BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > What do u guys think of the color choice

06-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #1
Aamerf3
Rep
Drives: White 4 door f20

What do u guys think of this color? (118i)

So i just got my f20 and im thrilled about it but the wheel color was just too plain and didnt compliment the white so i thought of some colors that go well with white and just giving it an individual look

So what do u guys think
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
matthewcornish
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Looks nice. Similar effect to the M135i alloys which are a gunmetal grey / dark sivler type colour
      06-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Aamerf3
Rep

The color is actualy smoke silver matte like the audi a8 rims
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2015, 02:58 PM   #4
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Much better after painting!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2015, 06:25 AM   #5
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca
Much better after painting!
Glad u like it ;p
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #6
krejzifrik
Rep
Drives: -

Full painted of spray foil?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #7
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krejzifrik
Full painted of spray foil?
I really didnt understand ur question but if ur asking is it permanent yes but it can be removed with gasoline and a whole lot of work and itl be back to silver because i told them not to heat it so it doesnt stick on and also didnt put a clear coat because i like to mix it up every now and then
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #8
krejzifrik
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamerf3 View Post
I really didnt understand ur question but if ur asking is it permanent yes but it can be removed with gasoline and a whole lot of work and itl be back to silver because i told them not to heat it so it doesnt stick on and also didnt put a clear coat because i like to mix it up every now and then
Sorry for not being clear - My question was: paint or plasti dip (or similar)
- but you answered it
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #9
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
So what do u guys think
The painted rim looks very well on it's own , but the whole car with these, IMHO, looks untidy, like dirty shoes or something. It could be because of the shady picture but I tend to think something brighter (or darker - black: "black rims with AW paint" ) would suit the white body better.

The majority here is on your side though: To Ferric or not? AW

The painting technology looks strange, by the way: I would expect they dismount the wheel and dip the rim into the paint or something to paint it whole and thoroughly rather than spray or brush to "just dye the parts that show".

Last edited by No one; 06-29-2015 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Cross-thread link improvement
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one
Quote:
So what do u guys think
The painted rim looks very well on it's own , but the whole car with these, IMHO, looks untidy, like dirty shoes or something. It could be because of the shady picture but I tend to think something brighter (or darker - black: "black rims with AW paint" ) would suit the white body better.

The painting technology looks strange, by the way: I would expect they dismount the wheel and dip the rim into the paint or something to paint it whole and thoroughly rather than spray or brush to "just dye the parts that show".
I didnt want them to dip the wheel because then it wouldnt come off if i wanted to and ur right about the pictures the shadow isnt giving the color justice and theres was a decent amount of brake dust on it so it was darker than in the picture but after a good wash they shine like in the picture of the rim and look amazing / i didnt want to go black because i allready have a pearl landcruiser with black rims and wanted to mix it up and btw black is hard to keep it looking clean but this color choise its very similar to brake dust color and stays looking clean even in our harsh weather in saudi where its mostly dusty and hot as f***???
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamerf3
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one
Quote:
So what do u guys think

I didnt want them to dip the wheel because then it wouldnt come off if i wanted to and ur right about the pictures the shadow isnt giving the color justice and theres was a decent amount of brake dust on it so it was darker than in the picture but after a good wash they shine like in the picture of the rim and look amazing / i didnt want to go black because i allready have a pearl landcruiser with black rims and wanted to mix it up and btw black is hard to keep it looking clean but this color choise its very similar to brake dust color and stays looking clean even in our harsh weather in saudi where its mostly dusty and hot as f***???
This is it with some like lighting
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 03:59 AM   #12
Leeshez
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series F20

It does look far better. .
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #13
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeshez
It does look far better. .
Thanks ;p
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #14
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

My wheels have something rather close to that colour after track driving, being covered by brake dust. I prefer the more bright and shiny look, but at least it looks a lot better than black in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #15
Aamerf3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam
My wheels have something rather close to that colour after track driving, being covered by brake dust. I prefer the more bright and shiny look, but at least it looks a lot better than black in my opinion.
Thats the same reason why i chose this color in particular im lazy and i dont like taking the car to car washes and only wash my car every 2 weeks
Appreciate 0