one.

(visit 5) They replaced the module and all was well, until I got home and realised that the strip light was again not working. The next morning it was working but now the passenger side one was not.

(visit 6) They replaced both modules and all was well for a few days, but surprise, surprise the strip light was again not working again.

(visit 7) They kept the car for a few days and did a full diagnostic of the entire system and finally decided it was the main module and a new one would have to come from Germany as it need to be coded. They said it would take around 8 weeks, which did not phase me as I was leaving that week for OS.

4 months later (still OS)
I enquire and am informed that there is a shortage on components and it will be another month. Fine by me as I was away.

The day after I got back to Australia, I got a message that the Module was in

(visit 8) They wanted to kept the car for a few days as a full system fix was needed. after a few days of issues they had to get another main Module (coded with keys). One week at the workshop.

I have my 125i back and it is all working along with some new display features

All going well today.

I have to give praise to the guys are BMW, they were very helpful and arranged loan cars each time. (135i,X1, X5, 428i and others)
Appreciate 0