BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Quick help needed! Enhanced Black panel display toys

06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Exclamation Quick help needed! Enhanced Black panel display toys

Guys,

Close to a deal on a m135, in the showroom now! (uk)

Don't think in need sat nav but like some of the toys within the media pack

Salesman telling me enhanced black panel disply will get me the sport dials on the screen and the fuel economy graphs, my hunch is that is its only part of the media pack pro can anyone confirm my suspicions?!

Thanks so much
Lee
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
ripkord
First time owner
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F46 Gran Tourer, C220 AMG

I can confirm you get the fuel economy graphs, I think you need the larger screen for the dials - I dont have them on standard idrive although I have black panel
      06-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
DLB800
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 125i M-Sport EB MT

They obviously come with the Professional Nav. I get both the dials and graphs in mine with the Prof Nav.
      06-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Bmwfourlife
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20 1 series 116D Sport

Dont take the salesmens word for anything.......

best thing to do is research all the components online or get the F20 handbook of all options.

basically the black panel display is confined to the instrument panel direcyly infront of you where the petrol indicator is.....

It makes things look pretty on the panel and shows acceleration pedal movement for better economy.

The I drive system does show eco pro statistics if you drive in eco mode.

however the stander I drive does not show digital dials despite what the salesmen says. I think its a feature with the full media pack with wide screen.

Try and get bluetooth audio its an extra but worth it, most new cars have it standard.... u can stream ur music through your phone and car speakers.....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Definitely go with the check list and ask in detail....

Funny story is my wife picked the options for me while I was away on a biz trip. She just told the sales we don't want any add on or option, non at all XD The day the car came it came with Sat. Nav. sports dials.... We're in different regions but be careful with 'em sales XD. Cheers~
Appreciate 0