BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 116i F21 sprintbooster

10-24-2014, 02:54 AM   #1
tangursoy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116i (F21)

116i F21 sprintbooster

Hello all!

I got my car a few months ago nearly a year now so Im not that new to the car but more new to this tuning stuff. I used the drive a Cayenne before this so when I first got my 116 it felt a little small and slow (even though my cayenne was slower than this something about that engine roar). So I wanted make it a little faster and nicer I got a performance gear knob and I wanted to get chip tuning but I live in a small city and theres only one proper shop I can go to and they only had the remus powerizer box and my friend told me not to get it. I ended up getting a sprintbooster and to me atleast it really did make a difference I could recomend this for any other user my car felt like a different car and no warnings or problems yet.My main point in this post is now after the sprint booster my car feels better than ever and I want to have chip tuning done but the problem is even on this forum I still havent found anyone that has first hand experience with any of the chips like evo,racechip,ac etc. so please help me I really want to get one as soon as I can but I dont want to get it before talking to someone that actually has one of these chips on their car especially considering the prices of some of these right now im leaning towards ac schintzer or racechip

Thank you guys very much
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #2
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangursoy View Post
Hello all!

I got my car a few months ago nearly a year now so Im not that new to the car but more new to this tuning stuff. I used the drive a Cayenne before this so when I first got my 116 it felt a little small and slow (even though my cayenne was slower than this something about that engine roar). So I wanted make it a little faster and nicer I got a performance gear knob and I wanted to get chip tuning but I live in a small city and theres only one proper shop I can go to and they only had the remus powerizer box and my friend told me not to get it. I ended up getting a sprintbooster and to me atleast it really did make a difference I could recomend this for any other user my car felt like a different car and no warnings or problems yet.My main point in this post is now after the sprint booster my car feels better than ever and I want to have chip tuning done but the problem is even on this forum I still havent found anyone that has first hand experience with any of the chips like evo,racechip,ac etc. so please help me I really want to get one as soon as I can but I dont want to get it before talking to someone that actually has one of these chips on their car especially considering the prices of some of these right now im leaning towards ac schintzer or racechip

Thank you guys very much
The F20 has a very advanced encryption that has not be cracked yet by anyone. Therefor a normal OBD-tune as it was possible to do with many older cars is not possible yet for the F20. Only good option now for a chiptune is to deliver your car to a tuner that will open your original ECU and do his magic. Price for this is usually ~1500euros. ALL tunes you can buy online is piggyback solutions of varying quality. If I were you I would stick with the sprintbooster until an OBD-tune is available.