BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 1 series 2018 M Sport - upgrading head unit question

10-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #1
NiKRuLeZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series

Question BMW 1 series 2018 M Sport - upgrading head unit question

Hey all

I'm thinking of purchasing a 1 series and had a few questions beforehand RE: upgrading the head unit to a widescreen one from stock - which is not widescreen.

The head unit I'm looking at upgrading is an Android screen (that has Android / cpu / ram all installed on the actual unit) which has a sim card slot (4g) and comes with GPS.

What I want to know is, is is possible to connect the head unit to the wires that I assume connect to the shark fin module which I again assume contain GPS and a cellular antenna. I'm also assuming these wires are immediately behind and connected the current stock head unit to power the stock unit's navigation (for GPS anyway). Does anyone know if it's possible to connect to the shark fins GPS and internet antenna (GSM)?

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 04:45 AM   #2
NiKRuLeZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series

Bump
Appreciate 0