BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New M-sport steeringwheel on the 1 series?

09-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #23
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycoh View Post
Hey all, first post, greetings!

I was actually just thinking the other day of changing the steering wheel on my recently purchased F20, as i sometimes get sweaty hands which i assume is due to the leather?

Has anyone changed to the Alcantara version? Would that help my issue?

Cheers for advice.
Yes, alcantara is more grippy with sweaty hands. You could also try to use driving gloves.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #24
jaycoh
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08/2013 F20 M135i Valen Orange

^Thanks ovekvam, appreciate it. May end up swapping to the alcantara version then, which may get dirty from sweat... so driving gloves is a good idea too. cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #25
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozolz View Post
This is down right annoying. Seems every year they add something much nicer to the F20. First they upgraded the iDrive/navi, now the steering wheel...Whats coming next year?

I just got my f20 m-sport 2014 build in february, which I was extremely satisfied with. Now they come up with this bullsh*it...gimme a break
I really don't get this.... What's wrong with them improving the car year on year? I get why you could be upset, but seriously... you won't be complaining in a few years when you want a new car and there are lots of new cool things available.
Appreciate 0