BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Hot Hatch Drag Race: BMW M135i vs Focus ST, Golf GTI, Astra OPC, Megane 265 RB7

12-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #67
deonvdw
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
There probably is no link, that's why. Very probably an ignorant dealer's bs. I would love to hear that logic behind!
No dealer bs here - I had them query BMW South Africa after their ordering system refused to spec RFT with the auto. BMW South Africa confirmed via email that RFT wasn't an option on auto.

Why is anybody's guess... perhaps the sports auto box switches swifter or harsher than the manual; or perhaps the 1st gear ratio of the auto is a lot lower than the manual (saw a table somewhere) - both these cod demand a more grippy tyre to control wheel spin.

Either way I hope I get Michelin PSS tyres on my car when it arrives :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #68
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonvdw View Post
No dealer bs here - I had them query BMW South Africa after their ordering system refused to spec RFT with the auto. BMW South Africa confirmed via email that RFT wasn't an option on auto.

Why is anybody's guess... perhaps the sports auto box switches swifter or harsher than the manual; or perhaps the 1st gear ratio of the auto is a lot lower than the manual (saw a table somewhere) - both these cod demand a more grippy tyre to control wheel spin.

Either way I hope I get Michelin PSS tyres on my car when it arrives :-)
I hope you do get PSS too and if you don't, either keep the originals as a reserve like I did or utlilize for another purpose and go buy a set of PSS after the break-in period. I couldn't even wait that much and despite the fact that original PS2 were not really bad I got a stock size PSS set just after first 550 kms The difference is so amazing especially where it is needed most (traction, wet handling infinitely better, even ride comfort and noise are better). No way I will put anything else on the 1M as a street tire.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #69
Caput Mortuum
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: VW Scirocco 2011

M135i was specifically tuned to Michelin Pilot Super Sports, so why would anyone order it with RFTs?
Appreciate 0