BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > FAO South African Members- M-sport accessories price list

10-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328i '15 F12 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
For me, BMW is the only rear wheel drive car in the class, and the car with the best and most entertaining handling. How it drives is by far the most important feature. Some of the options makes the car less interesting to drive, as it takes control away from the driver, and makes it heavier and more sluggish. Even in completely stripped out form, it is still the only RWD car in the class, and it still has superior handling. That is what I expect from the badge. Not a rolling spa resort.

In 116i form? I'm not being condescending but fun isn't the first word that comes to mind on a 116i or any FWD 100kw car.

I'm also not sure how these options detract from the driving experience. Auto is a personal choice and you get the same suspension, steering etc on your 116i that you do my 125i. a 125i weighs only 55kg more than a 116i and as for the weight of all my options, I imagine if you look at the weight range of the driver from a slender girl to a well built guy, that variation if you're a well built guy accounts for more than the weight of all my options, of that I'm sure. How much weight do you think my toys actually add to the car?

So if you so worried about weight the first place to start would be a diet
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #24
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
I think you've got the perfect spec going on there. I ALWAYS choose xenons, pdc, sunroof, 18" wheels, m-sport (well sport line in the case of my F30, as I preferred it to M-sport surprisingly) and manual.. I've never touched an auto, navigation and upgraded sound, although I'm inclined to choose a variation of that for my next car hopefully! I seriously can't believe that you spent 450K for your 125i!!! But that's the reality nowadays. Nothing is cheap and you get what you pay for. But those extras obviously increase the enjoyment and quality of your daily drive, so it's definitely well worth it, if you think about it. I'm just such a conservative person and quite miserly with my money lol.

I'm good with just having the standard bluetooth for hands-free calls lol! I only listen to the radio exclusively, which defeats the purpose of extended BT and HK systems for me. The spec on my F30 was very generous to begin with, so it was one of the reasons I chose it. Climate control and leather come to mind.

But you can't beat the spec of the GTI. It's probably the best performance bargain right now, especially the MK7. Did you consider the new GTI as a viable replacement to your previous GTI? It's also very technologically advanced, but obviously not in the way as the BMW is...

You're right in that the M135i would be a waste for you, when the extras and sufficient 160 kW is enough for traffic-rich day, especially in JHB. It definitely makes sense especially when you consider that the same spec'd out M135i would run for demo 335i money..

It's just plain stupid that MB dealers have an attitude to sell A-classes due to the limited supply? Such nonsense. I can imagine the same happening with the CLA. But the price of the CLA does make you realise why they would be in demand. The CLA200 is cheaper than a standard F30 320i, just saying...

Those diamond-quilted seats is a must-have for the S3, as well as the LEDs. At 11K, I don't expect to see any S3s on the road without them.
If the S3 is priced right (especially in saloon form, yum), it will be a tough decision between that and the new M235i next year
I owned a mk5 and mk6 so it was time for a change especially as the golf is just so evolutionary. I checked out in detail and drove the mk7, other than still suffering torque steer (on of the reasons I wanted a RWD car, but with enough power for it to matter!) it is a pretty much perfect package, well built, well priced, looks good and only requires a couple toys off the reasonably priced options list.

As an all rounder in the 160kw warm/hot hatch segment, it remains the best all rounder. Incredibly good resale as well.

But the Bm has come a long way, when I bought my first GTI in 2007 the 1 series alternative for similar money was a modestly specc'd E8? 120i. It was a joke in comparison.

Now the 125i is up there with power and quality and in a base m-sport model on price as well. The spec is a little light in comparison or if you want the toys the 125i will cost a little more. And the GTI also has far better interior space utilization which matters if you need a fairly practical car.

But if I spec up a GTI to my 125i level, xenons, up rated sound, parking sensors, nav, sunroof, the price difference is still insignificant. Remember you have to pay extra for a full maintainance plan instead of just a service plan on a GTI.

But yeah, damn good car that. Can never go wrong with a GTI and the new model is a looker, but I expect to see so many that they will soon no longer be a little special like my EB 1 is.

Apparently since the mk5 50% of golfs sold in SA are GTIs. That's a lot of GTIs!! And their dealer network is painfully bad, maybe they can get away with it with the vivo crowd, but on a R400k car, I'm just really glad I never have to see the inside of a Vw service centre again! And trust me, I tried quite a few dealerships as I had a polo before my GTIs

Last edited by diesel20; 10-20-2013 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel20 View Post
I owned a mk5 and mk6 so it was time for a change especially as the golf is just so evolutionary. I checked out in detail and drove the mk7, other than still suffering torque steer (on of the reasons I wanted a RWD car, but with enough power for it to matter!) it is a pretty much perfect package, well built, well priced, looks good and only requires a couple toys off the reasonably priced options list.

As an all rounder in the 160kw warm/hot hatch segment, it remains the best all rounder. Incredibly good resale as well.

But the Bm has come a long way, when I bought my first GTI in 2007 the 1 series alternative for similar money was a modestly specc'd E8? 120i. It was a joke in comparison.

Now the 125i is up there with power and quality and in a base m-sport model on price as well. The spec is a little light in comparison or if you want the toys the 125i will cost a little more. And the GTI also has far better interior space utilization which matters if you need a fairly practical car.

But if I spec up a GTI to my 125i level, xenons, up rated sound, parking sensors, nav, sunroof, the price difference is still insignificant. Remember you have to pay extra for a full maintainance plan instead of just a service plan on a GTI.

But yeah, damn good car that. Can never go wrong with a GTI and the new model is a looker, but I expect to see so many that they will soon no longer be a little special like my EB 1 is.

Apparently since the mk5 50% of golfs sold in SA are GTIs. That's a lot of GTIs!! And their dealer network is painfully bad, maybe they can get away with it with the vivo crowd, but on a R400k car, I'm just really glad I never have to see the inside of a Vw service centre again! And trust me, I tried quite a few dealerships as I had a polo before my GTIs
Well its nice that you moved out of the ve brand and into something even better .. I didn't want to say this before, but the gti just never appealed to me, only because of the vast amount of them on our roads. I have heard of that statistic before and I'm quite sure it's true. Possibly even a little too modest lol. It's a hot seller for obvious reasons and nothing can detract from the greatness of the car.. but again, the gti mk7 epidemic has started. I've literally seen more gtis than the standard golf 7 on the road until now. The 125i continues to be a rarity on the road however. Combine that with good resale and you've got a winner there. The 125i also eats the gti hehe..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #26
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
In 116i form? I'm not being condescending but fun isn't the first word that comes to mind on a 116i or any FWD 100kw car.

I'm also not sure how these options detract from the driving experience. Auto is a personal choice and you get the same suspension, steering etc on your 116i that you do my 125i. a 125i weighs only 55kg more than a 116i and as for the weight of all my options, I imagine if you look at the weight range of the driver from a slender girl to a well built guy, that variation if you're a well built guy accounts for more than the weight of all my options, of that I'm sure. How much weight do you think my toys actually add to the car?

So if you so worried about weight the first place to start would be a diet
Well, at 189 cm and 77 kg, I wouldn't exactly consider myself obese!

I have driven cars with a great variation of power on track days, and found that it has very little influence on how much fun it is to drive. Accelerating down a straight is not very exciting anyway. The fun is all in the corners, and weight is very important. A light low power car is more fun to drive than a heavy and powerful car.

There was an F20 116d demo car at an ice racing weekend. It was very popular. Everybody wanted to drive it over and over again, and came out of it with big smiles. It was also one of the fastest cars on the track.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I forgot to ask, did they have the price of the S3 at JIMS?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #28
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I forgot to ask, did they have the price of the S3 at JIMS?
I got a full A3/A3 sportback including S3 pricelist including standard equipment off the audi website last week dated for October, but I see they've taken it down and prices are being "reviewed" which can only mean one thing given the performance of the rand. I can mail it to you if you want so you can see all options and costs of all models.

But to answer the question, as of the October pricelist:

S3 R457 500
S3 S-tronic R R474 500
S3 Sportback S-tronic (only seems to be available in S-tronic) R482 000.

So will work out cheaper given it's lower price and slightly higher spec than an M135i. And I think even 206kw in a quattro hatch will be a lot of fun.

But if you want the fastest hatch at the drag strip, this probably isn't it although it claims 0-100 of 4.9 for the manual, 5.0 for the s-tronic and 5.1 for the sportback S-tronic, so it remains an impressively fast hot hatch.

But those figures could have been worked out on the european power level model, although they quote the lower power level and those performance figures on the S.A pricelist.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I got a full A3/A3 sportback including S3 pricelist including standard equipment off the audi website last week dated for October, but I see they've taken it down and prices are being "reviewed" which can only mean one thing given the performance of the rand. I can mail it to you if you want so you can see all options and costs of all models.

But to answer the question, as of the October pricelist:

S3 R457 500
S3 S-tronic R R474 500
S3 Sportback S-tronic (only seems to be available in S-tronic) R482 000.

So will work out cheaper given it's lower price and slightly higher spec than an M135i. And I think even 206kw in a quattro hatch will be a lot of fun.

But if you want the fastest hatch at the drag strip, this probably isn't it although it claims 0-100 of 4.9 for the manual, 5.0 for the s-tronic and 5.1 for the sportback S-tronic, so it remains an impressively fast hot hatch.

But those figures could have been worked out on the european power level model, although they quote the lower power level and those performance figures on the S.A pricelist.
Sweet, that's excellent pricing! Thanks!

I thought something was wrong because the normal A3 pricelist wasn't there anymore when I checked yesterday..

Yeah 206 kW in a quattro will be fun, although I'm positive that the 0-100 times will be higher, given the lower outputs. Maybe 5.4 for the s-tronic

I'm surprised that the s-tronic is slower?! However it will outshine the manual in everyday driving conditions.

Damn, but the price is really good. I didn't expect that.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #30
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Is the torque the same?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
diesel20
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Is the torque the same?
380NM. Not sure what the euro figure is?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
380NM. Not sure what the euro figure is?
I checked and the euro figure is also 380 Nm. That's more than enough
Appreciate 0