BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

07-30-2013, 07:20 AM   #155
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECVING View Post
Yours is prob on my ship...Undine....there is 3 on their way here...mine, yours and Eds!...
If that's the case, that's awesome! We'll have to have a Perth get together (once our cars are run in :P)

If it all runs on time for Sept 3rd arrival, they'll prob be released sometime in the 2nd week of September (I was told 5-12 days for customs release). That will be when I'm away overseas! Guess they can keep it safe for me until I get back
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #156
HHawker
Rep
Drives: Audi S3

Quote:
Can't send you a PM...

I have a M135i on the way, just got released from production and is being loaded on to a ship now...due in Freo on the 3rd Sep.

I bought through Auto Classic, wasn't able to get much of a discount, when I ordered they didn't have any build slots (ordered back in April and got a July build slot) so played the whole more buyers than slots card and wouldn't budge much on price. I've bought a BMW through them before and got about 15% but this time only got about 4-5% (which is basically the corporate discount).

I went with most options too. Also getting 18" M Performance Brakes added too.

Mine gets all the updates including launch control, iDrive touch, etc

James

Thanks for your replies guys.
Just realised that no PMs will be coming my way for about 24 hours, as my account won't activate completely until 24 hours after my first post.

Gumpy_999, appreciate the confirmation Re the iDrive controller.

James, really good to hear of your experience here in Perth.
If I'm only able to squeeze 4-5% out of the negotiations with the dealership I suspect I'll stick with the A45.

For a similar price to a fully specced M135i with a 4-5% discount, the A45 will give me all of the features of the M135i plus 19" alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, AMG trip timer and multi-function display, napa leather/microfibre steering wheel, Recaro seats & no LCT just to name a few bits and pieces.

A discount of closer to 13%, which appears to be along the lines of what a few people over east have managed, would more than likely win me over.

If anyone has been able to get more of a discount out of BMW in Perth would love to of hear of your experiences.
Will still pay BMW a visit and see whether the recent FBT changes might sway them towards a slightly sweeter deal.

Cheers guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #157
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHawker View Post
Just realised that no PMs will be coming my way for about 24 hours, as my account won't activate completely until 24 hours after my first post.

If I'm only able to squeeze 4-5% out of the negotiations with the dealership I suspect I'll stick with the A45.

For a similar price to a fully specced M135i with a 4-5% discount, the A45 will give me all of the features of the M135i plus 19" alloy wheels, panoramic sunroof, adaptive cruise control, AMG trip timer and multi-function display, napa leather/microfibre steering wheel, Recaro seats & no LCT just to name a few bits and pieces.

A discount of closer to 13%, which appears to be along the lines of what a few people over east have managed, would more than likely win me over.

If anyone has been able to get more of a discount out of BMW in Perth would love to of hear of your experiences.
Will still pay BMW a visit and see whether the recent FBT changes might sway them towards a slightly sweeter deal.

Cheers guys.
Mate, just realised you've driven one, what dealer has one to drive as a demo???
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #158
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow29 View Post
If that's the case, that's awesome! We'll have to have a Perth get together (once our cars are run in :P)

If it all runs on time for Sept 3rd arrival, they'll prob be released sometime in the 2nd week of September (I was told 5-12 days for customs release). That will be when I'm away overseas! Guess they can keep it safe for me until I get back
Definitely!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #159
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Mate, just realised you've driven one, what dealer has one to drive as a demo???
West Coast BMW has one to test drive. Or at least they did a couple of weeks ago when I drove it, unless it has already been sold.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #160
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
West Coast BMW has one to test drive. Or at least they did a couple of weeks ago when I drove it, unless it has already been sold.
Ok thanks...haven't driven one yet!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #161
Mangusta
Rep
Drives: 125i M Sport

Quote:

Cheers guys.
The A45 does sound compelling. And I know AMG have worked some magic on that 2.0 L engine. But, and I know I'm being biased to BMW when I say this, but I still don't understand how they can manage to squeeze 260 odd Kw out of that engine and not have serious wear issues after a few years, or maybe even earlier. I know it's heavily reworked but still, it hasn't yet stood the test of time. The inline six on the other hand is tried and tested. I could just be overly conservative and clearly biased to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #162
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok thanks...haven't driven one yet!
Yeah, I was expecting to order without getting to drive one, but I had arranged to go down and have a chat to West Coast a few weeks back when I started getting more serious and the day before I was scheduled to meet them they called to say the car had arrived and hadn't been sold yet so I'd be able to drive it. Wasn't disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #163
HHawker
Rep

Quote:
As Arrow29 mentioned, West Coast BMW pulled through with a demo.

I'd approached them some time ago Re the M135i and asked for a call if they ever got a demo in. Was stoked when they called to say a car had finally made the showroom, was up there the afternoon of the the call saying the car had arrived.

Never has a short drive in a car left such an impact. Having not been particularly excited by the M135i prior to the drive, the test drive really changed my mind and brought the car in to serious competition against the A45.
As has been mentioned, the car really doesn't disappoint.

Re the engine in the A45 and its untested longevity, it's definitely another aspect under consideration. I suppose I keep being drawn back to the fact that this is a true AMG vehicle. An element of trust in the brand definitely kicks in.

It's going to be a stressful few weeks while trying to decide on these cars.
That being said, the right price on the M135i will make my decision a lot easier.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #164
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
As Arrow29 mentioned, West Coast BMW pulled through with a demo.

I'd approached them some time ago Re the M135i and asked for a call if they ever got a demo in. Was stoked when they called to say a car had finally made the showroom, was up there the afternoon of the the call saying the car had arrived.

Never has a short drive in a car left such an impact. Having not been particularly excited by the M135i prior to the drive, the test drive really changed my mind and brought the car in to serious competition against the A45.
As has been mentioned, the car really doesn't disappoint.

Re the engine in the A45 and its untested longevity, it's definitely another aspect under consideration. I suppose I keep being drawn back to the fact that this is a true AMG vehicle. An element of trust in the brand definitely kicks in.

It's going to be a stressful few weeks while trying to decide on these cars.
That being said, the right price on the M135i will make my decision a lot easier.
Will get my sales guy from Auto Classic to T something up for me.

You may find you have better bargaining power with another option...

Both cars have this pros and cons....the 4 cylinder turns me off, while I haven't heard one in the flesh yet, it is very hard to past the sound of a BMW 6 cylinder!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:38 AM   #165
HHawker
Rep

Arrow29, thanks for the PM. Much appreciated!

Contacted West Coast BMW today and was essentially told a close to fully optioned M135i would demand $85,000 - no room to move!
Was pretty disappointed with their approach and lack of interest in talking a deal, so will give Auto Classic a go.

If anyone else in Perth has any feedback would be great to hear from you. Also love to hear of anyone who had a particularly good experience with a particular salesman.
My PMs are finally up and running.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #166
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

First time poster here, so hi everyone! Just sold my 05 E46 M3 after 3 years ownership, loved every minute of it, but needed to change for various reasons. Definitely interested in the M135i, just wondering does anyone know what the Adaptive running gear cost is? Not many options I'll be ticking, and cant wait to NOT tick the sunroof option...!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #167
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kook View Post
First time poster here, so hi everyone! Just sold my 05 E46 M3 after 3 years ownership, loved every minute of it, but needed to change for various reasons. Definitely interested in the M135i, just wondering does anyone know what the Adaptive running gear cost is? Not many options I'll be ticking, and cant wait to NOT tick the sunroof option...!
Welcome mate!

M Adaptive is a $1420 option. It was the only one I ticked on my order!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:31 AM   #168
vladt
Rep
Drives: M135 - 9 years and still :)

How does M135i compares to an older M3?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #169
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladt View Post
How does M135i compares to an older M3?
Faster. It's got similar performance to current M3.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #170
kook
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2005 E46 M3

Quote:
Welcome mate!
M Adaptive is a $1420 option. It was the only one I ticked on my order!
Yeah, adaptive is the one that's top of my list, I remember Chris Harris saying in one of his vids that the 2 options to tick were the adaptive. The other was maybe the 8 speed box, cant remember for sure. I'll tick a few others but definitely not the sunroof. The next project on my M3 (before I sold it) was to remove the roof+sunroof and replace it with a carbon fibre CSL one (weight reduction). I only used my sunroof maybe 5 times in 3 years of ownership.
From what I can figure out, M135i already comes with Professional Multimedia, so no need for Premium Sound option?
Definitely adding Comfort, memory seats are a must if 2 people drive the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #171
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

I put my order in early July through Brisbane dealer for the latest July production 125i mineral grey. Its been a month. Haven't heard from them yet about the expected delivery date. Can't wait to hear the exact pick up date for my 125i. Is there anyone in Brisbane experiencing the same as i am? Anyone knows any inside info from dealer about delivery date for July production car?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #172
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
I put my order in early July through Brisbane dealer for the latest July production 125i mineral grey. Its been a month. Haven't heard from them yet about the expected delivery date. Can't wait to hear the exact pick up date for my 125i. Is there anyone in Brisbane experiencing the same as i am? Anyone knows any inside info from dealer about delivery date for July production car?
In my experience BMW are pretty good with delivery estimates. Late July production in Germany would mean late September or early October delivery in Australia. Not sure they'll be able to narrow it further until the car is nearer our shores.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #173
j-plus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 125i

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It has greatly assisted me and was the main source of information for today's purchase for the Mrs:

125i
Black Saphire
6 speed
M Sport
Premium Sound (HK, DAB+)
Visibility Package (incl Bi Xenon, adaptive headlights, etc.)
Sunroof
M Sport brakes
4 year free servicing
$55K

Better deal than what car broker could source.

Jeff.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #174
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-plus View Post
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. It has greatly assisted me and was the main source of information for today's purchase for the Mrs:

125i
Black Saphire
6 speed
M Sport
Premium Sound (HK, DAB+)
Visibility Package (incl Bi Xenon, adaptive headlights, etc.)
Sunroof
M Sport brakes
4 year free servicing
$55K

Better deal than what car broker could source.

Jeff.
Great deal mate, well done, you out did me that's for sure
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #175
Ecytsai
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
I ordered a July built 125iM as well. Talked to my dealer today, it will be arrive Brisbane port on the 15th Sep so I guess should be able to drive it before Oct hopefully
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #176
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecytsai View Post
I ordered a July built 125iM as well. Talked to my dealer today, it will be arrive Brisbane port on the 15th Sep so I guess should be able to drive it before Oct hopefully
That's great. What colour is urs? Did u order it in late June or July?
Appreciate 0