BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tires?

05-03-2024, 07:45 PM   #67
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaZ3 View Post
I just bought my first BMW, a 2000 Z3 Roadster and as part of the deal, the owner agreed to pay for four new tires and I'm seeking recommendations.

I bought it to replace my 2003 Miata that I sold, that I only drove about 1,500 miles per year, so I don't need any kind or "racing" or "high end performance" tires, but having said that, I do want "Good Tires".

I would welcome any/all suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I suggest contacting the people at Tire Rack (https://www.tirerack.com/content/tir.../homepage.html). They will ask you and/or you will tell them what you have, where you live, how and when you'll use the car (e.g., commuting, sunny days only for fun, year-round, never in the winter, etc.), and they will then suggest one or more tires that fit your use case.

You're not obligated in any way to purchase from them then or later. What you can do from there is to look up the tire(s) on their site that they've suggested and click your way through to Tire Rack's reviews of the tire (when available) and to the summary of the tire's ratings by people who have already bought and reviewed them on the Rack's site.

You can also go to this list of tires that TR offers in size 225/50-16: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...erformance=ALL. I got to that list by choosing the 2.3-liter model of the 2000 Z3; if you've got the 2.8 engine, you'll want to start a search from scratch.
Appreciate 2
Maynard3852.50
      05-04-2024, 01:11 PM   #68
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaZ3 View Post
I just bought my first BMW, a 2000 Z3 Roadster and as part of the deal, the owner agreed to pay for four new tires and I'm seeking recommendations.

I bought it to replace my 2003 Miata that I sold, that I only drove about 1,500 miles per year, so I don't need any kind or "racing" or "high end performance" tires, but having said that, I do want "Good Tires".

I would welcome any/all suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help.
You do want good summer tires, because they are ideal for the type of driving you will be doing - summer and probably a bit sporty. It is like wearing sneakers to exercise. Michelin PSS or PS4s, or Conti sport contacts are all great top line choices for this, all are great in rain or dry and they'll age out before you wear them out even at 4k miles/year. I find the Conti's favor the sporty/taut/direct feel (and cheaper), the Michelins lean towards the GT road comfort.
Appreciate 0