BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Before delivery q's

04-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
raffoul232
Private
Rep
Drives: m135i xdrive

Before delivery q's

Getting my car on Saturday so I had some questions to ask before I take delivery:
1) I found on eBay sat nav pro, is it a plug and play or does it require some extra cables? I have the 6.5" screen.
2) My car isn't coming with the black panel display, (asked my dealer before putting in my order he didn't even know what it was) can it be fitted if I purchased the parts from my dealer, or is there a way to code the system to show the m-performance message? It's not fair that it doesn't show on the regular display cause its the same car.
3) Does the y-cable come for free or are they going to try and rip me off?
4) Is there anything I should ask the dealer or check some things before I take the car?
Thanks for any help possible cant wait, 24 hours and counting haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Congrats on the new car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffoul232 View Post
1) I found on eBay sat nav pro, is it a plug and play or does it require some extra cables? I have the 6.5" screen.
No, it is not plug and play unfortunately. You need a bit of wiring and also quite a bit or programming (coding). It will not be cheap and that is IF the dealer agrees to do it, cause he can refuse since it is not an official BMW retrofit.

Quote:
2) My car isn't coming with the black panel display, (asked my dealer before putting in my order he didn't even know what it was) can it be fitted if I purchased the parts from my dealer, or is there a way to code the system to show the m-performance message? It's not fair that it doesn't show on the regular display cause its the same car.
No, you cannot do anything, unless you are willing to change the whole dashboard and get the one with the extended display...again quite expensive and will require programming.

Quote:
3) Does the y-cable come for free or are they going to try and rip me off?
No, it is not free and BMW charges alot. Here in Greece the price is 35 or 40 Euro. I bought one from amazon for 10 Euro.

Quote:
4) Is there anything I should ask the dealer or check some things before I take the car?
Not really. Just check that everything is in order, everything is working and that all the extras you have ordered are there. Lastly check the paint to makee sure there is no problem there as well.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
orcomma
Dividing by zero
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 XDrive20d xLine

Quote:
It's not fair that it doesn't show on the regular display cause its the same car.
Quote:
Does the y-cable come for free or are they going to try and rip me off?
bit harsh?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
elstoof
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i

These would have made for some good before ordering q's to be honest.
Appreciate 0