BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > It makes me sad

06-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #23
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Why not a supercharger??

The E9X M is a BEAST with a blower kit!!

The M4 owner will be jealous
Because it eats spark plugs like crazy hence extra maintanance time.
Since my time budget is very limited, I have to leave these mods to the younger enthusiast crowd.
Can't await to take my wifey to a long ///M trip. We will drive cross the country and checkout some cool cribs and places.
Today she revealed me, that not only I am exhausted, she told me that during some hard times, we as a couple didn't really had a life. We were just functioning and that was probably the reason, why I locked myself up.
She also ment it's time to find the love we had 16 years ago, when we met...

I can't imagine another wifey, next to me but I have to admit, something got definately lost...
Oh well, friends don't want to bother you anymore have to focus on positive energy instead of negative. Need to reprogram myself to get the right mind set!

Lets get back to our beloved hobby.
Again thank you very much for your honest posts..
***Some of them were chickensoup for my soul***
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #24
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

War. Go put your ass in harms way for a few months and I guarantee you will appreciate everything you have 100 times more. Or pack up and go overseas for a year with limited funds, to a non-English speaking country and try and survive for a year.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #25
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
War. Go put your ass in harms way for a few months and I guarantee you will appreciate everything you have 100 times more. Or pack up and go overseas for a year with limited funds, to a non-English speaking country and try and survive for a year.
Sir, I appreciate your wise words. ( no sarcasm )
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #26
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Better yet, go ride a motorcycle in India or Vietnam.
Been there done that, those people are super professionals. It is unread in the cities how traffic just flows in 4 directions and people dont pile up. Sometimes you have to gently kick pple away from you but all good.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #27
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
It does makes me sad because I've just lost power to actually get mad!
M3 E92 = check
No loan = check

I can buy whatever I like...Baldessarini...Phillip Plein...Breitling...Rolex...everything is possible but the thing is:

I lost INTEREST! I've lost interest in things, that I would have died for, like 5 years ago!

I don't know what it is, but somehow stuff like mentioned ain't get me the way, it did.

Today I've been to my local dealership ( M4 )
I really asked myself seriously:
"Trade your M3 in for the M4 + a 40k loan?"
Friends, this fucking demon is hunting me...on and on...
like I would rather jump into a loan for a fucking car, instead of beeing able to live a carefree life and just fucking enjoy my M3 E92.
Enjoy that Iam able to mod it, without having to count the cents on insurance, gas and all that other jazz.
What the fuck is wrong with me????
Look at the bright side, lots of people are so far removed from being in your situation that they've given up even trying to get there anymore.
      06-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #28
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
It does makes me sad because I've just lost power to actually get mad!
M3 E92 = check
No loan = check

I can buy whatever I like...Baldessarini...Phillip Plein...Breitling...Rolex...everything is possible but the thing is:

I lost INTEREST! I've lost interest in things, that I would have died for, like 5 years ago!

I don't know what it is, but somehow stuff like mentioned ain't get me the way, it did.

Today I've been to my local dealership ( M4 )
I really asked myself seriously:
"Trade your M3 in for the M4 + a 40k loan?"
Friends, this fucking demon is hunting me...on and on...
like I would rather jump into a loan for a fucking car, instead of beeing able to live a carefree life and just fucking enjoy my M3 E92.
Enjoy that Iam able to mod it, without having to count the cents on insurance, gas and all that other jazz.
What the fuck is wrong with me????
Have you ever been to road Atlanta with your car?
      06-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #29
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I'm not ashamed to say it, I priced out my dream, a blue faced Omega Seamaster, and found it to be too expensive. And I think it's almost doubled in price since I first looked at buying in 2006.

So, suffice it to say I cannot simply buy any watch I want.

OP should feel fortunate to have those choices--if you don't buy, you merely decided not to, but you can.

I, cannot justify it. The other disturbing thing is the guitar I would like is well over 7k--when I was 20, I thought there was no question I would purchase these things, including a McIntosh amp, preamp, B&W speakers, blah blah blah. None of which can be justified today.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Look at the bright side, lots of people are so far removed from being in your situation that they've given up even trying to get there anymore.
EGGGGGSSSS actly! You hit the nail on the head!

Because the level of guitar I want may be 7k today, if I save over the next 10 years for it, it will be 20k. and to think when I was in college, it was a mere $1,400. Interesting to see that certain items actually appreciate over time faster than inflation...
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #31
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I'm not ashamed to say it, I priced out my dream, a blue faced Omega Seamaster, and found it to be too expensive. And I think it's almost doubled in price since I first looked at buying in 2006.

So, suffice it to say I cannot simply buy any watch I want.

OP should feel fortunate to have those choices--if you don't buy, you merely decided not to, but you can.

I, cannot justify it. The other disturbing thing is the guitar I would like is well over 7k--when I was 20, I thought there was no question I would purchase these things, including a McIntosh amp, preamp, B&W speakers, blah blah blah. None of which can be justified today.
I cannot even imagine being able to just buy anything I want. I kind of think it would suck. Reminds me of a quote I heard attributed to Warren Buffett - don't know if he really said it. "Give your kids enough to do anything they want, but not enough to do nothing." If there was not something more to strive for, I think it would be lame.
      06-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #32
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Lifes too short man. Go travel the world with the wifey. Take her on the ring man LOL. For me it was a supercharger or a 2 week vacay to France and swiss and I chose the latter. Pretty pissed the ring was closed that week but memories are all that's left now to cherish. Wish I can mod and travel but ain't on that level yet.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #33
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Have you ever been to road Atlanta with your car?
Been there but not with the ///M.
Will definately give it a try but for now we might fly down to europe.
Still not a 100 % set but one thing for sure though, will take the ///M with us.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #34
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Lifes too short man. Go travel the world with the wifey. Take her on the ring man LOL. For me it was a supercharger or a 2 week vacay to France and swiss and I chose the latter. Pretty pissed the ring was closed that week but memories are all that's left now to cherish. Wish I can mod and travel but ain't on that level yet.
Will take her to the ring
Recieved an present from my wifey...
this really blew my mind!

Bhut Jolokia & Habanero
My favourites

Wifey's still the best!
Attached Images

Last edited by vsix; 06-20-2016 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #35
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
Will take her to the ring
If you like it then you shoulda put it on a ring.

06-20-2016, 01:02 PM   #36
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
If you like it then you shoulda put it on a ring.

If you like it, then you shoulda go to the ring with it LOL
Thank's brother
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #37
Robm129
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
This! I've done both. 3 combat tours and lived all over East Africa for 5 months (mainly Kenya but hit up Djibouti and Ethiopia). Talk about finding a new understanding for how much we are all little B*#@$ for the things we complain about. You'll learn to appreciate how awesome going to your sink and getting water that is drinkable! Drink the water from a sink in Djibouti haha. If heading to a war zone isn't on the list, go to a crowded third world city. Nairobi, for me, was such an amazing experience. If that isn't your thing, go to somewhere that doesn't speak English. That will really teach you patience and you'll learn alot about yourself. All in all, take a big step back, drink some water from your faucet, and take a drive. Do this all without a true worry of something randomly blowing up or getting shot.
Appreciate 1