BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > SuperChips Map for 118i

03-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #1
dape90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

SuperChips Map for 118i

Evening all,

After working with SuperChips in the UK initially on a inline performance box and seeing some good gains. I am pleased to say that I now have a full map on my ECU. No inline box, and all I can say is amazing.

SuperChips nows has this ECU cracked and with their map on my car I saw 233bhp at 6200rpm. And a torque curve that is so flat you can iron on it. 289NM from 2850rpm to 6000rpm.

I have the dino results which I will upload later.

From a driving point of view the car is sublime. And all those crapy pull aways are gone. And the car just pulls and pulls.

Also, the guys at SuperChips are helpful and just really nice people that are happy to answer any questions you have.

If you want to map your car then this is the best way to go. It a good map that does not take your car past the point of reliability issues.

Those of you with a 118i will be please. If you have a 116i you will smile for a long time. And if you have a 114i you might never stop smiling. This maps works on them all (finial power figures will vary slightly from car to car as should be expected but only by a few BHP and NM)

Any questions let me know.

D
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
eray
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S3 Quattro 300 Hp

Hi,

The power values arouse excitement. I've been hoping for more than 300 nm torque though

There are some custom garages that map ECUs for N13 engine series in my country too, but they don't seem to give much confidence since they have to disassemble the ecu. I had TSi engine cars in the past, and there was no need to touch their ECUs. Could you please share your experience on this issue?

Kind regards,
Eray
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Weiman
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport -14

Here are their curves for a 116i:
http://www.superchips.co.uk/curves/F20F21116i136PS.pdf

Impressive indeed, but it's also comforting to see the unmodified engine produce 15 bhp higher than promised

How is the mileage affected?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 05:13 AM   #4
dape90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

To be clear this is an ECU top off map. However, having seen the efforts the guys at SuperChips go through when they do this, it's fair to say they take a serious amount of care when doing this.

Also, my car did give higher outputs on the dyno prior to the map. The manufacturers seem to be conservative on their paperwork. So the base you are working from it generally 8bhp more.

In terms of economy, motorway runs have improved. Here in the UK the government is rolling out these new 'invisible' speed cameras on the M25 and M1 (not really invisible, just look to the side of the gantry and you can see the bright blue connectors on the camera and flash unit). Always on and ready to take your picture. So I generally cruise and have seen a few MPG improvement.

However, get on a country road and give it the beans and yes, it will drink more fuel. It's all science really, no magic here. For more output you need more input.

I have a few track days coming this year. I will get a good feel for high speed runs after that.

However, as I said before, the map turns the car in a much better drive. And from what I have experienced so far it can give some other cars a good run for there money.

D
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
jocky_boy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116i

Still Happy?

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you are still happy with the Superchips map after living with it for a while?
Appreciate 0