BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW FWD Cars Will Be Sold in US

10-05-2010, 04:11 AM   #67
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_328i View Post
Gay
+3
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #68
tabanli
BMW lover
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 IA Cabrio,320si

Very bad news for BMW lovers.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #69
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
I read the majority of these post here and I think of how shallow some people are and slightly insecure. Acting as if fwd is the work of the devil, seriously you need to look at yourselves.

FWD is perfectly acceptable mode of powering a small car, in fact it's far more beneficial than rwd because it will free up valuable space. The mini is one example of BMW building a very good and exciting to drive fwd, but it's too much of a niche product to appeal to every one so BMW have rightly made the decision to build one of their own.

If you dislike it then don't buy it but grow the hell up and stop with all this stupid talk of how it's gay and all that, it a commercial decision that will benefit the company as a whole.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #70
M2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
...all things to all people,
I think BMW already is this in europe but now they are trying to expand their range here. BMW's already has a broad range of cars in europe and a basic BMW there is really basic, but their image hasn't been hurt by providing this range of autos in europe. I think US relates the BMW name with status branding, high end, "ultimate driving machine", but europe has a more evolved perception of the brand. (I'm not saying europe is more evolved, so don't start flaming on me) I'm just saying they have been exposed to all ranges of BMW's and therefore differentiate high end from daily driver. Here is the US, there are only high-end-daily-drivers, no basic BMW's.(Even the 135i is around 40K with a few options.) So, I think it's time for BMW to be all things to all people, so they can infiltrate some of the other market levels that are currently dominated by the asian auto makers, which will be difficult unless they can pull in the yourger buyer and keep them brand loyal. Now, on the other hand BMW's marketing department has their work cut out for them, considering they have built the current perception in the US on "high end, road carver". Initially when the 1series was brought to the states the BMW enthusiasts were not happy with this "low end" entry level car, but as you can see BMW pulled it off and out sold their initial estimates, so I think there is a market for more different models (including the 1 series hatchback) and I think BMW can be all things for all people, as long as they don't forget their roots and make their sport models attainable to the "middle" market. Remember, there was a time when the 3 series was the entry level car for BMW.

Please dont open a can of whoop-ass on me for my comment above.

Last edited by M2; 10-05-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #71
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I read the majority of these post here and I think of how shallow some people are and slightly insecure. Acting as if fwd is the work of the devil, seriously you need to look at yourselves.

FWD is perfectly acceptable mode of powering a small car, in fact it's far more beneficial than rwd because it will free up valuable space. The mini is one example of BMW building a very good and exciting to drive fwd, but it's too much of a niche product to appeal to every one so BMW have rightly made the decision to build one of their own.

If you dislike it then don't buy it but grow the hell up and stop with all this stupid talk of how it's gay and all that, it a commercial decision that will benefit the company as a whole.
You need to take your own advice and calm down a notch. It's just peoples first reaction, no reason to go all high and mighty on us. Of course it's a commercial decision. and it will benefit the company as a whole ....it's still gay tho..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #72
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

Make a deal, we will stop bitching about ANYTHING that changes at BMW, if Jason agrees to ban you for life, deal?

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #73
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feli_330i View Post
Thankfully the world is suppose to end in 2012, so we won't have to see this.
I wonder if the Mayans included this in their predictions

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #74
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feli_330i View Post
Thankfully the world is suppose to end in 2012, so we won't have to see this.
Great, finally some good news.
Appreciate 0