BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 - Stuttering with foot down - cold start mornings

01-23-2024, 06:48 AM   #23
x14864
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

fixed my stuttering from take off to acceleration cold and warm engine

bosch 0 258 027 005 the o2 sensor!!! Replace that 1

My BMW f21 2014 1 serie had this issue for a long time.
Milage now is 154K on the dashboard.

Issue is, the O2 sensor did not failed or trigger CEL. There are 2 oxygen sensors in this car, the first that gave CEL was around 125K and of course i replace only that 1 at the lower exhaust side, the one with blue socket 4pin.

But never thought that the other 1 at the turbo side needed replacement too.
So from a few days back, on and off i tried my best to get the stutter, but it never occurred again. Also during warmed up engine around 106C with full stop and full accel from 0. No issues.

Upon removing the O2 sensor at the turbo side, the sensor had white stuff on it, telling me , i used too much additives.
This sensor should fluctuate freely between 0,18 up to 0,82 mV when driving/accelerating. I used BimmerLink to monitor these values. And it should respond quickly as you variate your pedal foot work.

With the old O2 sensor i had those static values like 0,47 mV. And some other apps is saying/telling me the system is using 02 closed Loop cycle.
like the app Torque OBD.

Cheers
Appreciate 0