BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Fuck the NFL

09-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #221
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
No way...too many black players
All the players will go on strike and the league doesnt want that
There are only a hand full in each game that "protest". Not sure what it takes to get the whole player's union to strike but it seems like you'd need at least the majority. There are 1792 players in the NFL. With only, say 4 per team protesting at each game (which might be double the actual amount) that makes 128 players, about 7%. The one game i saw this past weekend only had a total of 3 players protesting, so 128 is likely a generous figure. There are plenty of black athletes who speak out against this protest as well. Not sure how likely a strike would be.

Still....

No fans = no advertisers.

No advertisers = no NFL.

Player strike = replacement players, which i'm sure many fans are ok with.

I'd also bet the farm that there is some type of catch all player conduct rule in the agreement which would allow the NFL to bar any player for what ever reason it sees fit. Could just be a matter of time before we see it used.
      09-22-2016, 04:35 PM   #222
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Just wondering, do kids still pledge allegance to the flag everyday in school like I use to do??
At my son's school they do every day.
      09-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #223
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iM-Sport View Post
The NFL did persecute people for standing up for their beliefs - a few players were fined for wearing 9/11 commemorative shoes during opening weekend. What about their beliefs to remember those killed, first responders and the military? NFL says fuck that.

How about the Cowboy's request to wear a patch (either on the helmet or uniform) to remember the Dallas cops killed a few months ago? NFL said fuck you to that as well.

I have been seriously turned off this year by all this SWJ, politically correct, anti-American/police/military bullshit.

Fuck the NFL, enough said.
I don't understand why someone thinks that while at their place of work they should be able to protest, celebrate their beliefs, or change their assigned uniform to something the company hasn't approved. My company helps pay for my car which I use as for work. They told me I can't have any political stickers on my car or stickers that deal with any controversial subjects. They have the right to tell me what I will do while at work and I have the right to either follow it or leave. Not seeing why players or anyone else at work should have the right to protest while on the clock or why the employer should have to deal with it if they don't want to. Do what you want on your own time (AKA free time).

So employer (NFL) says players will wear their assigned uniform and nothing else, player/team want to do their own thing and suddenly the players rights are being violated, how about the rights of the NFL to set their own rules and not be pressured into things they don't want to be involved in.

You play football with the NFL, you run after a ball, there is 16 games a year and possibly a few more if your team is better than most, you wear a uniform and you get paid a lot of money. Based on the NFL rules I think you should be thankful you have one of these great jobs and not use it to push your personal agenda. Then on your time feel free to protest to your hearts content or think of this, actually get involved with making your community a better place as I don't see sitting during the anthem as something that is likely to change anything.

Last edited by David70; 09-22-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #224
hdoc2005
Registered
Rep
Drives: Grey '11 E90 M3

IRONY:

Player wants to "take a stand against American Social Injustice" by not standing for National Anthem...But he wears a uniform for a sport called "American Football" and is the most symbolic North American sport in the world...

But I do got a great shirt idea!
Front of shirt:
" 'Murican, we STAND for the American Flag"
*With a the American flag in back waving, and military member soluting*

On Back of Shirt
" Hey Kaep, Go fuck yourself..."
- Many American Service Members

who wants one???
      09-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #225
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
There are only a hand full in each game that "protest". Not sure what it takes to get the whole player's union to strike but it seems like you'd need at least the majority. There are 1792 players in the NFL. With only, say 4 per team protesting at each game (which might be double the actual amount) that makes 128 players, about 7%. The one game i saw this past weekend only had a total of 3 players protesting, so 128 is likely a generous figure. There are plenty of black athletes who speak out against this protest as well. Not sure how likely a strike would be.

Still....

No fans = no advertisers.

No advertisers = no NFL.

Player strike = replacement players, which i'm sure many fans are ok with.

I'd also bet the farm that there is some type of catch all player conduct rule in the agreement which would allow the NFL to bar any player for what ever reason it sees fit. Could just be a matter of time before we see it used.
Would you please stop talking sense before someone calls you a Racist......

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 09:47 PM   #226
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I don't understand why someone thinks that while at their place of work they should be able to protest, celebrate their beliefs, or change their assigned uniform to something the company hasn't approved. My company helps pay for my car which I use as for work. They told me I can't have any political stickers on my car or stickers that deal with any controversial subjects. They have the right to tell me what I will do while at work and I have the right to either follow it or leave. Not seeing why players or anyone else at work should have the right to protest while on the clock or why the employer should have to deal with it if they don't want to. Do what you want on your own time (AKA free time).

So employer (NFL) says players will wear their assigned uniform and nothing else, player/team want to do their own thing and suddenly the players rights are being violated, how about the rights of the NFL to set their own rules and not be pressured into things they don't want to be involved in.

You play football with the NFL, you run after a ball, there is 16 games a year and possibly a few more if your team is better than most, you wear a uniform and you get paid a lot of money. Based on the NFL rules I think you should be thankful you have one of these great jobs and not use it to push your personal agenda. Then on your time feel free to protest to your hearts content or think of this, actually get involved with making your community a better place as I don't see sitting during the anthem as something that is likely to change anything.
For sure the people who think it is ok and a right to protest on the football field, at work, would not think it is ok for the grocery clerk or restaurant server to push a political agenda on a person unprovoked.
      09-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #227
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 11:23 PM   #228
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

I still can't get over the fact this guy sucks so bad now, he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 04:22 AM   #229
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Eh, honestly I'm kind of whatever about it.

Generally speaking I watch football so I disconnect from politics and whatever else is going on. But if they want to make a statement, it's their right. Just like it's your right to protest the protest.

In the end, I'm watching for the game. Not the anthem or pre-game.
Couldn't of had said it any better myself...lets go giants!
      09-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #230
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Go Patriots!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #231
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
For sure the people who think it is ok and a right to protest on the football field, at work, would not think it is ok for the grocery clerk or restaurant server to push a political agenda on a person unprovoked.
X2, guy makes $10 an hour running the register and tells you to vote for his favorite candidate and management tells him STFU, stick to his job and everyone agrees.

Guy makes $10 million a year, most with at best average intelligence, plays a game for their fortune and then some think they have a right to push their agenda. Wear the assigned uniform, catch the ball and score points, don't do drugs, don't beat up your wife or break the other simple rules, not rocket science.
      09-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #232
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

If you don't like his protest, stop watching the NFL. Good riddance.

The part everybody is missing is neither his employer or the NFL has taken issue with it. How F'n hard is that to understand? Making comparisons to other employers in other situations shows below average intelligence.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #233
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3mr View Post
The part everybody is missing is neither his employer or the NFL has taken issue with it. How F'n hard is that to understand? Making comparisons to other employers in other situations shows below average intelligence.
Yet, they take issue with players that would promote positive messages rather than divisive ones. The issue is the inconsistency.
      09-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #234
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:

This.

Who cares. Watch FOOTBALL!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #235
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I'm going to watch football and keep bitching.
Mr Tonka6058.00
      09-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #236
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
For real, I dont give a shit on these protest but I do understand both sides of it.

I usually watch the games after the anthem so F them
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #237
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Go Patriots!!
You are soooo banned!
Taskmaster2465.00
      09-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #238
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I'm going to watch football and keep bitching.
X2, I have a right to bitch about anything I want to. I think Thomas Jefferson or someone like that made it a law.
      09-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #239
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The comparisons to other employers was a reply to a post on all of the things the NFL wouldn't allow the players and teams to do.

Quote:
The NFL did persecute people for standing up for their beliefs - a few players were fined for wearing 9/11 commemorative shoes during opening weekend. What about their beliefs to remember those killed, first responders and the military? NFL says fuck that.
      09-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #240
MARZPOPS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xdrive sedan NOT STOCK

Fucking cry babys nuff said get a life
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #241
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

My boy Jacoby Brisket...err Brisset!

Free Brady!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #242
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
My boy Jacoby Brisket...err Brisset!

Free Brady!
Safe to put edelmen in at my starting qb spot yet?
Appreciate 0