BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Custom M2 Interior with Estoril Blau trim

01-06-2017, 05:31 AM   #1
Beau2795
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F20 LCI 118d M Sport

Custom M2 Interior with Estoril Blau trim

Hi everyone

This is my first post on the forum, let's make it a nice one

So, here's the story:
I drive a 2016 F20 LCI 118d in Glacier Silver with the hexagon/estoril blau interior trim. I've never been a fan of the M Performance interior package with the alcantara, even though my seats are partially alcantara.

On the forums I managed to buy a set of dashboard panels of an M2. (credits to GregD).
I also found this post of someone with the same idea, but with the brushed aluminium trim. Nice tutorial, but because I don't own a dremel tool, I used a 9mm universal drill bit.

I drilled out all the plastic welds (see the post mentioned above for pictures) and attached the estoril blau trim to the carbon piece.

Overall, I think it took me about an hour. Including taking the interior pieces out of the car (which is easily done by hand), drilling both pieces, changing the trim and glueing it all back together.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dawko191.00
      01-06-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
Definitely something unique and awesome result!!
Appreciate 0