BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW i4 will be the name for the production iVision Dynamics

03-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #23
JuanK20
Second Lieutenant
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: AW F80 M3, AW E92 M3

25 electric bmw vehicles within the next 7 years is a lot. i can only think of 5? Is there a list somewhere of all the new concepts?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #24
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanK20 View Post
25 electric bmw vehicles within the next 7 years is a lot. i can only think of 5? Is there a list somewhere of all the new concepts?
Not yet, but wasn't that statement in reference to any BMW that had an electric drive component? So, some may be full electric, but the others would be gas-electric hybrids?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #25
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Not yet, but wasn't that statement in reference to any BMW that had an electric drive component? So, some may be full electric, but the others would be gas-electric hybrids?
Yes:

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1420268

Also, according to Automobile, they believe the 12 electric vehicles to be:

MINI E (electric Mini hatchback)
iX3 (electric X3)
i8 replacement (probably an electric 8 Series)
i3 (electric 3 Series)
i1 (electric 1 Series hatchback)
iNext (working name, could be called i9)
i4 (electric 4 Series)
i5 (electric 5 Series)
iX5 (electric X5)
i7 (electric 7 Series)
iX1 (electric X1)
iX5 LWB (electric X5 LWB)

The remaining 13 electrified vehicles will no doubt include eight more PHEV "e" iPerformance vehicles joining the existing (or next generation replacements for) 330e, 530e, 740e, X5 40e and MINI Countryman Hybrid.

Appreciate 1
Spa2k1193.00
      03-07-2018, 05:59 PM   #26
//M235ixD
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 //M235i xDrive

This is the future. Everyone should be open to it rather than fighting it. IMO BMW is going to the right direction with the electric car lineups
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #27
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The direction they are going for is for BMW and BMWi to run parallel but be distinctive visually and from drivetrains.

The first example is the all electric X3 to Be badged as iX3 followed by the i3 which will be the full EV 3er. Where the current i3 and i8 end up will be of similar concepts but under different names.
The i4 will be the full EV of the 4er Gran Coupe model.

The core X3 and 3er in their PHEV form will be of course be under iPerformance.
The regular 4er Gran Coupe is now fully designated as G26 which will form a certain kinship with the The 8 Gran Coupe due to its more sports car aesthetics.

Currently I have no idea to whether it will be Coupe-Aloon. Or fastback as the current model? Or even this time we will see the M4 Gran Coupe? I would like to think that the second generation would certainly spread its potential knowing full well that there is interest and seeing what the M8 Gran Coupe could do.
      03-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #28
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The direction they are going for is for BMW and BMWi to run parallel but be distinctive visually and from drivetrains.

The first example is the all electric X3 to Be badged as iX3 followed by the i3 which will be the full EV 3er. Where the current i3 and i8 end up will be of similar concepts but under different names.

The regular 4er Gran Coupe is now fully designated as G26 which will form a certain kinship with the The 8 Gran Coupe due to its more sports car aesthetics.

Currently I have no idea to whether it will be Coupe-Aloon. Or fastback as the current model? Or even this time we will see the M4 Gran Coupe? I would like to think that the second generation would certainly spread its potential knowing full well that there is interest and seeing what the M8 Gran Coupe could do.
I love hearing all of this, the last time I was this stoked about what BMW had in the pipeline was during the Bangle era. I can't wait to see these cars become reality.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 02:22 AM   #29
matbl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Full EV 3'er also as Touring in europe? PLEASE!

And what about full EV 5'er?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 01:45 PM   #30
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post

And what about full EV 5'er?
i5 I think is was is tentatively planned.
Appreciate 0