BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > audio & bluetooth NH6 vs 6NK (& 6NF)

02-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
croosen
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 116i Sport

audio & bluetooth NH6 vs 6NK (& 6NF)

Hi guys

I'm planning on buying a F20. Went to three dealers and none of them were able to give the correct information about the bluetooth/usb story and the BMW website doesn't help either.

My question: i've got an iphone (4s) and an ipod, is it possible to make calls & listen to music with the 6NH bluetooth & usb option? I'm not looking for something to charge my devices.
Because no one could say, they added the 6NK & 6NF options. But that means that i also need a snap-in adapter.

So, anyone who has had any experiences with these options? What are the differences between 6NH and the 6NK/6NF combo? Will the 6NH display songtitles on the display? Does it offer control via iDrive?
Many people ask this sort of questions, but i never found a clear answer.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by croosen; 02-22-2012 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
me11ada
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series F20 118D Sport

Hi there,

I pick my car up tomorrow and then shall be able to let you know, I've got the 6NK pack, had the same problem .....
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
me11ada
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

may want to have a look at this...

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650520

and

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649778

these may answer some questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Doubleyou
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 116d F20

I have 6NH which is standard in The Netherlands, but did not order 6NL. I also have the Navigation Business. With this option I can listen to music on my iPod or iPhone and select songs/albums/playlists on my screen and also use my iPhone via the screen. All my contacts are shown and I can select and dial a number via the iDrive. Great feature!

What is 6NK?
      02-22-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
croosen
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 116i Sport

thanks me11ada! With the 6NK you should have it all i guess?

Doubleyou, i think i'll also go with the 6NH when i see your description. Here it's also the standard option in the connectivity pack.

6NK (in Dutch, but i guess you don't mind :-) ):
GSM-voorbereiding Bluetooth met USB-aansluiting
draadloze verbinding voor geschikte Bluetooth-compatible GSM’s (cf. overzicht op www.bmw.com/bluetooth), met handsfree installatie; via een afzonderlijk verkrijgbare snap‑in adapter in middenconsole, aansluitmogelijkheid voor laden en met externe antenne; GSM en snap‑in adapter niet inbegrepen; bediening mogelijk via iDrive, snelkeuzetoetsen, multifunctioneel stuur of Voice Control; aansluitmogelijkheid voor een
MP3-speler, MTP-speler, Apple iPod of USB-stick; 12V-stopcontact in opbergvak van de middenconsole inbegrepen - alleen met 606, 609 of 663
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Doubleyou
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 116d F20

Interesting . It is not stated at the Dutch BMW price list, only the 6NL is listed there. And I can not figure out what the difference is.
      02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
me11ada
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by croosen View Post
Hi guys

I'm planning on buying a F20. Went to three dealers and none of them were able to give the correct information about the bluetooth/usb story and the BMW website doesn't help either.

My question: i've got an iphone (4s) and an ipod, is it possible to make calls & listen to music with the 6NH bluetooth & usb option? I'm not looking for something to charge my devices.
Because no one could say, they added the 6NK & 6NF options. But that means that i also need a snap-in adapter.

So, anyone who has had any experiences with these options? What are the differences between 6NH and the 6NK/6NF combo? Will the 6NH display songtitles on the display? Does it offer control via iDrive?
Many people ask this sort of questions, but i never found a clear answer.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Right, the 6NK pack, if you have an iPhone 4S it will allow:-

1. Connection via the BMW Y-cable or just your USB Apple iPhone cable. BOTH WORK.

2. Via the methods above the screen will display album art, play songs and connection via bluetooth make phone calls, it will also charge the phone which is a bonus.

3. There is a space for a snap in adapter but as this is extra I didn't go for it in the end and currently just using my apple cable as I found it to be more flexible then the BMW Y-cable and it means the aux port is free for another device (In theory you can have three devices)

4. You can use the BMW apps from App store if you ordered BMW Apps with the car, as far as I have been informed you can not add this afterwards as it's with the sound system.

5. You can control it all via the idrive, although I've found it easier with the steering wheel controls.

Hope that helps, any more questions just ask away and I'll try it, still in the process of playing ...........
Appreciate 0